Moving from Symphony to Wonder?

jack168

We have a cruise booked on Symphony, but the prices for Wonder right now are cheaper (An ocean view is currently cheaper than our central park view on symphony). Also, we want to get on Wonder which of course is a new ship. What would be the best way to move from Symphony to Wonder. I'm currently thinking cancelling for an FCC then rebooking for Wonder but I'm afraid the rates will go up or it will be sold out.

5 minutes ago, jack_c4321 said:

We have a cruise booked on Symphony, but the prices for Wonder right now are cheaper (An ocean view is currently cheaper than our central park view on symphony). Also, we want to get on Wonder which of course is a new ship. What would be the best way to move from Symphony to Wonder. I'm currently thinking cancelling for an FCC then rebooking for Wonder but I'm afraid the rates will go up or it will be sold out.

Put the deposit down on Wonder to lock in your rate and then get your other sailing canceled for FCC.

2 minutes ago, jack_c4321 said:

Would the deposit be refunded when I get my FCC and apply it to the booking?

Probably not.  The excess would still remain as an FCC to use on another cruise.  You can call your TA and ask them about moving without having to put up another deposit until the FCC is generated.

Are you past final payment for Symphony? 

I just moved my March Harmony to a March Wonder. At this point I only had a refundable deposit on Harmony. My TA (Sharla) just picked it up and moved it to Wonder. 

Like you, an OV balcony was $500 less on Wonder than a CP balcony on Harmony. That’s an UDP with a little left over! 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Wouldn’t hurt to ask. These are different times for sure. 

I guess it really never hurts to ask, because...

image.thumb.png.177cba11be3e0c5c065e9198df11173b.png

I CAN'T WAIT! We also upgraded from a Central Park View Balcony to a LARGE Ocean View Balcony. Let me repeat that... LARGE OCEAN VIEW BALCONY.

It was somehow cheaper too, and hopefully I can soon say I went on the world's largest cruise ship! 😎 Just fingers crossed that it doesn't get cancelled. They didn't charge any ship change fee (not sure why, but I'm cool with that 😂) and I didn't have to deal with any future cruise credits either.

Also, thanks to all of you who helped me out!