xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas March 4, 2022 Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day

12thman

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

69819941_WONDERCountdownCoverPhotos_002.thumb.jpeg.5172abe54a7bc557b2fcfc2af63eb9c1.jpeg

Hoping Omicron doesn't mess this one up!

I heard rumor that the CDC is not going to extend the Conditional Sail Order.   If that is the case I am going to go out on a limb and guess that we should be pretty good.  I could be wrong though and we probably won't know for sure until January 15.

5 minutes ago, janderson said:

I heard rumor that the CDC is not going to extend the Conditional Sail Order.   If that is the case I am going to go out on a limb and guess that we should be pretty good.  I could be wrong though and we probably won't know for sure until January 15.

I am hoping all will go well with this inaugural.  Ideally, I would like for everyone to enjoy the full experience - shows, shore excursions, onboard activities, etc.  But during these uncertain times, I’m ready for anything being canceled, except for the cruise itself.  I’d find ways to enjoy 7 nights (and days) at sea, if it comes to that.

5 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I am hoping all will go well with this inaugural.  Ideally, I would like for everyone to enjoy the full experience - shows, shore excursions, onboard activities, etc.  But during these uncertain times, I’m ready for anything being canceled, except for the cruise itself.  I’d find ways to enjoy 7 nights (and days) at sea, if it comes to that.

100%.  I am going with the idea of enjoying the SHIP.   If i get to go out on ports great and I still may choose to stay on board on certain ones who knows.  I just hope that maybe with the fast spread that this round will be about over by the time March comes so we can have a small feel of normalcy for a week.  Everywhere I go on land you don't know vaccination statuses of the people around you.  I feel I'm more "in danger" here than I will be on the cruise.  Simply my opinion though.  No matter what gets cancelled I can deal with.  I have to respect what Royal does if I want to sail with them as they probably have a reason to do what they are doing. 

6 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

If this inaugural is cancelled and rescheduled, will our reservations be moved to the new date or will it be a mad scramble for reservations for everyone?

I'm going to say mad scramble but if it's canceled when they do sail that date is probably already on sale. If it's canceled for 3 weeks then whoever is booked 4 weeks out will now be on the inaugural sailing. Can't see them rescheduling everyone for the "new" inaugural sailing. Just need to pay close attention next month to Matt's news letters and blog. 

4 minutes ago, 12thman said:

I'm going to say mad scramble but if it's canceled when they do sail that date is probably already on sale. If it's canceled for 3 weeks then whoever is booked 4 weeks out will now be on the inaugural sailing. Can't see them rescheduling everyone for the "new" inaugural sailing. Just need to pay close attention next month to Matt's news letters and blog. 

I wish we had an alert system for that 😂

On 1/7/2022 at 6:00 PM, 12thman said:

Another indication to watch is if/when the ship actually leaves Europe.  I would imagine if it hasn't left by the end of the first week in February, this cruise likely won't happen.  I think it will need to do a test cruise (don't know for sure but...) and then the week or so to get over here from Europe.

59 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

45 days to go... check-in is still unavailable...

image.png.b4990071a06c00f86106aaabaa387f58.png

I’m stalking this group! I’m on the 18th and tapping my fingers waiting for the magical “check in is open” to appear. 

Crew is beginning to arrive. A mom posted in a Facebook group that her daughter has left Australia to join the ship in France. Last I read was she’s (Wonder) supposed to leave France mid February to head this way. 

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Normally I'd say 30 days but check the app, however in this case Wonder is still not in my app, although it is for some apparently.  

I have literally been checking every morning and evening on the app and online.  Never been on an Oasis class ship so I am super pumped to go.  I am excited as well to see so many people on forums that have answered questions going as well so maybe I can put a face with a name.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas March 4, 2022 Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day