xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas March 4, 2022 Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day

12thman

12 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

At the moment it's just an Odyssey thing. I'd imagine it won't translate well to Oasis class because there's no Seaplex.

Right, but if there is another quantum class ship, they might continue to add one. Cruise lines tend to repeat their successful offerings.

On 10/13/2021 at 8:15 PM, Ampurp85 said:

Zone Zero might just be a quantum class thing. Wonder is oasis class.

Zone Zero doesn't use that much square footage. I circled the area used for it on Odyssey. They might be able to squeeze it in somewhere. If they do add it, I hope it's not same theme. It would be nice to see different themes on each ship

Capture.JPG

5 minutes ago, CruisingSteve said:

Zone Zero doesn't use that much square footage. I circled the area used for it on Odyssey. They might be able to squeeze it in somewhere. If they do add it, I hope it's not same theme. It would be nice to see different themes on each ship

Capture.JPG

Very true but I would just like to try doing it once.  I have done other VR things however Zone Zero sounded like it was on a whole new level.  I also and curious now after reading Matt's newest blog on Wonder of what the specialty restaurant that is still to be announced will be.  It would be great to have a southern theme BBQ restaurant on board.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:52 AM, janderson said:

Very true but I would just like to try doing it once.  I have done other VR things however Zone Zero sounded like it was on a whole new level.  I also and curious now after reading Matt's newest blog on Wonder of what the specialty restaurant that is still to be announced will be.  It would be great to have a southern theme BBQ restaurant on board.

The trademark office is very slow, I would be surprised if Royal gets it before the ship sails

12 minutes ago, CruisingSteve said:

The trademark office is very slow, I would be surprised if Royal gets it before the ship sails

So do you think that it will still be the original restaurant that was planned for the Asian market?  I saw where they had listed specialty restaurants for the Asian sail and had "Hot Pot".  Upon further looking its like a cook your own Ramen dish at your table with hot water over little heat sources in a pot with a divider so you and someone else can have different flavors or seasoning.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, janderson said:

So do you think that it will still be the original restaurant that was planned for the Asian market?  I saw where they had listed specialty restaurants for the Asian sail and had "Hot Pot".  Upon further looking its like a cook your own Ramen dish at your table with hot water over little heat sources in a pot with a divider so you and someone else can have different flavors or seasoning.

I'm pretty sure Royal is changing the plans now because it sails from the U.S. for 2 months then goes to Rome for the summer then back to U.S. so it seems more likely they will have some of the original plans to accommodate the U.S. market

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Szwajkowski told me he will be the cruise director on the Wonder.

We had a small chat last night after he recognized me at the theater as the first one voted off the "Broken Link" game.  When I said I was booked for the inaugural, he said I might have a chance to redeem myself ha ha

On 11/19/2021 at 6:26 AM, PG Cruiser said:

Mike Szwajkowski told me he will be the cruise director on the Wonder.

We had a small chat last night after he recognized me at the theater as the first one voted off the "Broken Link" game.  When I said I was booked for the inaugural, he said I might have a chance to redeem myself ha ha

awesome! loved his jokes...haha

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jaybee23 said:

So excited for our First Inaugural Cruise! Does anyone have any experience with Royal Caribbean Inaugural cruises and what to expect? As In Possible freebies or events? So excited to meet you guys!!

It's hard to say right now because the pandemic has been a tremendous financial hardship for them so freebies and giveaways are hard to predict.

Typically an inaugural cruise could see fireworks somewhere, maybe at the homeport before sailing, maybe at Coco Cay, or maybe not at all.  

There may be events on board or there could be company executives on board.  

More than anything these days the thing we can count on is lots of hype with the word "inaugural" and bragging rights sailing the newest ship in the fleet on the inaugural cruise.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas March 4, 2022 Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day