Wonder of the Seas March 4, 2022 Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day

12thman

I guess I am now apart of this rowdy crowd.  I was temporarily not thinking right and forgot that the March 11 sail date was on the first week of spring break.   Luckily my MEI travel agent was able to move me to the March 4th sailing.  Can't wait to see everyone and to celebrate the inauguration of this ship!

7 minutes ago, janderson said:

I guess I am now apart of this rowdy crowd.  I was temporarily not thinking right and forgot that the March 11 sail date was on the first week of spring break.   Luckily my MEI travel agent was able to move me to the March 4th sailing.  Can't wait to see everyone and to celebrate the inauguration of this ship!

Better airfare for you?

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

Have they revealed what musical will be featured on the Wonder?  I think all Oasis class ships have famous musicals in their entertainment line-ups

Was a hint for Chicago coming back.

Never been on an inaugural sailing before.  The wife was asking me last night if they do anything special for celebrations (fireworks, parties, etc).   Has anyone heard the plans for this one?   I watched the video of Symphony's fireworks and such however it didn't show anything on the ship.

16 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I meant the prices that @AshleyDillo and @Cruising With JT posted, $2,113.94 and $2,470 respectively.  I was WONDERing if those were refundable rates.

Yup, refundable rates! I know I could do non-refundable and just do the FCC stuff if I cancel later etc but I figured I am this far out might as well spend a little bit extra and keep it flexible in case their policies change. An extra $100-$200 in a $2000+ vacation isn't a big deal for added flexibility.

49 minutes ago, janderson said:

Never been on an inaugural sailing before.  The wife was asking me last night if they do anything special for celebrations (fireworks, parties, etc).   Has anyone heard the plans for this one?   I watched the video of Symphony's fireworks and such however it didn't show anything on the ship.

I am pretty sure they'll be doing something special, but not sure what yet... usually inaugurals have cool festivities and stuff, like balloons when entering, music, maybe fireworks at CocoCay are in store for the world's soon to be largest and newest ship! I am WONDERing myself as well.

13 minutes ago, Cruising With JT said:

I am pretty sure they'll be doing something special, but not sure what yet... usually inaugurals have cool festivities and stuff, like balloons when entering, music, maybe fireworks at CocoCay are in store for the world's soon to be largest and newest ship! I am WONDERing myself as well.

There seems to be much WONDER with the Wonder of the Seas.

19 minutes ago, janderson said:

usually inaugurals have cool festivities and stuff, like balloons when entering, music, maybe fireworks at CocoCay

Oasis even got fireworks in Miami before leaving on the first sailing after the amplification. There's likely to be something noticeable and there's always inaugural season gear to buy (and sometimes given as a freebie).  I think the ports sometimes do a water cannon salute when it's the first port call for a ship maybe? It will just be exciting to experience a new ship, but I'm not 100% convinced this will end up being a true inaugural. If anything we can at least expect media sailing shakedown cruises before this one, provided its build is completed on time. And if it's completed early, who knows what will happen.

25 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ugh, you guys, I'm SO TEMPTED to book this one.  But it would likely mean canceling my Alaska sailing.  We'll probably do those a lot anyway once we move to WA State in 3 years, but this one is so soon after my Odyssey sailing.  I'm so torn!

Well I definitely can't do the Alaska cruise now, so obviously you know what my vote is for 😂

Get a hold quote and mull it over, research flight prices and bounce it off whoever you have to go through for the time off approval! 

Keep the Alaska booking just in case and make a decision at final payment time.

57 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Ugh, you guys, I'm SO TEMPTED to book this one.  But it would likely mean canceling my Alaska sailing.  We'll probably do those a lot anyway once we move to WA State in 3 years, but this one is so soon after my Odyssey sailing.  I'm so torn!

I cancelled my Alaska sailing too.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, ninjakitty said:

Will they offer discounted dining and drink packages eventually?

I don't know however since this is my first time on an Oasis class ship I am absolutely excited to try the specialty restaurants.  We plan on trying the main dining room at least once but as soon as I see that dining package pop up I am going to buy it.