Cruises 10/1/21 thru 12/31/21 Final Pmt NOT due until 30 days before …..

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

UPDATE!  Are we surprised?  Royal was wrong.  My TA called back this morning when it was less hectic.  Spoke to someone else who was more knowledgeable and Air2Sea follows the final payment date.

So glad to hear this. I was definitely trying to figure out how they'd make that work, since the Air2Sea balance got lumped in with the other cruise charges as part of my total. I had horrid visions of having to try and get Royal to understand that this smaller payment I'm making before final payment is for a specific line item, and could they please apply it directly to that... 😬

19 hours ago, MamaShark said:

After I got a call from Royal Guest Experience repeating scripted language from RC's update —that they’re “working with their medical teams, government health authorities, and testing providers to provide us with the best experience…” I agree with@WAAAYTOOO “they will most likely get cancelled anyway”.
 OP  suggested to take a look at the CDC Color Status for Royal Caribbean ships.  It’s beginning to feel a lot like Xmas… (and NYE 2020) on dry land all over again😔

18 hours ago, MamaShark said:

I got a call from read language that they’re “working with their medical teams, government health authorities, and testing providers to provide us with the best experience…”and was advised to look at the CDC color status for Royal Caribbean, I agree with@WAAAYTOOO they will most likely get cancelled anyway.  

This is how internet rumors get started. There are zero indications that Royal (or any of the other players) would be cancelling cruises. 
From a health and safety standpoint, the restart has been, for the most part, a resounding success. 

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

From a health and safety standpoint, the restart has been, for the most part, a resounding success. 

Agreed. 

I have unmasked, complete strangers closer to me at work than I did at any point on the ship (or during check in it/disembarkation). 

Everybody on a ship WANTS to be there and has made the personal decision to follow all protocols required.  

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I read that some of the check-ins opened back up, so it may have just been a glitch. I have also saw on FB that people who had OBC for price drops are able to request refunds to their cards.

I just checked. All three of my November cruises still show check in unavailable. I’m hoping they get restored with my original arrival times.

6 hours ago, DunwoodyDad said:

So at this point does it seem like the original check-in dates will be restored?  Or should we be planning around the new dates that are appearing in the app much closer to sail date?

The original check-in time for our 9/5 Freedom sailing was restored today.  Today is the day that the new check-in date was changed to.

I've read that this has happened to a few people here, so my guess is the original check-in time will be honored.

2 minutes ago, teddy said:

The original check-in time for our 9/5 Freedom sailing was restored today.  Today is the day that the new check-in date was changed to.

I've read that this has happened to a few people here, so my guess is the original check-in time will be honored.

Oh

Wait

I don't think this is what you asked.  I somehow read the words "check-in time"

Reading comprehension 101.  Sorry.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:55 PM, Chadster said:

I'm so very thankful for this! I've had some unexpected news that kinda turned everything on its ear, and I was afraid I was going to have to cancel my back-to-back Christmas/NYE cruises, but with this, I'm not going to have to even remotely entertain that thought, and those cruises will be even more welcome as winter holiday escapes!

If you haven’t checked your fare recently you may want to do so. Someone in one of my Facebook groups just saved $1,000 on their NYE cruise

So according to Sharla, I actually can change my refundable deposit to a non refundable by Thursday (new final payment for my October 23 Symphony) and Royal will refund to my credit card. 

I made final payment back at 90 days. I can get $500 back if I do. 

I’m thinking this is a no brainer.  Am I right? Lol I mean I’m 32 days out. CWC is still available. 

52 minutes ago, Jill said:

So according to Sharla, I actually can change my refundable deposit to a non refundable by Thursday (new final payment for my October 23 Symphony) and Royal will refund to my credit card. 

I made final payment back at 90 days. I can get $500 back if I do. 

I’m thinking this is a no brainer.  Am I right? Lol I mean I’m 32 days out. CWC is still available. 

Yep.  I've pretty much not booked a refundable fare for any cruise that is CWC eligible.  (I'm usually big on refundable bookings)

On 9/21/2021 at 2:39 PM, Jill said:

If you haven’t checked your fare recently you may want to do so. Someone in one of my Facebook groups just saved $1,000 on their NYE cruise

I didn't get any price drop on my NYE cruise, but I did save a little bit on my Alaska cruise for next spring, so there's plenty of time for it to drop more. Plus, who knows what will happen to the price for my holiday cruises between now and late November for final payment?

On 9/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, twangster said:

Yep.  I've pretty much not booked a refundable fare for any cruise that is CWC eligible.  (I'm usually big on refundable bookings)

Got $514.99 refund today for my refundable deposit. That brings my total savings to about $3300 on 3 cruises since June. Pretty much expecting Royal to start paying me to cruise! 😂

• 2 weeks later...