Vaccination Issue

PG Cruiser

I will be disembarking from the Odyssey on November 20th this year. Then I will be boarding the Oasis the next day (21st).  How will I get my required test for the Oasis sailing? Do you think Royal will give me a COVID test while I am on the Odyssey?  

Has anyone tried doing the proctored test using their phone’s data plan?  Was it reliable? I’m afraid of losing the connection with eMed while waiting for the results.  Is the eMed service 24/7? 

2 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I called Royal and this was the response.  Royal will administer the test for subsequent cruises as long as the sailings are no more than three days.  I hope the agent knew what he was talking about.  It sounded like he was reading his answer off of a "Knowledge Base."

Someone knows what they are talking about! 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time

All guests 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be administered by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart. Visit Guest Services while onboard to arrange this test ahead of your next cruise.

58 minutes ago, FManke said:

What about testing for those countries that require a negative test for re-entry? Will RC provide a test for that as well?

Happy Cruising!

Yes. I confirmed it with a suite concierge a few weeks ago. Free of charge. Not sure if that is because I need to get back to Canada or because I will be in a suite. 

38 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes. I confirmed it with a suite concierge a few weeks ago. Free of charge. Not sure if that is because I need to get back to Canada or because I will be in a suite. 

I actually wandered off to an area where crew members were handing out test results.  I asked about it from their supervisor. She said it was for those who needed it for their return trips.

This is great information. We have been stressing about this very point, researching CVS locations in Miami. It looks like all the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place, and we can leave Australia and do our series of cruises and now knowing Royal will be able to take of the tests for the cruises we have a day in-between 

2 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

This is great information. We have been stressing about this very point, researching CVS locations in Miami. It looks like all the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place, and we can leave Australia and do our series of cruises and now knowing Royal will be able to take of the tests for the cruises we have a day in-between 

So how are things down under ?  News coming out seems a bit grim...just wondering if all is well.

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So how are things down under ?

We live in Sydney, in an area of concern with higher COVID numbers, so still in lockdown and only today they have lifted our nighttime curfew (9pm - 5am). Now do not laugh, but the whole state of NSW had 1200 odd cases yesterday, so nothing like the rest of the world but our politicians tell us that it is bad; seriously. When you put our figures into perspective to the rest of the world, we have nothing really to worry about.

The good news for our state, is we should achieve 80% double vaccinated by early to mid October, so they are talking about international travel being opened. Qantas is taking bookings from mid-December and we are booked to fly out 3rd Jan heading to Barbados via Miami to board the Grandeur.

The funny thing is, it possiblty the case I can travel overseas before I can travel to another state within Australia    

Spring is an amazing time of year for Sydney with an average of 72F during the day, sunny and low humidity, so it is not all bad. Going for walks with a mask and sooo looking forward to the day we can finally go out to a pub and restaurant again.