harmenise

Hello!  

I'm new to this forum, but I've been an RC cruiser for a few years and it's by far my favourite line!  We will be sailing on the Liberty out of Galveston leaving December 18th, and will be on board for Christmas.  We will have our two young boys with us (ages 4 and 7).  I've never cruised for the holidays before and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what kind of special activities will be available, for both adults and kids?  I looked at booking specialty restaurants for Christmas Eve and Christmas night dinner, but they are all booked.  Does anyone know whether there are waitlists for specialty restaurants?  Or is the Main dining room a good place for these special dinners?  Any other good things to know about holiday cruising?  We're all super excited!

Any insights you can offer will be appreciated!

Thanks much!

Cheers,

Heather

Hi, Heather

I am also sailing a Christmas (plus New Years) itinerary. We will be on Navigator 23 Dec -3 Jan. No dining reservation options for Chops or Giovanni's for 24, 25, 31 Dec or 1 Jan. There is no way it is booked up as I checked the same day the reservations opened up. My guess is they are planning on charging a premium price for these holiday nights which is completely unsat to me. If that is the case, we will be eating in the MDR those nights, which is fine with me. I'm not going to pay scalper rates just b/c they CAN charge them.

I believe you will thoroughly enjoy cruising during the holidays. The ship will be beautifully decorated and festive. They will [most likely] have caroling and a visit from Santa Claus.

W cruise nearly a very Christmas and love it. I know you will too.

We cruised on the Brilliance last year (2015) for Christmas. 
Honestly, I sorta forgot it was Christmas. Now, mind you RCI does an excellent job of decorating and I believe they had a Santa and caroling (I'd have to check my Cruise Compass). But with being in the sunny Caribbean and in Cozumel the day after, Christmas kinda didn't cross my mind.

And I was OK with that.

One good thing that came from it I suppose: seemingly everyone in the MDR Christmas night was dressed accordingly. 

Thanks so much for your answers!  I wonder how much extra they will charge on the special nights in the other restaurants.  I'm definitely looking forward to the cruise for Christmas.  Escaping the silly madness with extended family that seems to happen every year recently is VERY attractive!  I hope my husband and kids enjoy it as much as they enjoyed their first cruise on Oasis a few months ago!

Cheers!

Did Christmas on Majesty about 10 years go. The shi was well decorated, with the highlight Being a tree for each country represented in the crew. They were decorated with items and traditions of that country.

There was caroling with guests and crew, with "snow" falling in the centrum.

Santa found us, wandered the ship Christmas morning and made his way to the theatre, where he had a gift for every guest 17 and under.

It was a great time hope to do it again one year!