King Crabs in Alaska: Where??

CJS2766

Hello all!

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. We are finally going on our first ever Alaska cruise next May and are super excited. My wife and I are huge crab lovers. While in Alaska, we hope to have some King Crab. Wanted to see where is the best place to eat King Crab in Juneau or Skagway since those are 2 stops. Ok, you veteran Alaska cruisers, what are your favorite places?

Hello all!

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. We are finally going on our first ever Alaska cruise next May and are super excited. My wife and I are huge crab lovers. While in Alaska, we hope to have some King Crab. Wanted to see where is the best place to eat King Crab in Juneau or Skagway since those are 2 stops. Ok, you veteran Alaska cruisers, what are your favorite places?

Flavor Of Love Romance GIF

Hello all!

From what I remember, Skagway didn't have a lot of restaurant choices.  There was Skagway fish co I think.  We went to the microbrew (Skagway brewing) .   Juneau has a couple of places Tracy's and Twisted fish.     It's still pretty pricey even there, but it's the "tourism area".   You'll want to have King Salmon if you haven't tried.  (Although if you're going in May, its before the big run.)

Tracy's is my "go-to"! I will be back to enjoy next summer. After riding the tram up Mount Roberts and hiking around for a couple of hours, I love to sit in the outside dining area, eat, and people watch. Tracy's is great for that. One caveat, get there early enough, like before the larger ships come in, or you will be in a long line. However, long line or not, I'm eating there! It is THAT good.

You can check out their menu:

https://www.kingcrabshack.com/