Thermal suite?

Jkaczano

Good morning everyone!  Has anyone had any experience with the thermal suite pass, especially on Oasis?  My mom and I will be star class on the 9/26 sailing and with 3 sea days this sounds like fun.  It’s being offered right now on my cruise planner for $119 pp, $199 per couple.  Thanks!

Good morning everyone!  Has anyone had any experience with the thermal suite pass, especially on Oasis?  My mom and I will be star class on the 9/26 sailing and with 3 sea days this sounds like fun.  It’s being offered right now on my cruise planner for $119 pp, $199 per couple.  Thanks!

With SC you will get 1 day Thermal Pass complimentary.  Once is always enough for me but Dan really enjoys the sauna and steam room...but he doesn't pay for additional time, he just uses his 1 time and that's it.  Right now I'm not sure the TS is even open.

With SC you will get 1 day Thermal Pass complimentary.  Once is always enough for me but Dan really enjoys the sauna and steam room...but he doesn't pay for additional time, he just uses his 1 time and that's it.  Right now I'm not sure the TS is even open.

According to @Matt in another thread it IS open - I can see the option to add to my cart on Odyssey but when I click on it it says that no times are available so not sure if ships will let you book it ahead or if you have to ask once on board. Will be checking in to this. 

According to @Matt in another thread it IS open - I can see the option to add to my car in Odyssey but when I click on it it says that no times are available so not sure if ships will let you book it ahead or if you have to ask once on board. Will be checking in to this. 

On our 9/26 Oasis, I can get all the way to checkout.  Not sure why it makes me select a time though, when it says it’s for an unlimited 7 day pass.

According to @Matt in another thread it IS open - I can see the option to add to my cart on Odyssey but when I click on it it says that no times are available so not sure if ships will let you book it ahead or if you have to ask once on board. Will be checking in to this. 

I had the same issue with an Anthem booking back in 2018, so this might be some kind of quirk with Q-class ships. I was able to get the pass on embarkation day, just had to go to the spa and purchase it there.

FWIW, I found the suite to be decent as far as what it offered, but I also felt like after spending that money I was kind of forced to find time to use it at least a few times. But this was on a short 5-night Bermuda sailing with just 2 sea days; your sailing is probably a better fit for using the thermal suite.

I had the same issue with an Anthem booking back in 2018, so this might be some kind of quirk with Q-class ships. I was able to get the pass on embarkation day, just had to go to the spa and purchase it there.

FWIW, I found the suite to be decent as far as what it offered, but I also felt like after spending that money I was kind of forced to find time to use it at least a few times. But this was on a short 5-night Bermuda sailing with just 2 sea days; your sailing is probably a better fit for using the thermal suite.

Hey, JL! 

It's a 6 night sailing with only two sea days similar to yours, but I think we'll go ahead and see if we can grab a 1 day pass for one of those since we've never tried these before.

Thanks so much for the tip - good to know it might not be just Odyssey having it sold out!

It's a 6 night sailing with only two sea days similar to yours, but I think we'll go ahead and see if we can grab a 1 day pass for one of those since we've never tried these before.

I don't recall if we had the option for a 1-day pass, I think it was for the full sailing only.

And forgot to mention, the number of passes is very limited. So do make sure to go to the spa first thing once you've boarded. Hopefully you'll get an earlier boarding time and get first dibs on the spots.

Hopefully you'll get an earlier boarding time and get first dibs on the spots.

I appear to be stuck with 2 PM for the moment. I booked this about a week ago and that was the earliest option available - so I'm holding out hope that they open up more early spots in the next week or so.

We purchased the couples thermal pass on our Anthem star class cruise in December 2019.  We were not offered a complimentary pass….this may be another inconsistency between ship and genie or possibly it was because we expressed an interest in purchasing the thermal pass to our genie. Regardless it wasn’t an issue.   I did not book it through cruise planner but our genie assured us we would take care of this once we boarded.  We could access the thermal suite at a time of our choosing, did not have to go at the same time as hubby and were not limited to the 15 minute increments shown on cruise planner.  Not sure what impact Covid has had on this now. 

Maybe they are trying to phase out the SC complimentary TS pass....who knows.  The spa is one of the few remaining concessions on  Royal (the art auctions being the other one of note that I am familiar with) and originally SC got unlimited TS access.  That quickly changed to a single visit and my guess is that is b/c Royal does not "own" the spa services. Maybe they are trying to take that perk away.

Maybe they are trying to phase out the SC complimentary TS pass....who knows.  The spa is one of the few remaining concessions on  Royal (the art auctions being the other one of note that I am familiar with) and originally SC got unlimited TS access.  That quickly changed to a single visit and my guess is that is b/c Royal does not "own" the spa services. Maybe they are trying to take that perk away.

My gut is telling me it was genie specific as there were other perks we missed out on.  But who knows 🤷‍♀️. At the time we were new to the Royal brand and star class so the upside is we didn’t know any better!! Haha I now have a fantastic TA and the insights and experience of this community so we will be that much wiser next time! 

Photos from Odyssey: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/09/05/odyssey-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-1-embarkation

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge if the Thermal Suite (specifically on Symphony) has been open before the pause? And do you need to wear a mask there or is it considered more like a pool/wet area? Considering whether to purchase it for our upcoming February 2022 sailing.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

And I just attempted to book a Thermal Pass for an April 29/22 cruise out of Vancouver and being told "no offerings found".  So perhaps Covid restrictions are still in use for that Radiance cruise?  I really enjoy that quiet time in other cruise lines I've been on, but that was prePandemic of course.

• 5 months later...

We're heading out on Quantum of the Seas from Vancouver on October 3rd and haven't found any info for booking a Thermal Pass on the Cruise Planning app.  Anyone know if the thermal suites are open now?  We phoned RCC and the person we spoke to didn't know about these facilities.  Any insight is appreciated.