Vax for 12 +

icf75

Disclaimer, Just my opinion & in NO WAY making a political statement either way. Answering @icf75 question

My 2 cents, COVID is here & there is the bad & the ugly concerning it......but COVID is now a money generating catalyst.  Been to the hair salon anyone?  Services are down, down, down minimum everything, except the price. A hotel stay, clean your own room, empty your own garbage but the prices are still high if not higher. Flights? Every seat filled and expensive fares still climbing. Everywhere you look things COVID related are being sold like never before, there is money to be made and BIG PHARMA stands to continue to profit from this crazy sad situation. COVID testing is now a new industry, want it fast? My Doc in the Box down the street is available just pay $$$. Never have I witnessed so many vehicles in that lot. 

So no, with the monies being generated as an off shoot of this situation I do not believe the 12+ vaxxed to sail will be dropped anytime soon. The cruise lines need to be careful to not only mitigate this situation but limit their liability exposure, we all know sadly the lawsuits that will come and the amount of monies awarded will be directly tethered to the "risks" you were exposed to on the ship (even if this never occurred on the ship) Making $$$, saving $$$, unemotionally with sad commentary I believe at the end of the day $$$ will keep these protocols in place everywhere, I personally expect the vax mandate to be in place as a purely numbers decision for a very long time, and then the fall back statement is "for your health" 

Be well everyone!

1 hour ago, Marlena said:

If anything i see them adding younger kids to the vax mandate when the vaccine gets approved for younger ages....

I agree with this.

Unfortunately it seems like covid is here to stay....and we just have to find the best way to go on with it in our lives.  So I can't see Royal (or any travel) dropping it unless someday it goes away...which seems unlikely.  Hopefully at some point, masks will be gone, or minimized to when in small confined spaces....but I really think vaccinated rules for anyone who is approved is here to stay for a long time.

I have been telling people this since the whole thing started, it is here and will continue to be here in some capacity. We need to start planning our lives with the current mandate, restrictions and protocols involved. I read about people waiting to experience things when this dies down and I laugh to myself. Remember when people thought this would be over in 3 months, 6 month, etc. and then Delta came and now MU. If you really want your kids to sail soon, you are going to have to work with what is available. 

Until there are enough vaccinated people to get us to herd immunity, vaccine mandates will never go away.  One of the problems with people refusing vaccines is it allows mutations to keep recurring.  It's the "delta" variant now, but it will be another mutation in the near future.  In order for things to return to normal, people have to be willing to be vaccinated. Sadly in the U.S. it's become a political issue not a health one.  My daughter is an entertainer on SOTS and I am very pleased that everyone on the ship 12 & over has to be vaccinated.  I hope after the FDA approves the vaccine for 2-12 year olds, RCCL will extend the vaccine requirement.  I want to cruise often. Vaccination mandates are the only way to keep people alive and keep cruise worker's livelihoods.

10 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

I probably should stop paying on my cruises I have booked in case I need to cancel them.  I just can't justify a vaccination to board a ship. 

BC, I always paid for my cruises in semi-regular payments so that I had a reasonably small final payment. However, since the plague began I have stopped doing that entirely. I still have many bookings but little hope of taking any of them so the less money at risk, the better.  So far I have gotten all of the money back that I have paid for cancelled cruises but I know there is no guarantee that will be the case going forward.  Congratulations on sticking to your better judgment about [not] getting the jab !  It’s not an easy path.

51 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

BC, I always paid for my cruises in semi-regular payments so that I had a reasonably small final payment. However, since the plague began I have stopped doing that entirely. I still have many bookings but little hope of taking any of them so the less money at risk, the better.  So far I have gotten all of the money back that I have paid for cancelled cruises but I know there is no guarantee that will be the case going forward.  Congratulations on sticking to your better judgment about [not] getting the jab !  It’s not an easy path.

So far i havent lost out but i am start to get just a little ticked off about the cruise credit i am due from June Cancellation that i was planning to use to pay my October cruise .. or my November cruise ... it wont be paying my December one though, either the credit gets applied or it gets cancelled ... done putting fresh money in the pot.

53 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Same here!  We have two booked July and August 2022 and I am waiting until right before final payment just because of the risk of cancellation.

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

So far i havent lost out but i am start to get just a little ticked off about the cruise credit i am due from June Cancellation that i was planning to use to pay my October cruise .. or my November cruise ... it wont be paying my December one though, either the credit gets applied or it gets cancelled ... done putting fresh money in the pot.

If it keeps "snow balling" , may want to think about taking a refund.  Minimize the bow wave of the FCC as things remain so uncertain.  One of the attributes I like about cruises is how (if you want), you can plan things to the greatest detail ahead of time, then just show up and your vacation just happens.  That concept is totally trashed with the ever-changing rules and added difficulty or discomfort associated with travel to get there.

So here's my problem, I originally booked in 2019 for a cruise in 2020 which I changed to 2021 subsequently cancelled and received cruise credits.

I am now in the position where my children will not be getting vaccinated and will therefore render the credit's un useable.  Do I have any right to ask for my children's credits as a cash refund as I booked this way before any covid protocol's?

19 minutes ago, icf75 said:

So here's my problem, I originally booked in 2019 for a cruise in 2020 which I changed to 2021 subsequently cancelled and received cruise credits.

I am now in the position where my children will not be getting vaccinated and will therefore render the credit's un useable.  Do I have any right to ask for my children's credits as a cash refund as I booked this way before any covid protocol's?

You have the right to ask, if refused i would probably do a credit card dispute since the charge is for kids that are unable to sail due to subsequent changes

41 minutes ago, icf75 said:

Could ask for a cash refund.

Only issue I see is not having anything booked where credits are applied and a policy is in placed.

One vaccination loop hole might be for Florida sailings after November 1, 2021. If something is booked after this date and the vaccination policy is extended then I could see argument for a cash refund.

Just read the responses to your question.  I think the requirement will be extended to any age group with a vaccine in any way approved by the FDA.  Until it is treated as a health issue, not a political or economic one,  I doubt the requirements will be loosened because the problem will not go away.  At this point, that could be never, but who knows.