Chef's Table

Shari

Wow, @AshleyDillo, that is the exact same menu as when I sailed on Freedom in 2018. Guess I won't be going to Chef's Table again until they make a significant change in the menu. Or maybe... I dunno... actually let the chef decide the menu and how it's prepared, like the name of this dinner suggests.

That is the menu on my app but the menu on the cruise planner is different.  I was asking if anyone has actually seen a menu on board a ship not on their app.  I do not like the menu that is in the app.  I had that on my last cruise and actually skipped the lobster salad and got crab cakes instead of the raw scallops.  I hate raw proteins and will not eat them. I got the branzino and it was terrible (had branzino at Wonderland a couple nights before and it was wonderful).  The chef at that time was very lame and did not seem happy or excited with telling us about the food.   The sommelier was fantastic and made the experience wonderful.  The food was the worst we ever had at chef's table.

16 minutes ago, Shari said:

That is the menu on my app but the menu on the cruise planner is different.  I was asking if anyone has actually seen a menu on board a ship not on their app.  I do not like the menu that is in the app.  I had that on my last cruise and actually skipped the lobster salad and got crab cakes instead of the raw scallops.  I hate raw proteins and will not eat them. I got the branzino and it was terrible (had branzino at Wonderland a couple nights before and it was wonderful).  The chef at that time was very lame and did not seem happy or excited with telling us about the food.   The sommelier was fantastic and made the experience wonderful.  The food was the worst we ever had at chef's table.

This menu is a few years old. I remember that I had something else instead of the scallops.  I did like the tomato soup. I'm not into coffee so I didn't like the martini, next time if its available I'd like to order it with out the espresso.  Don't remember the rest of the meal. We went with 4 other couples so it was an enjoyable meal with friends.

43 minutes ago, Shari said:

I was asking if anyone has actually seen a menu on board a ship not on their app. 

We didn't do Chef's Table even though it was included for us.  We have a picky eater in our group so it wouldn't have been worth it.  We did have the dessert brought to us in Coastal Kitchen and it was the same dessert as the one on the menu in the app.  Can't attest if the rest of the menu was the same.