Royal Shareholder OBC

Rob&Ana

I just wanted to recommend anyone applying for the Shareholder OBC to do it via the PDF form and not the new electronic system. I just sent in 3 PDF's on a Saturday before noon and have already herd back on each request and the OBC has been applied and visible on my cruise planner.  I did a Google search for the PDF form and was able to download it.

I requested one last week via the electronic system and still nothing....

I downloaded one and use it as my master copy. I make copies as needed, fill them out, and email them in to shareholder services. Usually get a confirmation response within a short time letting me know it was received. Then I get the email that the request was approved usually the next day or two.

My most recent were two forms submitted for a back to back next week. I emailed both in on Sept 6. Twenty minutes later I got the automated message acknowledging receipt. On Sept 9 I received the email approving both requests.

I'll give this a try if my electronic form gets rejected again. It was ejected the first time because there was something wrong with the document I sent as proof of ownership. The rejection lists 3 or 4 things that might have been wrong, but doesn't tell you exactly what. This took about a week for the response. 

6 hours ago, BrianB said:

I send a copy of my brokerage account. Only the single page that has the Royal Caribbean shares listed. I black out my account number. It has my name and the date is the most recent monthly statement issued. It has to be reasonably close to the sail date. Never had it rejected.

Is there a requirement for how long you need to own your shares, or is it just in proximity? I am ALMOST at enough shares to qualify for this and our next cruise is in November.

4 hours ago, bryresangel said:

Is there a requirement for how long you need to own your shares, or is it just in proximity? I am ALMOST at enough shares to qualify for this and our next cruise is in November.

You just need to be able to send a financial stockholder record showing 100 shares.  Redact other info. (Except your name and the RCCL stock info and statement date) It needs to be “current”,  and I believe within 30 days of sailing (so I can’t send my statement now for my February sailing) so once you hit 100 shares go for it.  I think it’s supposed to be submitted a few weeks before sailing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, BrianB said:

I send a copy of my brokerage account. Only the single page that has the Royal Caribbean shares listed. I black out my account number. It has my name and the date is the most recent monthly statement issued. It has to be reasonably close to the sail date. Never had it rejected.

Thanks for this info.  I was a bit concerned about sending my account statement !!!

On 9/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, Rob&Ana said:

I just wanted to recommend anyone applying for the Shareholder OBC to do it via the PDF form and not the new electronic system. I just sent in 3 PDF's on a Saturday before noon and have already herd back on each request and the OBC has been applied and visible on my cruise planner.  I did a Google search for the PDF form and was able to download it.

I requested one last week via the electronic system and still nothing....

So, is your recommendation when sending in the "Shareholder Onboard Credit Request Form" PDF to submit one for each cruise?  Since the form says "Reservation number/s:" I wondered if one form would work for 4 different (not B2B or SbS) cruises...

9 hours ago, YOLO said:

So, is your recommendation when sending in the "Shareholder Onboard Credit Request Form" PDF to submit one for each cruise?  Since the form says "Reservation number/s:" I wondered if one form would work for 4 different (not B2B or SbS) cruises...

I only do 2 bookings at once now. In the past I did one with 3 but they only did 2 of them so had to resubmit the forgotten/missed booking.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently had a similar experience as others in this thread. I submitted the online form for 3 cruises separately (Dec/Jan/Feb) and after 2 weeks no response. I took the advice of this thread and emailed the pdf forms (one email with 3 pdfs attached) and the credit showed up within 2 days. In the text of the email I noted the key details about each cruise.

Send the pdf as an email attachment 🙂

Update…I emailed three separate request forms, one for each of my cruises in November, along with one copy of my current brokerage statement…all in one email. The first cruise had the benefit applied quickly. Then I received an email from Shareholder Benefits that my other requests could not be applied because they did not have a copy of the brokerage statement attached.
**by the way…they specified the statement date must be within the past 90 days**
So I had to re-send the other two requests separately along with their own copy of my statement. They were then quickly approved.

I received an email denying my future Shareholder Requests because…

‘…there is another discount or onboard credit offer already applied Balcony NRD. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offer…have that offer removed.’

That’s the first time I have had the request denied, though virtually all of my past cruises had multiple discounts applied.

After reviewing the terms and conditions of the Shareholder Benefit Offer, it appears I will not be able to use it anymore as long as I apply the 150% solo cruiser discount that comes with my C&A point total. Oh, well…the solo discount is much higher than the shareholder discount. Another fine print casualty…🧐

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 8:40 AM, BrianB said:

Oh, well…the 150% solo discount is much better than the Shareholder credit.

???  Are you saying a solo can stay in a 2 person room for 75% of the cost of a two people in that room?  Not sure I understand 150% discount.  Wouldn't that not only be free for you, but they would owe you 50% on top?

On 10/31/2021 at 6:50 PM, YOLO said:

Yesterday I emailed in 4 "Shareholder Onboard Credit Request Forms".  I guess I will see what happens.  The first is in two weeks and the last is next October.

Well, to follow up, I have not received any credit or even a reply.  I emailed my docs to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com - I wonder if I made an address mistake.  Anyone still having success with emailing PDF SHOBC request forms?

10 minutes ago, YOLO said:

Well, to follow up, I have not received any credit or even a reply.  I emailed my docs to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com - I wonder if I made an address mistake.  Anyone still having success with emailing PDF SHOBC request forms?

That's the address I always used and never had an issue.  I guess giving them a call is your only remaining option.

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

???  Are you saying a solo can stay in a 2 person room for 75% of the cost of a two people in that room?  Not sure I understand 150% discount.  Wouldn't that not only be free for you, but they would owe you 50% on top?

I think they mean 75% and it works like this.

Let's say that the fare for a balcony is $1000 per person.  Ignoring port charges and tips, without the benefit, you would have to pay $2000 to stay in that cabin with either 1 or 2 people.  With this benefit it would be $1500 for 1 person and $2000 for 2 people,

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

Sorry, I should have been clearer…not 150% off (which would be great!)…but a 50% reduction on the double occupancy price. 
“Single supplement reduced to 150% from 200%”…cabins are sold double occupancy so solos have to pay for two. Exception is for the solo cabins where there is only one person…but the demand for them is usually pretty high, so the price goes up. Plus, taxes and port fees are for only one person. It’s pretty sweet to have that reduction combined with the sales such as 60% off second guest…or 30% off each.

• 4 weeks later...

The annoying online form still seems to yield no results whatsoever. I completed it for a Jan. and March cruise on Dec. 17th. When still no response I completed the online form again on Jan. 1st (cutting it close for my Jan. 6th sailing). Then I emailed but not using the pdf because I didn't know where to get it (thanks to OP I have it now).

Anyway, finally my travel agent called them yesterday and they applied it "as a goodwill gesture" even though I was supposed to apply for it 30 days before the cruise, according to the RCL person on the phone. Honestly, the whole process was a royal pain, and I still don't have any acknowledgment of my online applications and the credit for the upcoming March cruise. My next step will be using the PDF form and emailing it.

Thanks for all the useful tips here. I am a new member of this blog community.