SC suite requests.

starbrat

OK so we are actually thinking of changing our current room reservation. Our current booking is in the new ultimate panoramic suite. Everything looks wonderful except that there is no flipping table in the room to eat an actual dinner with a family or (gasp) to host a party. Do you think if we asked the geni to bring a functional table into the room that they would? There is no way we can’t sit as a family at that narrow “table” it legit looks 2 feet wide. it’s like a narrow counter they are trying to call a table. looking at booking the star loft suite instead.

Cons:   it’s 1730 and overlooks the put put and doesn’t seem to really have a water view. No tub. I love bubble baths. Mught be too noisy… anyone have trouble with the noise? 

Pros It’s royal deck 17. More mid ship then the UPS. close to everything. HAS A TABLE. Has a balcony. 

Oh boy decision time. if we decide to change our room will they let us? final payment is not due till jan. 

2 hours ago, starbrat said:

Do you think if we asked the geni to bring a functional table into the room that they would?

Not sure about this one.  I imagine if they had one "lying around" they might if there is space...

2 hours ago, starbrat said:

Cons:   it’s 1730 and overlooks the put put and doesn’t seem to really have a water view. No tub. I love bubble baths. Mught be too noisy… anyone have trouble with the noise? 

I am going to assume you mean 1720.  The star lofts are amazing!  Although I prefer the one next door (1718), I would still take 1720 in a heartbeat compared to the UPS.  Yes, it faces the mini golf and not as much privacy as the one next door, but the balcony and room are huge!  And yes, there is no tub, but have you seen the videos of the walk in shower in the loft?  It looks amazing!

I would take the loft, if available, over the UPS.

Are you talking about the Ultimate Panoramic Suite on Oasis? If so, we were in 14128 for two weeks in Jan ‘20, shortly after the room came into service. Our observations relative to your concerns…you are correct- there is no good place for a family (or even two of us) to eat a proper meal. The best view is in the bedroom, and there weren’t any tables in there either. We had two very small tables brought in so we could at least have small breakfast plates and coffee put down. There really isn’t enough floor space in the living room for a large or medium table. As to the tub- you’re in luck there, the bathroom is enormous and the tub is glorious. We didn’t like the lack of a balcony, and privacy was a huge issue for us. We were fortunate to be able to give a lot of input to the hotel director about that cabin as he was supposed to be in charge of the ALLURE’s amplification, and the intent was to modify the room to make better use of the space and location. But obviously that Amplification didn’t happen. While we loved the room and loved the STAR experience, for our upcoming B2B on Oasis, we are not submitting a RoyalUp bid on that room as we’d rather try for something else. 

Be happy to answer any specific question you might have to help decide. 

Originally I was very keen on the UPS for the forward views and booked it when it first released.  As it turned out they later chartered the ship and cancelled the cruise. 

For my next Oasis SC booking I had a choice between the GPS and UPS.  In the interim between bookings I had lost some zest for the UPS for the reasons in this thread.  I jumped into the GPS and the UPS remains available months later.  

I like the idea and location of the UPS for the views but I don't think they did a very good job with the space, like someone who had never cruised before designed it.  

Personally I think they should drop the UPS to Sky Class and reduce the price below loft suites.  

While I have never been inside the UPS, I believe that I would definitely try and switch to the SLS.  I'm sure you realize that this will reprice your booking completely.  I probably would let the pricing make the decision for me.  If it's significantly more to upgrade to the SLS I would just keep the UPS and deal with its limitations.

My biggest objections to the UPS are the relatively small living space, lack of any view from the living room and the location.  It is hell and gone from Deck 17 and way out of the way from most everything I would want to do but it's also the most affordable of the Star Class suites.

If RoyalUp to the SLS is an option for a reasonable bid, I would say go for it !

Agree with Twangster…our list to the hotel director for changes was long….it has great potential but doesn’t live up to it. Could be fantastic with modest changes, mostly swapping the living room and bedroom spaces. Doesn’t change the lack of balcony though. We got it on a Royal Up, both weeks on our b2b because it was available. It was worth it on a Royal Up for the Star class upgrade alone. I wouldn’t pay full price. 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am going to assume you mean 1720.  The star lofts are amazing!  Although I prefer the one next door (1718), I would still take 1720 in a heartbeat compared to the UPS.  Yes, it faces the mini golf and not as much privacy as the one next door, but the balcony and room are huge!  And yes, there is no tub, but have you seen the videos of the walk in shower in the loft?  It looks amazing!

I would take the loft, if available, over the UPS.

Yay!!! Room switched team floor 17 baby! 1720 was the only one available. I took it! The first lady i spoke with couldn’t hold it and made me close my web pages. I logged back in and could not find it. She told me it was gone and I had a mini stroke. Called and spoke to someone different and she was able to locate it and help me out. I am sooo happy. Thank you everyone for your input. I absolutely love this blog!!

43 minutes ago, starbrat said:

Yay!!! Room switched team floor 17 baby! 1720 was the only one available. I took it! The first lady i spoke with couldn’t hold it and made me close my web pages. I logged back in and could not find it. She told me it was gone and I had a mini stroke. Called and spoke to someone different and she was able to locate it and help me out. I am sooo happy. Thank you everyone for your input. I absolutely love this blog!!

YIPPEE !!!   I think you will be much happier with this suite.  I have had a heart attack like that before.  When you click on a specific room/suite it takes it out of inventory so that nobody else can book it while you are looking at it....but then when you close out of it, it will remain out of inventory for a little while and only a very good agent will go the extra few steps that it takes to go and retrieve it from room purgatory.  So glad you got it switched.  I really think you made the right decision. The balcony on 1720 is HUGE !