Royal Up offers

Kent

12 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Congrats on your RoyalUp!  It' snice when they grant them so far ahead of time. That's pretty rare, it seems.

Thanks. There wasn't much left available for our sail date. So when we bid we went max bid for the JS. I think that had a lot to do with the early win. We went mid range on the higher classes but there was no inventory on them. 

17 hours ago, BigMac3001 said:

We are 22 days out and no roayl up option yet (Symphony June 4). Safe to assume there won't be the option since it's pretty close to the witching hour? 

Dont just assume, it doesnt hurt to try. go to the link i placed below & put your last name & reservation #. If you're still able to do it, you'll see the options there. Hope this helps

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Hi all

Checked my bids on Thursday evening and all have expired except one which pending and locked it (can't be modified or cancelled). Fast forward 4 days and nothing...no charge on credit card, email etc. Thoughts? I'm obsessively checking....!

TIA 

11 hours ago, JoanneC said:

Hi all

Checked my bids on Thursday evening and all have expired except one which pending and locked it (can't be modified or cancelled). Fast forward 4 days and nothing...no charge on credit card, email etc. Thoughts? I'm obsessively checking....!

TIA 

I had a bid like that and it kept pending for almost 3wks. I found out about 3 days before sailing.

7 hours ago, JoanneC said:

@Ampurp85 ....did you end up winning?! 

@USCG Teacher

Good question, it all the many, many comments I've read it has never come up! I've assume it'll be FCC but really not sure!

The wait continues for me!

Yes, but like I mentioned, I found out about 3 days beforehand. It was during the reduced capacity sailing time, so I won on the min bid. 

11 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

So, odd hypothetical: what happens if you win a RU, but then have to miss the cruise with a positive test?  What happens to the RU money?  Is it rolled into the FCC, refunded separately, or is it just...gone? 🤔

I recall reading that you get refunded. This thread is long, but I read about someone who tested positive after getting a RU and got a cash refund. 

Hi! I'm new to this site.  This is my third time cruising, and first time for Royal Up chance.  We bid weak in most categories except JS I think for a cruise in 27 days.  I misplaced my email to log in and check, so I found it through a different link. I was so excited when it said Owner's suite was pending!  But then I saw the list of the other categories pending as well, just in smaller print.  Ha!  Excitement for a minute there.  Anyway, it is neat to read everyone's stories.  I don't think I've bid enough to get an upgrade, but it is fun trying and watching to see if it changes.

I got an email for bidding for 1 of our rooms that my husband and I are in. The other room the kids are in. We are a family of 6 (4 young kids) we got 2 rooms that are connecting rooms. If we bid on a grand suite 2 bedroom which fits 8 people, can we all stay in that room? We are not looking to cancel the other room that we wouldn’t use. We are new to cruising. I hope this makes sense. 

I’m really hoping someone can help me since we are new to cruising.  I have received an email about royal up. We are a family of 6 (with 4 young children). We currently have a connecting room with my husband and I in one room and our 4 kids in the other. We got the email for my husband and I room. If we put a bid on a grand suite 2 bedroom that fits 8 people can we all stay in that room? I also, don’t know if I would have to cancel the kids room or just kept it so I don’t get extra charges??

Also, with the Grand Suite 2 bedroom do they give you drinks? I wasn’t sure if it was complimentary during certain hours. 

Thanks for all the help 🙂

9 hours ago, Jconnor4411 said:

I got an email for bidding for 1 of our rooms that my husband and I are in. The other room the kids are in. We are a family of 6 (4 young kids) we got 2 rooms that are connecting rooms. If we bid on a grand suite 2 bedroom which fits 8 people, can we all stay in that room? We are not looking to cancel the other room that we wouldn’t use. We are new to cruising. I hope this makes sense. 

Welcome to the forum !!

Yes, if you decide that you want to put all of the fam into the 2 BR GS, you can do that....but as you mentioned, you will not be refunded for the other cabin you have booked and those who are in that "second" cabin will not be eligible for suite amenities (e.g., dining at the Coastal Kitchen, if your ship has a suites restaurant).  As long as you do this as a means of consolidating everyone into one space and do not intend to use the suite amenities, it would work.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome to the forum !!

Yes, if you decide that you want to put all of the fam into the 2 BR GS, you can do that....but as you mentioned, you will not be refunded for the other cabin you have booked and those who are in that "second" cabin will not be eligible for suite amenities (e.g., dining at the Coastal Kitchen, if your ship has a suites restaurant).  As long as you do this as a means of consolidating everyone into one space and do not intend to use the suite amenities, it would work.

Thank you so much! Can I ask what are the suite amenities that would be included? 🥴

1 hour ago, Jconnor4411 said:

Explorer of the Seas

Pretty much, the following are suite amenities for non-Oasis/Quantum class ships.  This appears to be a bit dated as there are almost no Concierge Clubs left.  Most all of them have been converted to Suites Lounges....but those booked in a full suite will be eligible for both Concierge and/or Suites lounge, so that's rather OBE.  Just remember that only those who are booked in a full suite are eligible. Those from the second room, who are just sleeping in the 2BR GS would not be able to participate.

The 5th bullet has evolved a bit.  Full suites will have an exclusive full service breakfast option in one of the specialty restaurants (usually Chops but it could be elsewhere) and the lunch seating is pretty much gone as they are generally operating the specialty restaurants for lunch on sea days.  The rest is pretty accurate.

image.png.00e57985e853d2a22ccd7653d81fe533.png

12 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Pretty much, the following are suite amenities for non-Oasis/Quantum class ships.  This appears to be a bit dated as there are almost no Concierge Clubs left.  Most all of them have been converted to Suites Lounges....but those booked in a full suite will be eligible for both Concierge and/or Suites lounge, so that's rather OBE.  Just remember that only those who are booked in a full suite are eligible. Those from the second room, who are just sleeping in the 2BR GS would not be able to participate.

The 5th bullet has evolved a bit.  Full suites will have an exclusive full service breakfast option in one of the specialty restaurants (usually Chops but it could be elsewhere) and the lunch seating is pretty much gone as they are generally operating the specialty restaurants for lunch on sea days.  The rest is pretty accurate.

image.png.00e57985e853d2a22ccd7653d81fe533.png

Thank you for all the info! 

23 minutes ago, octaviocloss said:

The answer is yes, you can stay in the same room without issues; but keep in mind only your husband and you will get the Suite Perks (i.e coastal kitchen; suite lounge...etc) 

@octaviocloss I don't know if you read the OP's message correctly.  If the bid for the royal up is for only one of the connecting balcony rooms, only that one room and it's occupants will be upgraded.  Meaning only the OP and her husband would be allocated to that upgraded room and no other guests can be added to it.  They wouldn't allow the kids room to be so far away from the other, so even if you won the Royal Up, you would have to rearrange rooms anyway.

Royal Up is not set up to handle these situations where multiple rooms would combine into one room.  In order to move everyone to that 2BR GS, you would have to book it at it's current rate and cancel the other reservations.

From the FAQ

Q. If I have two reservations can I bid only once through RoyalUp℠and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?

A. No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. RCI cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees.

24 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

@octaviocloss I don't know if you read the OP's message correctly.  If the bid for the royal up is for only one of the connecting balcony rooms, only that one room and it's occupants will be upgraded.  Meaning only the OP and her husband would be allocated to that upgraded room and no other guests can be added to it.  They wouldn't allow the kids room to be so far away from the other, so even if you won the Royal Up, you would have to rearrange rooms anyway.

Royal Up is not set up to handle these situations where multiple rooms would combine into one room.  In order to move everyone to that 2BR GS, you would have to book it at it's current rate and cancel the other reservations.

From the FAQ

Q. If I have two reservations can I bid only once through RoyalUp℠and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?

A. No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. RCI cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees.

I'm quoting @AspiringCruisePlanner in agreement.  We asked about this when we took our cruise with our 2 16yo boys, they were in the connecting room and we couldn't combine that into 1 suite for all 4 of us if we RoyalUp'd. 

Royal Up is a royal rip off. Royal Up is apparently a separate division from Royal Caribbean. I was offered an upgrade, and was shown a picture of the cabin. After my bid was accepted, I went online and found out the upgrade was only four aquare feet larger, and nothing like the picture. I asked to be put back in my original cabin, which they did. But to get a refund, Royal said I’d need to contact Royal Up. Royal Up cannot be contacted by phone; only email. After trying to email them, and not getting any response, the time came for my cruise. I went on the cruise, expecting in fairness, Royal would refund my money or provide me with a future cruise credit. Nope. So I followed up with a complaint. Nope. So I wrote Customer Service. Nope. So I wrote to the appropriate VP and SVP executives in Miami. No response. What a poor way to treat a customer who has taken 25 Royal and Celebrity cruises! 

3 hours ago, Jconnor4411 said:

I’m really hoping someone can help me since we are new to cruising.  I have received an email about royal up. We are a family of 6 (with 4 young children). We currently have a connecting room with my husband and I in one room and our 4 kids in the other. We got the email for my husband and I room. If we put a bid on a grand suite 2 bedroom that fits 8 people can we all stay in that room? I also, don’t know if I would have to cancel the kids room or just kept it so I don’t get extra charges??

Also, with the Grand Suite 2 bedroom do they give you drinks? I wasn’t sure if it was complimentary during certain hours. 

Thanks for all the help 🙂

Id be very careful with the Royal Up program. Its non refundable and many have been disappointed in what they got. Vs what they thought they were getting!

On 9/10/2021 at 2:18 PM, Kent said:

Sailing Allure late Oct and we have a room we can live with, but that does not mean we're not interested in entertaining the offer for an upgrade.  I have received 3 emails from Royal up in the past week, but its the same offer.  Do they change at all or get any more reasonable as the sail date nears?  The minimum bids are too high for us to be interested currently.

Be very careful with the Royal Up program. Its non refundable and what they give you isnt always what you think youre going to get. 

3 hours ago, Aycoman said:

Be very careful with the Royal Up program. Its non refundable and what they give you isnt always what you think youre going to get. 

Can you be more specific?
You are bidding on a room category and you get a cabin within that category. 
The only time I would say "buyer beware" is the Large Ocean View Balcony, because on some ships it means a larger cabin, but on others it might mean same size cabin but a slightly larger balcony.   It would be in the bidders best interest to check on the specific ship cabin description for the category they are bidding on. This can be done by doing a mock booking for that ship and reading all the descriptions for each cabin category.  Within ocean view there are many types of ocean view, within balocny there are many types of balcony.  If a bidder is not happy with the choices they are bidding on they should keep what they have or consider paying the fare difference to move to the category they want.

For me, I did the Royal UP once.  I did not think to look at where that category was located and it turns out all the cabins int the category I bid for were the below the pool deck.  So  yes, I got the cabin category I wanted, but had I booked on my own I never would have chose a cabin below the pool deck. Had I looked before I bid I never would have bid to get that cabin.   I enjoyed the cabin, not the noise.  I typically am very thorough in regards to location when making my cabin selection.  I'll be sticking to the cabin's I choose and use the funds I may have used on a Royal Up towards other things.

When you make your bid it clearly states that the pictures are only informative and not representative of what you might get. Also states that once you win your bid it's non refundable.

What category you had, on what ship, and what category you won?

7 hours ago, Aycoman said:

If I bid on 3 separate categories (Grand Suite, Jr Suite and Owners) and don’t get accepted on any of them, am I able to go place a bid on a spacious balcony or other room category or is the opportunity to bid only opened one time for any room/category? 

8 hours ago, Drew1485 said:

If I bid on 3 separate categories (Grand Suite, Jr Suite and Owners) and don’t get accepted on any of them, am I able to go place a bid on a spacious balcony or other room category or is the opportunity to bid only opened one time for any room/category? 

Odds are by the time you find out whether you won or loss, you won't have time to bid again. It is important to bid on any and all rooms you want, as the option may not arise again. 

12 hours ago, Drew1485 said:

you can try using the Royal UP link to see if they are still accepting bids

On 5/18/2022 at 9:55 PM, Rixwif said:

Has anyone that has booked a GTY (guarantee) cabin been offered the Royal Up opportunity? 

We booked GTY for June, and I was offered the Royal Up. I don’t expect to win as I bid on a grand suite and from what I can tell, there is only one left. We’ll be happy with our balcony room even if we don’t win. But the waiting is killing me. 🤣

I would think Royal Up will become extremely competitive.  Our cruise 3 weeks ago sailed close to 90%. We bid from a JS for a CLS and GS1 BDRM.... Our bid was considered medium.  

Found out at 8 pm on the day we sailed via text we didn't win. 

They had said on our sailing that RCCL  expected for SoS  the 5/28 sailing would be at 100%.

For the RoyalUp cabin Upgrades that are offerred by bidding, anybody ever have any luck getting an upgrade with a "weak" offer?

I'm cruising Greece and Croatia from Venice in August and it's allowing minimum bids of about $125pp from our Balcony room to a Junior suite. I'd offer about that much for the upgrade but not much more.

33 minutes ago, Johnny Johns said:

For the RoyalUp cabin Upgrades that are offerred by bidding, anybody ever have any luck getting an upgrade with a "weak" offer?

I'm cruising Greece and Croatia from Venice in August and it's allowing minimum bids of about $125pp from our Balcony room to a Junior suite. I'd offer about that much for the upgrade but not much more.

I'm running a 60% success rate when I bid, and I always bid the minimum. But it depends a lot on what kind of cabin you have to start -- if they can "sell" your cabin to someone else, they're more interested in your lowball bid. In your case, I would assume they would have bidders from interior or view cabins that might want your balcony, so I would give it a shot.

5 hours ago, Johnny Johns said:

4 hours ago, KristiZ said:

I'm running a 60% success rate when I bid, and I always bid the minimum. But it depends a lot on what kind of cabin you have to start -- if they can "sell" your cabin to someone else, they're more interested in your lowball bid. In your case, I would assume they would have bidders from interior or view cabins that might want your balcony, so I would give it a shot.

What Kristi said is what I've experienced as well - Booked interiors, bid minimum or within $50 of minimum and have had my bids accepted. When I have booked Balcony's and I try for suites, it doesn't happen.