Royal Up offers

Kent

9 minutes ago, michaelp1446 said:

On my 3/26 Odyssey sailing all four bids were pending 3 hours after we sailed. 

Received the not accepted email 4 hours after sailing...lol

At that point, we wouldn't have seen the email until after debarkation. Once the ship leaves port, we are cut off from the outside world until the cruise is over.

Guess the only way we'll know about a late acceptance is by not being able to use our SeaPass to access the stateroom after dinner.

6 hours ago, Stef said:

So I am going on Symphony in2 weeks and we decided last night to put a bid in on an ocean view room, because the cruise still had rooms available when we looked online. Hoping just maybe we get an ocean view if not we still have a Central Park balcony 🙂

The one on 4/16? We are on that sailing and know of a few people who won their Royalup bids over the last 2 days, so you may just get lucky!

On 3/22/2022 at 4:39 PM, TheTroJo said:

Wanted to get opinions of those that have put in offers\had them accepted. 7 night sailing on the Harmony currently booked in a Central Park Balcony. There are 18 Crown Loft Suites still available to book on this sailing leaving in 26 days. Minimum Bid is $800pp and Max is $3,300pp. I was thinking of putting in a bid of $1,500pp ($3k total) but it is still in the “weak” range. Does this seem too high of a bid for so many rooms to be available?

14490D34-739F-4CBC-B9CB-60F87FA672C8.jpeg

Where did you see 18 Crown Loft Suites still available?

And pretty much all the suites on my 4/17 sailing disappeared within a couple days. Do you think this is Royal Up being awarded? Do you think they take them out of inventory and allocate to future Royal Up awards? Or do you think this is D+\Pinnacle upgrades?

AAD87A05-6137-4889-A70D-3DE1E374C578.jpeg

I was kind of hoping that we'd have better luck with Royal Up going from an Ocean View cabin to a balcony of some type, but starting to lose hope that could be the case. Either way, very happy with our cabin location on deck 8 nearby Central Park. 

That said - considering printing my luggage tags just so that my cabin might change shortly after 😅

On 4/7/2022 at 6:49 AM, NaturalNine said:

7 Nights 4/23 Symphony

Royal Up from Balcony Ocean to Sky Loft, $800 USD PP x 2 

Approved 18 Days prior to sailing 

Congrats.  I am on the week after you ...no news for us, but I have hope bc 3 weeks out and there are multiple GS, OS and CLS still available.  Believe it or not they still have an Aqua available, the only 1 I did place a bid on, but might do so now.  We have a JS on the hump, so I won't cry if we don't get it, but I placed the same amount for the CLS so I am hoping we might get it.

What I found interesting is that I do a fake booking about 2x a week.  For months the JS were sold out...couldn't pick or do a guaranteed, now this week JS guaranteed is available to purchase.   

Never have done royal up before I wonder if this is a sign that they are going to start handing out royal up bids. 

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

Congrats.  I am on the week after you ...no news for us, but I have hope bc 3 weeks out and there are multiple GS, OS and CLS still available.  Believe it or not they still have an Aqua available, the only 1 I did place a bid on, but might do so now.  We have a JS on the hump, so I won't cry if we don't get it, but I placed the same amount for the CLS so I am hoping we might get it.

What I found interesting is that I do a fake booking about 2x a week.  For months the JS were sold out...couldn't pick or do a guaranteed, now this week JS guaranteed is available to purchase.   

Never have done royal up before I wonder if this is a sign that they are going to start handing out royal up bids. 

Also on your sailing - wondering the same. Lots of different categories still available. 

2 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

I’d be very confident if I were you - on our sailing group majority of those who bidded were successful - particularly those coming from higher tier cabins bidding into premium cabins 

I didn’t even realise but our kids cabin was upgraded too - from an oceanview window to balcony boardwalk - $40 per person 🤣

As a first time cruiser this topic has been interesting to follow. I received my Royal Up offer a few days ago. We’re in an Ocean Balcony stateroom. Of course I went back in to see what RC says is currently available to purchase. Seems like they’ve had a hard time selling their spacious Ocean balconies - and I can see why for just 5’ more interior and a smaller balcony, I’ll stay there I am. But the funny thing is there is hardly any thing else. Maybe one or two Grand Suites and nothing larger than that. My Royal Up offer had Junior suites, the 2 bedroom grand suite and both the larger ones as well. Why such a disconnect between what was on the offer and what is available on their site for sale???

I did immediately put in an offer for a Jr suite - I don’t want us to have too much luxury the first time out! Ha! We’re on the June 5th Mariner of the Seas. 

9 hours ago, Leroyr55 said:

I’m getting Royal up offers for our May 7th SOS cruise. We are already in a junior suite. The cheapest upgrade I see is a one bedroom grand suite for $800.00 for two. I’m debating if it’s really worth the cost. Also do minimum bids ever go down?

We are the week before you and Did a bid of 950 for 2 ...we too are a JS.  We did it because we bought the UDP and will drop that and eat in the CK.  Plus we did the Key, which we will drop. Thus, financially it is a trade off for not much more money.  

Have you also checked how many GSs are left?  For our cruise there are several GSs still available less than 3 weeks out.

On 4/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Pima1988 said:

What I find interesting is how many CLS are available.  I think it was 6 as of yesterday.

It honestly looks like a lot of everything is available. I'm wondering if since we're just outside of the spring break window we'll have a bit lower capacity as well. 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, TheTroJo said:

Just a spreadsheet I created keeping track of available rooms. 

Would you mind letting me know how you find out how many of each room is still available?  Do you try to mock book and count how many on each deck shows up for a possible booking?  I mean, I do try to see what is available but it depends on how many people I am trying to book in a room and where on the ship I want to stay.  Seems a very tedious process so perhaps you have an easier solution?  Thank you.

6 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Would you mind letting me know how you find out how many of each room is still available?  Do you try to mock book and count how many on each deck shows up for a possible booking?  I mean, I do try to see what is available but it depends on how many people I am trying to book in a room and where on the ship I want to stay.  Seems a very tedious process so perhaps you have an easier solution?  Thank you.

That’s it - gotta be in it to win it 😉

On 4/7/2022 at 6:49 AM, NaturalNine said:

7 Nights 4/23 Symphony

Royal Up from Balcony Ocean to Sky Loft, $800 USD PP x 2 

Approved 18 Days prior to sailing 

Just curious, what was the minimum bid?

My minimum was $800 pp and we bid $1200 pp.  I haven't heard anything yet.

4 hours ago, KLA said:

It honestly looks like a lot of everything is available. I'm wondering if since we're just outside of the spring break window we'll have a bit lower capacity as well. 

I sad to my hubby that our week is probably the best.  Past spring break.  During Prom season, at least in my area.  HS ACT/SATs.  College kids end of school yr and their  college graduations.  Thus, for many people, especially with kids of any age this week would not be ideal.  

The amount of interior left are insane.  OV and promenade or central park view are abundant too.  

4 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Yes, it is a mock booking.  Your ship, the number of member's.

The thing you need to understand with ROYAL UP you DO NOT get to choose the cabin, such as, deck level, aft, mid, port ,etc..  You only get to choose the cabin type. IE Balcony, JS, GS ,CLS, etc.  Its akin to doing a guaranteed booking.  

If you are unwilling to pay the up bid and be placed on a deck you don't want than don,t bid IMPO.  

1 hour ago, Pima1988 said:

I sad to my hubby that our week is probably the best.  Past spring break.  During Prom season, at least in my area.  HS ACT/SATs.  College kids end of school yr and their  college graduations.  Thus, for many people, especially with kids of any age this week would not be ideal.  

The amount of interior left are insane.  OV and promenade or central park view are abundant too.  

Definitely agreed - the placement seems to be in a good spot! We picked it because of my birthday but we also usually cruise in October for similar reasons (kids in school, ships are a bit calmer) so this seems to work out well. 

Not sure if the right place for this question but I don't want to start another thread if I don't need to. I'm going solo on a 3 day cruise @ the end of May. Part of the reason for doing it is to get the extra 3 C&A points. I'm just in an inside cabin. If I royal up to one of the Oceanview cabins will I still get the extra 3 points? I would assume so but ya know what assuming gets ya. 🙂

19 minutes ago, DarinM said:

Not sure if the right place for this question but I don't want to start another thread if I don't need to. I'm going solo on a 3 day cruise @ the end of May. Part of the reason for doing it is to get the extra 3 C&A points. I'm just in an inside cabin. If I royal up to one of the Oceanview cabins will I still get the extra 3 points? I would assume so but ya know what assuming gets ya. 🙂

if you royal up, no matter the category, you only receive the points that you'd receive from the original reservation.

yes you'd get the same 3 points.if you were to go up to suite, you'd still only get 3 points