Royal Up offers

Kent

Royal up just cancelled all my bids?? The other day, I caught a sale and upgraded myself from a balcony to a junior suite and today I get and email saying all my bids have been cancelled because my reservation has changed. It did give the option to rebid. I am so confused?? I am on The Anthem of The Seas TA May 2nd 2022. Has anyone else had this happen to you? 

25 minutes ago, nmdaisy said:

Royal up just cancelled all my bids?? The other day, I caught a sale and upgraded myself from a balcony to a junior suite and today I get and email saying all my bids have been cancelled because my reservation has changed. It did give the option to rebid. I am so confused?? I am on The Anthem of The Seas TA May 2nd 2022. Has anyone else had this happen to you? 

Yes this happens when you change stateroom categories. When you go back in to Royal Up you may have new suites available to bid on.

33 minutes ago, TheTroJo said:

Yes this happens when you change stateroom categories. When you go back in to Royal Up you may have new suites available to bid on.

All the same suites are available but I think the minimum bid is lower. I am guessing since I have paid more to my cruise, the bid is not lower. That's just my guess. I am new to the Royal Up game so I am learning alot from this Blog. Everyone is so helpful. Now I just really hope I get a bid approved:). My cruise is 11 days but my whole trip is 17 days so I want to get the most out of it for the few coins I have saved up. 

6 minutes ago, nmdaisy said:

All the same suites are available but I think the minimum bid is lower. I am guessing since I have paid more to my cruise, the bid is not lower. That's just my guess. I am new to the Royal Up game so I am learning alot from this Blog. Everyone is so helpful. Now I just really hope I get a bid approved:). My cruise is 11 days but my whole trip is 17 days so I want to get the most out of it for the few coins I have saved up. 

Good luck! Keep us posted.

As of yesterday I have two pending offers to move Ceil and I from a Large Balcony JS to a Grand Suite - one with Large Balcony and one regular.  I hope the Large Balcony goes through.  Both are 1 Bedrooms.  It is for the Anthem next Sunday, so today I am only 6 days out.  I will let you all know...

I just wanted to check our royal up offer for our upcoming cruise, but when I login I get a message Not eligible for upgrade.

We do have an outstanding pending offer for a Balcony room, but I can't modify or cancel it ? 

Anyone has a similar experience with it ? I only bid like 50 dollar per person (upgrade from central park balcony) on a 14 day cruise so I highly doubt our bid will be even accepted.

Sorry still new to the whole Royal Up program so trying to find out how to deal with it.

ok, so last week I got tired of waiting for a Royal Up and I upgraded to a Junior Suite from a Balcony. It cost me and additional $1200. Today I see that the cost of all the rooms went down so I called to get repriced. I can not believe it an you probably won't either but they repriced me at a $750.00 discount. Yes, that is correct...$750.00. I was amazed since that was not the discount that I was seeing on my ghost booking. When they sent me the updated paid invoice, it showed a the full $750.00 difference. I noticed that I got a credit for $430.00 and it was a Senior Discount. My mom who is a serious cruiser told me that it is because my husband is now 55yrs old. When I first booked the cruise he was on 54yrs old. I hadn't even thought about a Senior Discount. I was super excited:). We also got a discount for the state we live in as well as the sale of the day. It sure pays to check your room daily. Just because the same promotion is on, please remember that they change the price of cabins/categories daily. Sometimes several times a day. With all my repricing since I first booked on April 2nd 2021 I am $150 cheaper that the amount I originally booked for a Obstructed Balcony and remember, I am not in a JS. I am so happy I just cant stop smiling:). Oh yeah...I also still have offers in for Royal Up. I don't think I am going to get one, but that is ok with me. I have gotten so much already, I can not complain. 

I have a question for y'all. We did royal up bids on a 2 bedroom aquatheatre suite and a star suite. If we win our royal up bid within a week or two of our cruise, can we add people who aren't cruising to our room? Or if they have a room and refund it for FCC? Thank you

34 minutes ago, YouthD said:

I have a question for y'all. We did royal up bids on a 2 bedroom aquatheatre suite and a star suite. If we win our royal up bid within a week or two of our cruise, can we add people who aren't cruising to our room? Or if they have a room and refund it for FCC? Thank you

I hope that someone has an answer for that, because I have wondered about that (and if I’ve seen the answer it was long enough ago I don’t recall 😂). For example, we often sail in an OS or CL (just the two of us), but there is little reason for us to ever bid on a 2 BR Aqua suite or even larger suite unless we could add others on (and for a reasonable cost).

2 hours ago, YouthD said:

Short answer - no.

The RU will just include those already on the booking.  If you try and add anyone new, the booking will reprice at prevailing rates and any savings you would have realized from the RU will, almost certainly, be eliminated.  

9 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Amount you bid doesn't always seem to factor in, so you can win a bid even with the minimum. 

Also, not everyone will qualify for an upgrade. If you can't modify or cancel a bid, it is usually a sign they have accepted your bid. 

There is a whole thread about RoyalUp.

Thank you, that's good intel. Fingers crossed.

Do I need to start a new topic or can I ask questions here?

Here are my questions regardless...🤪

Although I did not get an e-mail, I check every morning.  We are 73 days out from sailing but we can place bids on Royal Up now! 

1. Do we bid now or wait?

2. Is there strategy involved?  We plan on placing bids that are slightly higher than the minimum bids.  Our understanding is that for Sky Class Suites, we get free internet and some other amenities that we already paid for or are going to pay for.  So, we are using that money to place bids higher than the minimums.

3. Is it better to place multiple bids or just bid on one?  I don't want to bid on a junior suite and a sky class suite and end up getting the junior.  That would be yuck considering I am bidding commensurate with the suite classes.  For example, minimum bid on the junior is $150 and I am bidding $250, but the min on the one-bedroom is $250 and I am bidding $450.

4. Should I even think about placing a bid on a Star Class Suite?

5. Only one bid is accepted and one charge right?  I know, I know...the bid amounts are per guest for 2 guests.

6. They won't charge me for my kids right?  It is me, my spouse, and two children.  I only bid for my spouse and I right?

7. Are there obstructed view suite balconies???

I have anxiety!!!

15 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Do I need to start a new topic or can I ask questions here?

Here are my questions regardless...🤪

Although I did not get an e-mail, I check every morning.  We are 73 days out from sailing but we can place bids on Royal Up now! 

1. Do we bid now or wait?

2. Is there strategy involved?  We plan on placing bids that are slightly higher than the minimum bids.  Our understanding is that for Sky Class Suites, we get free internet and some other amenities that we already paid for or are going to pay for.  So, we are using that money to place bids higher than the minimums.

3. Is it better to place multiple bids or just bid on one?  I don't want to bid on a junior suite and a sky class suite and end up getting the junior.  That would be yuck considering I am bidding commensurate with the suite classes.  For example, minimum bid on the junior is $150 and I am bidding $250, but the min on the one-bedroom is $250 and I am bidding $450.

4. Should I even think about placing a bid on a Star Class Suite?

5. Only one bid is accepted and one charge right?  I know, I know...the bid amounts are per guest for 2 guests.

6. They won't charge me for my kids right?  It is me, my spouse, and two children.  I only bid for my spouse and I right?

7. Are there obstructed view suite balconies???

I have anxiety!!!

1. If you can bid, bid now. I believe it happens WHEN you bid and not What you bid.

2. See number 1, since people have won on minimum bids, bids what you are comfortable paying should you win. It's a 3rd party company so there isn't a strategy. 

3. Only bid what you want on the category you want. 

4. See previous answers

5. Yes only one bid is accepted and charged for the 1st two people on the reservation. 

7. That depends on what some might consider an obstruction. Some balconies in the suite categories will overlook less than desirable locations like the sports deck. 

24 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

I don't want to bid on a junior suite and a sky class suite and end up getting the junior. 

If you will not be content with a JS then don’t place a bid on a JS.  There are more JS on a ship than there are Sky Class so your chances of winning a JS bid are greater than for winning a Sky class suite.

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you will not be content with a JS then don’t place a bid on a JS.  There are more JS on a ship than there are Sky Class so your chances of winning a JS bid are greater than for winning a Sky class suite.

I am okay with a junior. I don't want to not bid on a junior and then not get any suites at all.  

29 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wait. Now you have me second guessing! 🤪

Are you saying that If I bid multiple bids on different tiers that they will go to the lowest tier bid first?

20 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Wait. Now you have me second guessing! 🤪

Are you saying that If I bid multiple bids on different tiers that they will go to the lowest tier bid first?

No.  Sorry if my answer suggested that.  There is no rhyme or reason as to which bid will be accepted.  They do not go to the lowest bid first.  All I was saying was that if you do not want a JS, don't bid on a JS b/c you might get it !

Thank you to all who replied so quickly! I submitted 4 bids: JR Suite, Grand Suite, Grand Suite (w/ large balcony), and a 2 bed Grand.  All bids were slightly above the minimum except the 2 bed.  I bid higher because I realized that with free internet, I can use the amount I already paid for internet and offset the higher bid.

1 hour ago, CruisingNewb said:

No one knows what the proprietary algorithm is for accepting bids.

You have to remember that accepting a single bid can result in a chain reaction of bids for cabins all the way down the line. The third party program they use can factor this chain of bids into what would net them the greatest amount overall by accepting a bid.

So if someone in a JS happens to bid on a GS and then they take that bid and add it to your bid for the JS they would be vacating as well as adding in a bid from someone in an inside who bid for your room category, that may trigger an acceptance.  

Basically just bid what you would be willing to pay for the category you are bidding on and don't fret about any other "strategy".

5 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

1. If you can bid, bid now. I believe it happens WHEN you bid and not What you bid.

2. See number 1, since people have won on minimum bids, bids what you are comfortable paying should you win. It's a 3rd party company so there isn't a strategy. 

3. Only bid what you want on the category you want. 

4. See previous answers

5. Yes only one bid is accepted and charged for the 1st two people on the reservation. 

7. That depends on what some might consider an obstruction. Some balconies in the suite categories will overlook less than desirable locations like the sports deck. 

Hi Ampurp85,

Just curious why you think that the moment of bidding could be a factor. 

23 minutes ago, Mayooo said:

Hi Ampurp85,

Just curious why you think that the moment of bidding could be a factor. 

Primarily because lots of minimum bids have won over maximum bids. The maximum or close to maximum would imply that what you bid matters. But because minimum bids have won, it would imply that when you bid matters. As stated above most of the winning bids are part of a trickle down and trickle up system. If a person in a balcony bid 6wks ago on a JS the minimum, they could possibly sell that cabin at a higher rate because it has moved back into inventory. I think they do a first come, first served situation. 

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Primarily because lots of minimum bids have won over maximum bids. The maximum or close to maximum would imply that what you bid matters. But because minimum bids have won, it would imply that when you bid matters. As stated above most of the winning bids are part of a trickle down and trickle up system. If a person in a balcony bid 6wks ago on a JS the minimum, they could possibly sell that cabin at a higher rate because it has moved back into inventory. I think they do a first come, first served situation. 

You guys were right, I couldn't modify or cancel my bid, today we received an email from Royal that our offer was accepted. 😄 

We will move from a central Park Balcony to an Ocean View Balcony for just 50$ p/p on a 14 day cruise on the Wonder of The Seas to Barcelona

Still can't believe it how cheap we got it😮 .

On 3/30/2022 at 8:25 AM, YOLO said:

Still pending for Sunday.  Wasn't expecting anything different yet, but hopefully soon...

image.png.ae9905b6e4642e2d354e165005d57dc6.png

Both of my offers are still in pending status, but it looks like all suites are now sold out for this sailing.  Maybe someone got upgrades, but not me.  🙄   What I don't understand is why is my status still pending if there are no rooms left?

9 minutes ago, YOLO said:

Both of my offers are still in pending status, but it looks like all suites are now sold out for this sailing.  Maybe someone got upgrades, but not me.  🙄   What I don't understand is why is my status still pending if there are no rooms left?

Could be holding out for last minute cancellations/those who cancel due to COVID results etc. 

4 hours ago, YOLO said:

On our last  sailing there was bad weather & cancellations right up until boarding. They will be pending until everyone steps on the ship, and then while at dinner evening one your email will bing, thanks but your bid has been unsuccessful. 

I am now at 20 bids - zero (awards) or "ability to spend more for the upgrade". I bid, check obsessively for a hot minute and then forget about it. Once my bid was pending and the cabin was open (bid locked) but alas the email came at dinner. I always book what I am happy with, now the bidding is just for fun. Good Luck though, I hope you get it!

I sure hope I get something but after reading all the posts and seeing that all the suites are sold out on my May 2nd sailing, I am ok with the JS that I have. I don't think I will hear either way until the day of the cruise. I have 4 or 5 bids in and they are all really good bids, but again I am will have a good time no matter what happens.