Royal Up offers

Kent

3 hours ago, Last Lion said:

All right, I put in three Royal Up Bids on three different types of cabin. Two are now showing status of “expired”. One shows status “pending”. What exactly does this mean? Thanks for the answers.

2 expired bids = you lost

1 pending  bid = possibility still exists you could win.  Notification can happen up until you embark! (That’s new).  Many people report seeing a charge on their credit card prior to receiving any notification from Royal Up that they won.

2 hours ago, SewerUrchin43 said:

First time “Cruiser” here, What is Royal Up?

It's a way to bid on a stateroom upgrade. The most important things to know are that

1) it's based on double occupancy, so if you bid $50 and win, you will pay $100.

2) Just because the program may allow you to bid on a certain room category, it does not mean that there is an actual room available.  They are often betting against last-minute cancelations.  

3) If you are eligible you will usually get an email invitation to bid (usually about 70-ish days ahead of sailing).  If your sailing is within 30 days you can check the link below and see if it allows you to bid. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  Not all passengers will be able to bid on an upgrade.

Some people have gotten very nice room upgrades, especially lately!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

13 hours ago, Last Lion said:

All right, I put in three Royal Up Bids on three different types of cabin. Two are now showing status of “expired”. One shows status “pending”. What exactly does this mean? Thanks for the answers.

This is typically viewed as a good sign that you are likely to win your bid. 

38 minutes ago, Chill said:

We were assigned a cabin in our original booking category. Does that mean we didn't get our royal up? They're all showing as pending still

Was the room assignment a guarantee booking? You may get your guarantee assignment before a Royal Up offer is accepted. 

If they're all still showing as pending, you're still in the running for a Royal Up! 

2 hours ago, greenline627 said:

I got an email to Royal up already in a suite but for 370.00 PP i can try for the Royal Suite or 210.00 PP for the Owners Suite 🙂  I don't think so.

That seems like a cheap upgrade to have Star Class and the biggest rooms on the boat.  But, what do I know.  Star class is basically free access to everything, and preferred treatment.  Unless you already have Star Class in your suite, I would always try for the upgrade....🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Big Red said:

That seems like a cheap upgrade to have Star Class and the biggest rooms on the boat.  But, what do I know.  Star class is basically free access to everything, and preferred treatment.  Unless you already have Star Class in your suite, I would always try for the upgrade....🤷‍♂️

The Royal Suite and Owners Suite aren't Star Class rooms, which is they had as offers to bid on.

We are on Odyssey in June, greek islands, and have two larger balcony cabins (adjoining) in the aft. Nice cabins, though, with 2 adults in one and 1 ad/2 kids in the second stateroom.

Now, several weeks out, I get the same RU options for both cabins:

RL 595.- € starting

OL 460.-

Upper Loft 320.-

OS 110.-

GS - 2 bedrooms 90.-

GS - 1 BR 65.-

JS 35.-

Interesting prices, seems to me.

As we would like to stick close together and would'nt mind two different RU categories. But balcony is mandatory.

What would you suggest.....?

Carotthat

Wanted to get opinions of those that have put in offers\had them accepted. 7 night sailing on the Harmony currently booked in a Central Park Balcony. There are 18 Crown Loft Suites still available to book on this sailing leaving in 26 days. Minimum Bid is $800pp and Max is $3,300pp. I was thinking of putting in a bid of $1,500pp ($3k total) but it is still in the “weak” range. Does this seem too high of a bid for so many rooms to be available?

14490D34-739F-4CBC-B9CB-60F87FA672C8.jpeg

2 hours ago, TheTroJo said:

Wanted to get opinions of those that have put in offers\had them accepted. 7 night sailing on the Harmony currently booked in a Central Park Balcony. There are 18 Crown Loft Suites still available to book on this sailing leaving in 26 days. Minimum Bid is $800pp and Max is $3,300pp. I was thinking of putting in a bid of $1,500pp ($3k total) but it is still in the “weak” range. Does this seem too high of a bid for so many rooms to be available?

That's funny because I bid the exact same amount for the star loft on my upcoming May 2022 cruise. My thought is, if I get it, I am actually saving money. I have another cruise booked for Oct 2023 on the Allure with The Crown Loft. That booking is about $5K and the cruise is only 6 days. On this cruise which is 11 days Transatlantic, we are in a balcony and I have paid $1,850 for this cruise. If I win the bid of $3k, that is a total of $4,850 for an 11 day cruise in the Crown Loft:). Since our 2023 cruise is JUST to be able to get in the Crown Loft at an affordable price, I would be able to cancel that cruise (saving me $5K) or book a better one to Alaska or on the Wonder of The Seas. For me bidding the high amount is worth it. I have a few bids in and would be happy to get any one of them excepted but I am really hoping that I get the crown loft or the owners suite. Wish Me Luck and Good Luck to you too:)

10 minutes ago, nmdaisy said:

Does anyone know if Royal Up will contact you and negotiate your offer?

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of this happening. You either get it or you don’t… And if there are rooms leftover there are always Pinnacle and D+ cruisers to award upgrades to.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, JustMeJoe said:

Accepted offers will earn Crown & Anchor points at the original stateroom category purchased, and not the category of the upgraded stateroom.

Is this a new policy?

If I recall correctly, we’ve earned suites “double points” in the past with a Royal Up bid win.

3 hours ago, TXCoastPatriot said:

Is this a new policy?

If I recall correctly, we’ve earned suites “double points” in the past with a Royal Up bid win.

Suites are double points normally.  If you booked a balcony during the double points promotion (purchase your cruise by sept 30, 2021 for sailings through Dec 2022? You’d get double points for your cabin and if Royal up to a suite you’d still only get the double points.  Had you booked a junior suite during double points you would have gotten 4 pts per night. 

4 hours ago, TXCoastPatriot said:

Is this a new policy?

No, the policy since the beginning for Royal Up has always been that you retain the number of points of your original booking .

On 3/22/2022 at 7:53 PM, Carotthat said:

We are on Odyssey in June, greek islands, and have two larger balcony cabins (adjoining) in the aft. Nice cabins, though, with 2 adults in one and 1 ad/2 kids in the second stateroom.

Now, several weeks out, I get the same RU options for both cabins:

RL 595.- € starting

OL 460.-

Upper Loft 320.-

OS 110.-

GS - 2 bedrooms 90.-

GS - 1 BR 65.-

JS 35.-

Interesting prices, seems to me.

As we would like to stick close together and would'nt mind two different RU categories. But balcony is mandatory.

What would you suggest.....?

Carotthat

Called today RCL, and surprise, all gone except the Owner's Suite and the GS w/ 1BR. 

Wow! 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:39 PM, TheTroJo said:

Just gonna roll with the $1600pp on the Crown Loft. (18 rooms left)

Also putting in the minimum bid of $1650pp for an Aquatheater 1 Bedroom (2 rooms left).

Sailing is in 24 days - I’ll repost once I know more.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:42 PM, TheTroJo said:

I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of this happening. You either get it or you don’t… And if there are rooms leftover there are always Pinnacle and D+ cruisers to award upgrades to.

I’ve finally hit D+.  How does this work?  I can’t imagine they would award it before the cruise with the Royal Up program in place and now Royal Up bidding is valid on boarding day.

thank you for any input

26 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I’ve finally hit D+.  How does this work?  

It doesn't for all practical purposes.  I know @twangsterrecently received an unsolicited upgrade but who knows if it was due to his C&A status or not ?   I have not heard of spontaneous C&A category upgrades in a very, very long time.  I'd say that, for all practical purposes, this doesn't happen anymore.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, Kent said:

Sailing Allure late Oct and we have a room we can live with, but that does not mean we're not interested in entertaining the offer for an upgrade.  I have received 3 emails from Royal up in the past week, but its the same offer.  Do they change at all or get any more reasonable as the sail date nears?  The minimum bids are too high for us to be interested currently.

The prices do not change.  We just won our Royal Up to a 1 bedroom Sky Class grand suite and are so excited! I just put minimum bids on all the rooms with the thought I would never win one but did!! Just remember the bid will be x2 and no more,  meaning if you have 6 or 2 people,  you only get charged for 2.

20 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I’ve finally hit D+.  How does this work?  I can’t imagine they would award it before the cruise with the Royal Up program in place and now Royal Up bidding is valid on boarding day.

thank you for any input

The verbiage in the CAS terms and conditions in reference to upgrades is old, very old.  A long time ago in a land far away a D+ might be offered an upgrade.  That was before Pinnacle existed.  They haven't removed the verbiage because... who knows?  Maybe you'll get an upgrade... but don't hold your breath waiting.  

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

The verbiage in the CAS terms and conditions in reference to upgrades is old, very old.  A long time ago in a land far away a D+ might be offered an upgrade.  That was before Pinnacle existed.  They haven't removed the verbiage because... who knows?  Maybe you'll get an upgrade... but don't hold your breath waiting.  

Both my parents and aunt/uncle are both D+ and get upgraded quite frequently. In fact my A/U are currently sailing on the wonder and were upgraded to an Owner suite from a Junior suite. However I will say they all travel quite often on complimentary offers from the prime membership in Club Royale - so maybe this is also a factor?

8 minutes ago, patty22407 said:

So, sailing on Mariner on 15 May and received the Royal Up email a few days ago. I go into Royal Up to check the status and it gives me an error box basically saying to wait until within 30 days. No way to check it until then?

I’m on Mariner on 5/6 and put my offers in last week. Try putting in your last name\reservation ID a couple times on the webpage. It’s glitchy.

RoyalUP is a third-party service so your C&A status will have no bearing on whether you get upgraded.

There are not only lots of people who bid for upgrades but others who use Club Royale to upgrade for a cheaper price. I haven't heard of the upgrade fairy being used based on C&A status since way before the pandemic.

I still think the odds of winning a RU has to do with when you place your bid and not how much you spend.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:39 PM, TheTroJo said:

I have bid on upgrades three times.  The two times it was accepted, the bids showed in the "weak" range.  The other time (also in the "weak" range) it showed pending for the last week when all other bids had "expired."  But someone must have made a new booking during that time, so I didn't get the upgrade.

So, don't worry about where it is in the range - bid what you are comfortable bidding, and be pleasantly surprised if/when you win!