Royal Up offers

Kent

6 hours ago, roybthered said:

How far out from a sailing would they let you know? we have bid on a JS and a GS but are 12 days out from sailing, (Anthem from Southampton around the UK).

I sail tomorrow and we had our bid accepted yesterday, but the timeline varies wildly. This seems to happen sometime within the week of sailing, but it could be sooner or never. 

17 minutes ago, KLA said:

I sail tomorrow and we had our bid accepted yesterday, but the timeline varies wildly. This seems to happen sometime within the week of sailing, but it could be sooner or never. 

Thanks, we will keep checking. Enjoy your trip and I hope the weather is good as it is raining and cold here in the UK.

8 hours ago, fishernrex said:

Trying SO HARD to not get my hopes up.  Logged into RoyalUp this morning and all but one of my bids is expired... The one "Pending" is a GRAND LOFT Suite!!   fingers, toes, knees, eyes all crossed.    

Fingers crossed indeed, I hope you get it!

We have 4 bids in for our Sunday cruise and all 4 are still pending and can be modified. They're gonna make us sweat it until the last minute!!!

😄

8 hours ago, fishernrex said:

Trying SO HARD to not get my hopes up.  Logged into RoyalUp this morning and all but one of my bids is expired... The one "Pending" is a GRAND LOFT Suite!!   fingers, toes, knees, eyes all crossed.    

Fingers crossed for you!  Good luck!

10days out before our cruise on the 17th of Oct.  No answers yet on if any of our bids were accepted for JS, GS, GS-2B, or OS.  Put lowest bid available on the JS, as it isn't much of an upgrade(with no additional cruise points), from our spacious balcony room.  Then put in slightly higher offers on the other three.  With there being only one room available in each class (except the JR) I believe are chances are fairly low, of getting an upgrade.  Either way will update on here once we hear either way.  This is a great post to share and monitor Royalup offers, and acceptance/declining of offers....😁

We tried RoyalUp for our cruise last week.   We bid on 1 and 2 BR Aqua Theater suites.  The bid was showing as pending and I forgot about it once we boarded.   During our dinner at Izumi, we received the email that our bid was not accepted.  I kinda figured that was the case since we had already unpacked, but I probably would have been willing to move after dinner.

We have 3 bids pending for our cruise this Sunday.  

I noticed RCL had 8 1 BR GS yesterday around noon plus 2 OS. 

I checked again at 4:30 - they were down to 3 1BR GS and 0 OS.

All my bids - 1 for a 1BR GS and OS are still pending.

It appears they may be making assignments but yet no email or change in bid status.  I can still modify as of this morning.

On 10/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, Big Red said:

10days out before our cruise on the 17th of Oct.  No answers yet on if any of our bids were accepted for JS, GS, GS-2B, or OS.  Put lowest bid available on the JS, as it isn't much of an upgrade(with no additional cruise points), from our spacious balcony room.  Then put in slightly higher offers on the other three.  With there being only one room available in each class (except the JR) I believe are chances are fairly low, of getting an upgrade.  Either way will update on here once we hear either way.  This is a great post to share and monitor Royalup offers, and acceptance/declining of offers....😁

Just Update from yesterday..  All but one of our bids have expired last night(9-days out).  One shows pending(the one we wanted to get the most, will give those details later).  We checked the website for available rooms still available for our cruise, and all the rooms have the same amount still available.  With having all but one offer expired, that is usually a good sign from what I have seen on these posts.  Will update in in the following days to let everyone know if we got out upgrade or not.  As of this morning we are 8-days till sailing!  And so looking forward to just getting away!

Again this blog has been a great help in navigating and learning the process of RoyalUp, and what to look for, and excited when I hear someone else get an upgrade as well!😇

On 9/24/2021 at 11:41 PM, PurdueFlyer said:

I booked an inside GTY for a 4-nighter.  I wanted to use this as a litmus test to see what a basic, inside GTY gets a solo-cruising Diamond during a pandemic.  I purposely didn't do a RoyalUp in advance because I wanted to see what would be assigned on its own.

Answer:  a BASIC, inside cabin 😆

I was hoping for a promenade view interior at least, but alas, no.  So I dug out the RoyalUp email.

Pricing data points per person (incase anyone cares):

Promenade View:  $10
Spacious Interior:  $15
Ocean View:  $20
Spacious Ocean View:  $25

Panoramic Ocean View:  $30
Ultra Spacious Ocean View:  $35
Balcony:  $50

Prices were identical in both emails they sent me (Aug 15th & Sept 20th).  Then, I used an online-travel agency to go through a dummy booking and look at which cabins were still available (the actual rooms).  There were TONS of promenade view interiors left, on all 3 decks that offer them, and all 24 of the Panoramic Ocean View cabins.  Those are all on Deck 12 by the Spa.  I've never stayed in one of those before.  I threw down 2 bids, a $15 bid for the Promenade View ($5 more than the minimum) and a $40 bid for the Panoramic Ocean View ($10 more than the minimum).  I was awarded the Panoramic ocean view today, 3 days prior to sailing, so 80 bucks total for the upgrade.  not bad & I get to check out a new kind of stateroom. 

I went back today and looked at available cabins again, and I still see about 55 of the Promenade view interior cabins left, and 12 out of the 24 Panoramic Ocean View cabins left.  So at least for this sailing, the availability seemed pretty good and my idea of low-balling both bids was successful.  If its that wide open, your only competition is other guests, not really inventory.  I am sure there is a magic line where the revenue management people would rather have the room go empty than upgrade someone for bare bones, but its possible that the lowest allowable bid *IS* that bar, and thus they'll take anything in the range as long as someone doesn't bid higher than you for the last cabin. 

That sounds like a great strategy!  Thanks for sharing it.  I have an Inside Promenade on an upcoming (end of November) 4-Night sailing on Freedom, and am hoping to receive an Upgrade email.  So far no luck in going to the Royal Up webpage -- still wants me to be within 30 days of sailing.  

59 minutes ago, Big Red said:

Just Update from yesterday..  All but one of our bids have expired last night(9-days out).  One shows pending(the one we wanted to get the most, will give those details later).  We checked the website for available rooms still available for our cruise, and all the rooms have the same amount still available.  With having all but one offer expired, that is usually a good sign from what I have seen on these posts.  Will update in in the following days to let everyone know if we got out upgrade or not.  As of this morning we are 8-days till sailing!  And so looking forward to just getting away!

Again this blog has been a great help in navigating and learning the process of RoyalUp, and what to look for, and excited when I hear someone else get an upgrade as well!😇

What ship are you sailing on Big Red? Good luck on your Royal Up!!!!

On 10/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, fishernrex said:

@Big RedNo new info here -  How about you?   FWIW, I'm pretty sure I'm driving my husband nuts that I keep looking it up and talking about it!  

No new update here as well.  We probably won't know anything until 2-days out from what I have been seeing(Friday-Saturday of this week).    

I have also been driving my wife nuts with updates and info I have seen on the blog.  I am not online all that much with work, but usually check on the blog for info and updates, every other day.  I check the status on the Royal-Up twice daily...🤪

20 hours ago, Big Red said:

No new update here as well.  We probably won't know anything until 2-days out from what I have been seeing(Friday-Saturday of this week).    

I have also been driving my wife nuts with updates and info I have seen on the blog.  I am not online all that much with work, but usually check on the blog for info and updates, every other day.  I check the status on the Royal-Up twice daily...🤪

You'll know quickly if it does happen! I saw the charge from royal and the confirmation email come through very close together - all while I was going about my day after checking frequently for a couple weeks! 

23 hours ago, KLA said:

the charge from royal and the confirmation email come through very close together

I’ll confirm that. I saw the notification from my card about the charge and about 10 minutes later the confirmation email from RoyalUp.

This happened on Tuesday before our Saturday sail. Since we went from Grand Suite to Grand Loft, I think we were one of the first dominoes because the other people in the Facebook for the cruise started reporting successful bids shortly after us, with the latest confirmation, that I know of happening, the morning of the sail. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:07 AM, mathbees said:

I’ll confirm that. I saw the notification from my card about the charge and about 10 minutes later the confirmation email from RoyalUp.

This happened on Tuesday before our Saturday sail. Since we went from Grand Suite to Grand Loft, I think we were one of the first dominoes because the other people in the Facebook for the cruise started reporting successful bids shortly after us, with the latest confirmation, that I know of happening, the morning of the sail. 

I hope you are correct.  As I am hopeful we will hear something tomorrow, as we are right now currently 3 days out and leaving on Sunday.  And we have one offer still pending(the one that we put the best offer on, and most wanted upgrade).  All other offers expired this past Friday(which the rest of our offers where very low/minimum bid amounts).

Boom!🤯 It I done!  Officially got our upgrade!  Today at 3pm EST.  Right after my post above.  Sorry I didn't want to go into details about my bid, room, and ship until we got the upgrade(as only one room was available online during bidding)

Went from Ocean View Balcony to Grand Suite on a 7-Day cruise on Allure leaving this Sunday!  We have a total of around $3,500 invested for a GS balcony for two people(price includes the original purchase price, and the bid offered($1,250 per person/ $2,500 total bid)!  Way cheaper than what we would have done if we would have just booked the suite room to begin with!  Plus we can now eat at costal kitchen, and I can get rid of our internet package(sad no extra Cruise points for suite room but oh well)!!  Super stoked as me and the wife have been waiting all pandemic like most everyone to get back out and start cruising again!  Cant wait till our next cruise now for January!  Hope my additions helps folks that read this post/blog!!

Royal Up works!

Also in closing, I think it is an extremely good sign when bidding, that if you have one of the bids pending, you will typically get the upgrade!🤙

I feel like I have a decent chance of being awarded the one bid that isn't still showing "expired".  The problem? I've had a suspicious charge on the credit card that I used for Royal Up (nothing to do with Royal Caribbean) and I have no way to change the card on Royal Up to one that I know won't possibly be declined due to "suspicion" again, or if the bank decides they are going to cancel my card and send me a new card before next week.  How bummed will I be if I win the bid but it gets pulled out from under my feet due to a last-minute, non-related fraud problem on the card?  UGH.

@SpeedNoodles I had a similar situation, but have no fear the banks want you to continue to charge while they minimize the fraud..that charge was then just assigned/tethered to the next card with the new number, the fraud department sent me a text confirming it was me. Call the bank ahead of time also they should be able to place a note on your account, Best wishes for the WIN!

Can it be modified still? Go in and swop the card out now with another.

47 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@SpeedNoodles I had a similar situation, but have no fear the banks want you to continue to charge while they minimize the fraud..that charge was then just assigned/tethered to the next card with the new number, the fraud department sent me a text confirming it was me. Call the bank ahead of time also they should be able to place a note on your account, Best wishes for the WIN!

Can it be modified still? Go in and swop the card out now with another.

No, it can no longer be modified.  I'm trying to get hold of the CC company but I'm not able to connect this morning. I'll keep trying.

7 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I feel like I have a decent chance of being awarded the one bid that isn't still showing "expired".  The problem? I've had a suspicious charge on the credit card that I used for Royal Up (nothing to do with Royal Caribbean) and I have no way to change the card on Royal Up to one that I know won't possibly be declined due to "suspicion" again, or if the bank decides they are going to cancel my card and send me a new card before next week.  How bummed will I be if I win the bid but it gets pulled out from under my feet due to a last-minute, non-related fraud problem on the card?  UGH.

You better get this fixed!  How are we supposed to be Crown Loft Suite neighbors if you cannot get this fixed?

30 minutes ago, RKennedy1279 said:

So today all my offered expired except one.  How long after this does it usually take to know if in fact we got the room we put the bid on?

Also trying to decide if I should tell my wife or surprise her when we get to the ship if we get the upgrade.  Any thoughts?

If you can no longer modify the bid, it's usually been good news!

Maybe leave it as a surprise so she doesn't take it as an invitation to pack more to fill up a bigger cabin? 😂

30 minutes ago, RKennedy1279 said:

So today all my offered expired except one.  How long after this does it usually take to know if in fact we got the room we put the bid on?

Also trying to decide if I should tell my wife or surprise her when we get to the ship if we get the upgrade.  Any thoughts?

Sometimes until the morning of sailing, sometimes never. In my brief experience, I found out two days before sailing. I've also heard 5 days before. I've also heard stories where it never finalized. It's hard to say, but all expired but one is a very good sign that you're in the running. 

@SpeedNoodlesI have the same problem. My Barclays card tries to protect me from myself. Ugh. If I need a new phone, it always denies the initial purchase. I have to call Barclays and tell them the transaction is going through a second time. My BOFA RCG card, which I want to be done with after our next cruise happens, doesn't flag potential fraud purchases that Barclays does. Yay? 🙄

1 hour ago, RKennedy1279 said:

As a wife my vote is for the SURPRISE! The joy will be priceless!!

2 hours ago, wstephensi said:

You better get this fixed!  How are we supposed to be Crown Loft Suite neighbors if you cannot get this fixed?

Yeah, I don't know what's going to happen.  They closed the card, reissued the number and are sending me the new card via expedited service. But there's no way to fix it for RoyalUp.  I think the charge will just get denied and that'll be the end of it.  I'm so seriously bummed.

6 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, I don't know what's going to happen.  They closed the card, reissued the number and are sending me the new card via expedited service. But there's no way to fix it for RoyalUp.  I think the charge will just get denied and that'll be the end of it.  I'm so seriously bummed.

I had a fraud alert on a card while on a vacation.  We paid at a restaurant and as we walked out the door, got a call from Chase that our card was also just used elsewhere.  We suspect someone in the restaurant wrote down the number and used it online but that's not important to the story.  I was able to ask Chase to approve our expected hotel charges using the old card but deny anything else.  Then, I just used a different card until we got home and received the replacement Chase card.

3 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I had a fraud alert on a card while on a vacation.  We paid at a restaurant and as we walked out the door, got a call from Chase that our card was also just used elsewhere.  We suspect someone in the restaurant wrote down the number and used it online but that's not important to the story.  I was able to ask Chase to approve our expected hotel charges using the old card but deny anything else.  Then, I just used a different card until we got home and received the replacement Chase card.

I told the representative that I was expecting a charge next week that was important (thinking positively that I'll be h the upgrade!) and she didn't seem to think there was much to be done about it.  I'll try again with another rep I guess.