Where should RCI sail to ?

Hi -

Just curious where you would really like to see RCI sail to next or again?   I know Iceland is becoming a new hot spot and I wish someone else would sail around Hawaii (although I know ships have lots of restrictions for that) but where else would you like to see them sail to?

Radiance & Rhapsody both do an Island itinerary before or after repositioning to Vancouver for Alaska Summer runs. This year Apr12, May 13, Sep 5 & 12. We did Rhapsody last Spring, fantastic itinerary; 5 Islands, Pacific crossing, port in Victoria, terminate Vancouver. Highly recommend!

Radiance & Rhapsody both do an Island itinerary before or after repositioning to Vancouver for Alaska Summer runs. This year Apr12, May 13, Sep 5 & 12. We did Rhapsody last Spring, fantastic itinerary; 5 Islands, Pacific crossing, port in Victoria, terminate Vancouver. Highly recommend!

That is May 3, instead of May 13.

I want Royal Caribbean to sail from the US to far away destinations, like Fiji or Tahiti. That way I can save on airfare!  :)

:lol: Good point Tylor although I always seem to run out of vacation time before money becomes an issue

Whenever " Oasis 3" comes out I would like if they would have either Oasis or Allure do 10-12 night southern caribbean cruises that leave from either Ft. Laurderdale or Miami. I am a lucky one who lives in Ft. Lauderdale and so I get to save on airfare and i would love to take one of those ships on a long cruise to new ports in the southern caribbean that I have never been to but on really great ships. Obviously Oasis and Allure provide enough entertainment and activities to keep people busy for that length of time I am just not sure if those size boats would fit in the southern caribbean but I hope they would it would be cool! 

Great question Michelle.  I would love to see RC sail more overnights in ports they already go to.  Overnights really make port stops more interesting since you have significantly more time.

Oh I agree.. When we did our circumnavigation an overnight in Wellington, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane would have been wonderful. I guess its probably the port fees that are restrictive.

Definitely like the idea of some Southern Caribbean itineraries out of Florida.

I think Vision is slated to do some out of Tampa in Fall 2015, unfortunately it took RCI so long to roll out their schedule that I have already booked a group vacation for my traditional Thanksgiving slot so I wont be able to take advantage.

It would be nice to do something other than the standard 3-4 night Nassau / 4-5 night Cozumel / 7 night eastern / 7 night western runs out of florida ...

Great question Michelle.  I would love to see RC sail more overnights in ports they already go to.  Overnights really make port stops more interesting since you have significantly more time.

I would love to see more over nights - or at least stay in some ports like Azamara does until like 1-2am

that way you can go out and actually see a city and have dinner out in town maybe or see a play and then

get back onboard to sail over night- I know this cannot always happen but I'd rather stretch out a 7 day cruise

to 9 days in order to accommodate things like this.

Yep and why I like the idea of Hawaii - I would rather it not be part of a trans-Pacific sailing but that is just me -

Maybe starting in Hawaii and sailing around Tahiti!  not that would be great.

Definitely like the idea of some Southern Caribbean itineraries out of Florida.

I think Vision is slated to do some out of Tampa in Fall 2015, unfortunately it took RCI so long to roll out their schedule that I have already booked a group vacation for my traditional Thanksgiving slot so I wont be able to take advantage.

It would be nice to do something other than the standard 3-4 night Nassau / 4-5 night Cozumel / 7 night eastern / 7 night western runs out of florida ...

I agree - the same 3/4 day cruises can get old but believe it or not its what draws in many first time cruisers so I see why they keep them going.  in this shorter market though is where ships really are a big deal to me - so glad they have the Enchantment now out of Ft Lauderdale and are making some moves in this market.

Heck wouldn't it be fun just to sail from Galveston - to New Orleans (overnight) - Pensacola - Key West  - then Tampa

I think you could get some people just doing a US cruise...

Michelle, definitely agree that the 3/4 and 4/5 night cruises are great intro cruises, need to keep them in the mix for that reason (taking one this summer to introduce some friends to cruising as a matter of fact).

Just seems like the only option after those is 7 nt west / 7 nt east with the same stops everytime, would be nice to have some other alternatives out of florida (Oasis/Allure/Freedom basically do exactly the same thing week after week).

Michelle, definitely agree that the 3/4 and 4/5 night cruises are great intro cruises, need to keep them in the mix for that reason (taking one this summer to introduce some friends to cruising as a matter of fact).

Just seems like the only option after those is 7 nt west / 7 nt east with the same stops everytime, would be nice to have some other alternatives out of florida (Oasis/Allure/Freedom basically do exactly the same thing week after week).

One would think with now 3 Oasis ships, they'd have more flexibility to move an Oasis ship or two around to offer other itineraries.  Plus Quantum class will give more flexibility.

Heck wouldn't it be fun just to sail from Galveston - to New Orleans (overnight) - Pensacola - Key West  - then Tampa

I think you could get some people just doing a US cruise...

I may be wrong but I don't think they can do that; that have to have at least one stop in a foreign country, otherwise they have to abide by the American labor and pay laws (which would likely make the cruise unaffordable).  A long time ago I looked at a Norwegian cruise around Hawaii, and they made the trek down to some tiny island that I believe was part of French Polynesia just so that they could have a foreign stop.  I think this is also why RCI's 2 west coast itineraries have a stop in Ensenada, Mexico, just so they have a foreign port.  

I may be wrong but I don't think they can do that; that have to have at least one stop in a foreign country, otherwise they have to abide by the American labor and pay laws (which would likely make the cruise unaffordable).  A long time ago I looked at a Norwegian cruise around Hawaii, and they made the trek down to some tiny island that I believe was part of French Polynesia just so that they could have a foreign stop.  I think this is also why RCI's 2 west coast itineraries have a stop in Ensenada, Mexico, just so they have a foreign port.  

You are correct, they must make at least one stop outside of USA per obscure regulation (I forget the name....Jones Act?).  It's dumb but it's been a boon for ports like Nassau and Ensenada.

Liberty will stay over night in King's Wharf while she cruises out of New Jersey...

One of our favorite trips was Bayonne RT 2 days out, 2 return, 3 nights in Bermuda --RCI Celebrity. Very leisurely, kickback trip!

You are totally right - I just think it would be fun - to do more like this but I know they can't

I would like to see RCI return to California and sail to Hawaii, Mexico, South America, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska from Los Angeles, Sand Diego and San Francisco as homeports. :)

I do wish they would use LA and San Diego more as home ports, Princess is using is successfully but I think one ship almost is enough

• 5 weeks later...