Calling all Suite Experts (Oasis)

Kathleen

Looking at 2 different suites on Oasis. They are seperated by just a few hundred dollars in price. The first is the Crown Loft Suite on 17 side or Owners Suite 1 BR. The balcony on the Owner's Suite is much larger than the Crown loft but I've read others say that they love deck 17 and it's proximity to Suite lounge, CK and Suite Sundeck. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

You really have the most important aspects already identified.  It comes down to 2 things (for me).

1.  Do you want to be up on 17 ?

2. Do you want stairs ?

If you plan on eating at the Coastal Kitchen a great deal of the time, then being on Deck 17 is extremely convenient.  It's just a few steps down the hallway and you're there.  An OS would mean an elevator ride.  It's kinda like the difference between staying "on property" at Disney or having an "off property" hotel.

If you don't want to be climbing stairs all day then you may want to steer clear of the CLS.

I, personally, prefer the OS to the CLS.  I feel like I have more room and I don't have those stairs to worry about.  ...but I am also not a die-hard fan of the CK (sorry Sabrina !!).

One thing's for sure though....as great as the OS is, you will never EVER get that BIG view anywhere except for the 2 level suites.  There is a WOW factor there that you just can't get anywhere else.

In general, the OS is usually a few bucks more than the CLS but not always.

This will be my first time in the loft suites. I like what I see in the videos…especially being ‘on top of the ship’ with huge two-level windows, the sheer openness of the space, large balcony, and the exclusivity of deck 17. Getting to the suite sundeck seems rather easy…a short walk forward. Can’t wait!

Well....you could always go for the owner panoramic on 17 ;).

We had that booked for August this year but ultimately moved to Adventure since we knew it would be cancelled.

The rear facing lofts on Anthem are cool enough with their big wide windows......side view on Oasis I can see only getting better as you roll into port and can sit there sipping coffee

DSC02996.JPG.4bd13e44799628719dae7412650719fa.JPG

3 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Well....you could always go for the owner panoramic on 17 ;).

We had that booked for August this year but ultimately moved to Adventure since we knew it would be cancelled.

The rear facing lofts on Anthem are cool enough with their big wide windows......side view on Oasis I can see only getting better as you roll into port and can sit there sipping coffee

DSC02996.JPG.4bd13e44799628719dae7412650719fa.JPG

That would be a bit much for me. I usually cruise solo. Sometimes I’ll get a two bedroom suite only because the price dropped significantly and I’ll tell myself it’s because my luggage likes to have it’s own room.🤣

1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

Looking at 2 different suites on Oasis. They are seperated by just a few hundred dollars in price. The first is the Crown Loft Suite on 17 side or Owners Suite 1 BR. The balcony on the Owner's Suite is much larger than the Crown loft but I've read others say that they love deck 17 and it's proximity to Suite lounge, CK and Suite Sundeck. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Always deck 17!!!

I am definitely #teamDeck17!  The only thing that would deter me from the loft is if someone has mobility issues like @WAAAYTOOO mentioned.  Otherwise, IMO, there is nothing that matches the WOW factor of the loft.  And like @smokeybandit mentioned, the two full baths is a huge plus.

5 hours ago, Kathleen said:

If you don't mind deck 17 - you get muster station G2 meaning you can take the steps to 16 then take the Ultimate Abyss to Deck 6 to the Aqua Theater G2 muster station.  Makes it all worth while.

Owners suite was nice, but deck 17 just wow! One bathroom in OS versus two in Crown and the doorbell, oh my! We were in an OS on the Harmony 2019 Thanksgiving. People rang that doorbell at all hours, it was pretty annoying especially when it wakes you from a sound sleep, I would lean crown loft, and on the Harmony there was a gigantic pole in the middle of the cabin @WAAAYTOOO do you know if it's the same on Oasis?

17 minutes ago, Neesa said:

on the Harmony there was a gigantic pole in the middle of the cabin @WAAAYTOOO do you know if it's the same on Oasis?

Yes.  On Oasis, Allure and Harmony, you get to choose between the pole or an OS that is connected to an adjoining room.  Finally on Symphony they eliminated the adjoining room OS so now there is at least an OS without the pole OR a connecting door.

1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

Thank you to everyone who so kindly shared their expertise. That’s why I love this blog and it’s contributors. I am now leaning towards team 17. It will be a 10 night cruise, does that change it for anyone? Also, am I correct I want the side and not the back? 

Yes the side. I am in an aft on 17 as it was the last one left. I have been waiting to transfer to a side one but only other afts open up.  A side one became available when my TA was on vacation and when I emailed the forwarding fill in contact was for emergencies only. It was gone by the time she came back, I called Royal but they would not help only my TA could change it. I could NOT justify that as an emergency so  I have made peace with zero privacy on my balcony, can't say I'm to happy about it, but at least I'm sailing. Things could be so much worse. I need to reflect on my blessings....

We did the CLS on the Oasis and it does have the wow factor.  The stairs get old after a while so we made extra sure we had everything we needed before we left the room so we didn't have the unnecessary stair climb.  I believe the rooms near the elevator are better since it is short walk to CC and suite lounge.  Looking down that long hall to the rooms on the back of the ship made the rooms near the elevator even better.  The huge shower on the Oasis CLS is great!  I'm no spring chicken anymore so I would probably take the OS now.

Question on shows for sky class suites.  Do they have reserved seating?

In the past there was a section dedicated to suites/key/diamond plus/pinnacle.  This was implemented different in different venues.

Protocols are changing this for as long as protocols are with us.  Will they revert to old ways at some point?  Unknown.