Random question about room service

skittermagoo

So, I was perusing a recent Cruise Compass from Adventure of the Seas, and on Day 1, it says under dining notes that room-service breakfast is complimentary from 6am-11am, and that other times incur a charge. It doesn't say exactly when this applies, and it's not mentioned after the Day 1 CC. 

Does this mean that room-service breakfast is complimentary just for Day 1, or for the whole cruise? 

(and yeah, I know that this may not be the case at all when I cruise in January, but mainly I'm curious -- it seems like it would be a silly thing to offer complimentary room service breakfast only on a day that people won't even be on the ship at the time it's offered, but I'm also conditioned to look at the small print)

11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not sure how they're doing it since the restart but in the past room service for "continental" breakfast was always free of charge.  Any cooked meal incurred a service charge unless you're in a Grand Suite or higher, in which case room service was complimentary.

Same now after restart

49 minutes ago, skittermagoo said:

Wait, what is this? We can have coffee delivered to the stateroom in the morning? Please tell me more!

Yep! There's a door hanger in your room that you can fill in opting in for coffee/pastries fruit along with the time you'd like it to arrive in the morning. You fill in all the requested information and hang it on your door at night before you go to sleep. As @Pooch mentions, a tip is customary (usually $2-3). 

I've often used this as my "alarm clock", as you'll get a phone call when your coffee is headed your way. Makes for a nice way to wake up slowly and specifically, watch the ship glide in to port in your PJs! 

Yep! There's a door hanger in your room that you can fill in opting in for coffee/pastries fruit along with the time you'd like it to arrive in the morning. You fill in all the requested information and hang it on your door at night before you go to sleep. As @Pooch mentions, a tip is customary (usually $2-3). 

I've often used this as my "alarm clock", as you'll get a phone call when your coffee is headed your way. Makes for a nice way to wake up slowly and specifically, watch the ship glide in to port in your PJs! 

There should actually be a public service warning on those door hangers. Something like…Warning! Having morning coffee and pastries delivered to your cabin so that you can sit and consume them on your balcony while the ship glides through the water can be extremely habit forming and result in your becoming hopelessly addicted to cruising! 😎

There should actually be a public service warning on those door hangers. Something like…Warning! Having morning coffee and pastries delivered to your cabin so that you can sit and consume them on your balcony while the ship glides through the water can be extremely habit forming and result in your becoming hopelessly addicted to cruising! 😎

LOL - this is honestly one of the things I am looking forward to most. I love watching cruise ship arrivals/departures from a top deck or my balcony. 

13 hours ago, BrianB said:

I’m on Oasis now. We have the door hangers and it shows the Continental breakfast is free…but the American breakfast has a $7.95 fee per room with an 18% gratuity additional added to the check.

Quoting myself for an update...

The cruise compass for day 2 shows all breakfast from room service is free. Apparently the door hangers had been printed before the change.