Bar Harbor excursion rescheduled

Thomasbeau

My wife and I were a little bummed out yesterday. We are taking the "Lobster Boat Experience" excursion on October 4th. However, we booked a tour with the local company Acadia Park Tours in the morning and the lobster boat in the afternoon. Well, Royal Caribbean switched us to the morning trip and now we can't fit the Acadia tour into our day. Not very happy as the local tour looked much better than the RCCL tour. But what can you do? Can't risk missing the boat when it pulls out of Bar Harbor.

Tom   :(

That"s the beauty of a ship excursion. They don"t miss the boat and if they do they get you to the next port on their dime.  Now my travel agent only uses excursions that guarantee if they miss they the boat they pay to get you to the next port.   As for on your own which we are doing in 4 ports in Europe next week it is something that you and the tour company have to work out and that can be somewhat concerning.  On the other hand it is very very rare that passengers miss a ship departure.  Personally we have never done 2 tours in one day either.  I say for piece of mind only do the ship tour.  And contact the other tour to see what they can do for you as well.  Tour operators are quite good about making things happen for their guests.  One of our tours in 2 weeks  in Santorini, Greece is sending a car to get us back to the dock at 2:30 rather than 3:30  because the last tender leaves the dock at 4:00.  I used that as an example of how accommodating tour operators can be.    

Call and ask why the change was made. Perhaps you can be switched back. My fear, however, is that demand was light so they opted to only run one tour. I've had this happen before where they advertised two tour times only to arrive onboard to only find one offered.

• 2 weeks later...