People in on board pools limited?

Funeegal

I've seen on other RCL message boards (even though this is the best one and most reliable by far) that RCL is limiting the number of people in the pools on board to 7-9.  Has anyone seen this and/or can this be confirmed?  I don't know if this is for the hot tubs, pools, or both.

We were on the 8/7 Adventure sailing and didn't notice any enforcement of this "policy", but that doesn't mean it isn't in play today.

Thanks.

We didn't notice any enforcement of this on Independence last week.  However, the pools were generally fairly empty so they may not have needed to.  Definitely saw more than 10 on a couple occasions, but everyone was still fairly spread out.  The hot tubs had signs to limit the use to 'your party only'. 

On 9/8/2021 at 12:32 PM, LovetoCruise87 said:

We were on Allure two weeks ago and I didn't notice any limits on the number of people in the pools.

Hi. How was it? Was there a difference than pre-pandemic? I am going in Dec, can't wait, first time on RC let alone Allure, but wanted to see if cruising is "obviously" different where it doesn't make it "as" fun. Does that make sense?

9 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Hi. How was it? Was there a difference than pre-pandemic? I am going in Dec, can't wait, first time on RC let alone Allure, but wanted to see if cruising is "obviously" different where it doesn't make it "as" fun. Does that make sense?

I'm on Allure right now and it's a more subdued environment, mostly because of the reduced capacity. It doesn't bother me and I will gladly deal with the annoyance of masks to sail without the crowds and lines. It's really what you make of it and your attitude going into it. The gratitude that the crew has towards you supporting the industry and helping keep them employed goes a long way. No one on board seems to be having a bad time at all.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm on Allure right now and it's a more subdued environment, mostly because of the reduced capacity. It doesn't bother me and I will gladly deal with the annoyance of masks to sail without the crowds and lines. It's really what you make of it and your attitude going into it. The gratitude that the crew has towards you supporting the industry and helping keep them employed goes a long way. No one on board seems to be having a bad time at all.

Thank you for the info. Hope you are having a great time. I love the idea of having reduced capacity. 

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm on independence. I could not have said it  better. Thanks Ashley 😊 

We just got off the Symphony of the Seas with 2000 people onboard.  We never went into the pool, but the hot tubs have a sign that says max 5 people.   For the 7 days onboard I was in a tub with at most 3 people.   I wouldn't worry too much about the limit unless they start ramping up the capacity.

1 hour ago, Cirasa said:

We just got off the Symphony of the Seas with 2000 people onboard.  We never went into the pool, but the hot tubs have a sign that says max 5 people.   For the 7 days onboard I was in a tub with at most 3 people.   I wouldn't worry too much about the limit unless they start ramping up the capacity.

We have a Christmas sailing on Allure this Dec, and the wife and daughter like to spend a fair amount of time in them

1 hour ago, Cirasa said:

By Dec they likely will be back at full capacity (crew said RCL is aiming Nov), so yeah the pool will always be packed during normal capacity unfortunately.

How is it managed? Is there a line or reservations .How long do you get until you have to leave?

On 9/9/2021 at 3:12 PM, Jennifer Burke said:

Cruising is better then ever right now. I know it’s not realistic for it to stay this way but the reduced capacity is an absolute pleasure (IMHO mask restrictions = acceptable trade off). 

11 hours ago, Srp431 said:

How is it managed? Is there a line or reservations .How long do you get until you have to leave?

Honestly I'm not sure how they enforce the max. limit for pools and hot tubs (there aren't lines or reservations).  I don't use the pool but I think just like the chairs by the pool they are first come first served.  I think naturally if people see the pool and the hot tubs are full they just don't go in.