Private Journeys - communication

wannabecruiseexpert

For those of you who have booked through Private Journeys, how was your communication with the agent? On average, it's taking about a week to get a reply to an email and it's starting to get old. My last communication was choosing one of the options from their proposal and asking how I book it/pay for it and once again, it's been almost a week. Just wondering if this is the norm.

In my experience, yes -- communications tend to be a bit slow. Not sure if it's because they have tight staff with tons of passengers they're managing, or some other reason, but patience with replies is definitely needed.

Is your sailing still some time off? They might be prioritizing communication with near-in passengers where time is more of the essence. My own communications were many months before scheduled sail date, so I didn't have a problem with going several days to a week between emails.

In my experience, yes -- communications tend to be a bit slow. Not sure if it's because they have tight staff with tons of passengers they're managing, or some other reason, but patience with replies is definitely needed.

Is your sailing still some time off? They might be prioritizing communication with near-in passengers where time is more of the essence. My own communications were many months before scheduled sail date, so I didn't have a problem with going several days to a week between emails.

We are 27 days out. I did receive an email right after I posted this from what appeared to be the person's personal email address that said their computer wasn't working and they were waiting on IT to fix it. So maybe that was the issue. I'm not going to lie but it did seem a little weird that it came from a non-rccl email address.

Would calling be easier?  Or do they have long hold times and you don't have time?  Just wondering if it's an option. 

I really hate calling people - If I'm ordering takeout from somewhere, I will only choose places that have an online order option 🤣 but I may have to go this route in a week or so. 

We are 27 days out. I did receive an email right after I posted this from what appeared to be the person's personal email address that said their computer wasn't working and they were waiting on IT to fix it. So maybe that was the issue. I'm not going to lie but it did seem a little weird that it came from a non-rccl email address.

I really hate calling people - If I'm ordering takeout from somewhere, I will only choose places that have an online order option 🤣 but I may have to go this route in a week or so. 

you might get a faster answer to your questions this way.