Royal Caribbean Optum Store - Testing Kits Available

KLA

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Absolutely do NOT count on this.

And this is exactly why.  I'd be making a contingency Plan A - Z to get tested everywhere 😂

Yep - I wasn't counting on it. On hold with Royal - first person had absolutely no idea what I was talking about so I asked to escalate. Might just be looking in to testing at FLL airport. 

@Shari - confirmed, Royal has no idea what I'm talking about. 

6 minutes ago, KLA said:

Yep - I wasn't counting on it. On hold with Royal - first person had absolutely no idea what I was talking about so I asked to escalate. Might just be looking in to testing at FLL airport. 

@Shari - confirmed, Royal has no idea what I'm talking about. 

Thankfully this was my backup plan.  Our local CVS does travel testing and I will schedule for the 2 days before when that date opens up on CVS reserved times.  I also sent an email to Optum support.  If I hear anything I will let you know.

19 minutes ago, KLA said:

Probably the safest bet since you will be there anyways and can wait for results.  If you were to go with Walgreens or CVS tests (if you can find an appointment) you still have to worry that the results are delayed or messed up.  Plus if you don't have your own transportation to go to the testing appointment it gets awkward.

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Probably the safest bet since you will be there anyways and can wait for results.  If you were to go with Walgreens or CVS tests (if you can find an appointment) you still have to worry that the results are delayed or messed up.  Plus if you don't have your own transportation to go to the testing appointment it gets awkward.

Yeah.. we're flying in to FLL two days early so we'll have to Uber?

They also told me that it was within 48 hours of departure, not 2 calendar days. 

I have two AG home tests so we would theoretically be okay - but I'm going to schedule something anyway in an abundance of caution. 

5 minutes ago, KLA said:

Or just buy the eMed 6 pack of Ag card tests and trust that the expiration date extension is as expected?

True. I have been holding off on buying a 6 pack for the expiration date reason.  I don't have another cruise until November at this point but I have a lot of them next year.

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

True. I have been holding off on buying a 6 pack for the expiration date reason.  I don't have another cruise until November at this point but I have a lot of them next year.

We have one in just over two weeks and one in January - I have two tests that are within the expiration window based on the PDF that's been floating around but I hesitate to rely on just that. 

I'm going to get us set up at a CVS an Uber away from our hotel to hopefully get our testing done the day before our cruise and I'm going to keep our telehealth tests on hand as backup. Doing everything I can to avoid another cancelled vacation. 

2 hours ago, KLA said:

Yeah.. we're flying in to FLL two days early so we'll have to Uber?

They also told me that it was within 48 hours of departure, not 2 calendar days. 

I have two AG home tests so we would theoretically be okay - but I'm going to schedule something anyway in an abundance of caution. 

47 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

So if the cruise doesn't leave port until 6 pm Saturday, you can't test before 6 pm Thursday?

The 48 hour “advice” you were given was absolutely incorrect. It’s been stated quite clearly on the Royal website and has been unwavering, it is 2 calendar days 

2 hours ago, KLA said:

Update 2 - waited to talk to support for maybe 10 minutes, got in touch with someone and shared my order number. 

Said that the order was still in packing for some reason but didn't know why, directed straight over to escalation team and placed me on hold. 

SOLUTION: Due to shortages completely out of their hands, they are supposedly going to offer to test at the port. I was given a number to call to arrange this. Will follow up. 

@Shari - hope this helps! @Matt - maybe not worth reporting on, but will offer more info. 

Update 3- Royal has no idea what I'm talking about. So this appears to be false?

Remember when you are talking to Optum, they have NOTHING to do with Royal Caribbean, anything they tell you regarding cruise line operations can not be relied upon. 

7 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Remember when you are talking to Optum, they have NOTHING to do with Royal Caribbean, anything they tell you regarding cruise line operations can not be relied upon. 

Yep, that was my main takeaway. 

Alternate testing arrangements are going to be made via CVS in Hollywood Beach, but still going to hope my telehealth tests show up in time. 

So a now show for my 4 pack test from  Optum ordered last Wed. (9/8). No response to my email sent to support.  Just implemented plan B at a cost of $190 (not counting the $140 for the non-received kits) for an appointment at a location 45 miles away on Sept. 29. two days before our Oct. 1st cruise out of Seattle. 

Having invested $330 so far for this test - I would pay Celebrity (RCL)  and additional $100/person to have them do the testing at the port. 

1 minute ago, rcdave said:

So a now show for my 4 pack test from  Optum ordered last Wed. (9/8). No response to my email sent to support.  Just implemented plan B at a cost of $190 (not counting the $140 for the non-received kits) for an appointment at a location 45 miles away on Sept. 29. two days before our Oct. 1st cruise out of Seattle. 

Having invested $330 so far for this test - I would pay Celebrity (RCL)  and additional $100/person to have them do the testing at the port. 

They didn't respond to my email, either - but calling was pretty quick. Wait time wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it could end up being. They might have options around refunding if they aren't confident that your kits will arrive by the time you sail. 

11 minutes ago, KLA said:

All of this experience is confirming why I use a TA and avoid calling Royal whenever I can. 

https://www.coralsprings.org/News-Articles/NOMI-Testing

Here's another option in the Ft. Lauderdale area for free testing.  You can schedule ahead of time for the testing.

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

https://www.coralsprings.org/News-Articles/NOMI-Testing

Here's another option in the Ft. Lauderdale area for free testing.  You can schedule ahead of time for the testing.

I actually think I'm going to go through CVS (and don't require us to drive thru like Walgreens) - they open their slots 2 weeks out and have their tests labelled as "rapid antigen". I'm going to hop on early on Sunday and schedule for the Saturday (day before) we board the ship. It'll be a quick Uber for us. My Rapid AG Card kits will be our Plan B. 

I ordered my three pack on Sept 1st with "Free Expedited 2 day" Fedex shipping.  They finally arrived on Sept. 9th and there were only two in the pack.  One of them was crushed and the box was popped open so I was concerned because of the big red square stating in bold letters "DO NOT OPEN until instructed to do so.  I called and was very quickly and politely told that they would rush a third kit and a replacement kit for the one that was crushed.  Two days later I received a package with the replacement kits.  They are very helpful when you call them.

2 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

I ordered my three pack on Sept 1st with "Free Expedited 2 day" Fedex shipping.  They finally arrived on Sept. 9th and there were only two in the pack.  One of them was crushed and the box was popped open so I was concerned because of the big red square stating in bold letters "DO NOT OPEN until instructed to do so.  I called and was very quickly and politely told that they would rush a third kit and a replacement kit for the one that was crushed.  Two days later I received a package with the replacement kits.  They are very helpful when you call them.

I agree with this - even with the big delay, the customer support representative I spoke with at Optum was incredibly kind and helpful and the wait wasn't terribly long. 

23 hours ago, KLA said:

Still probably going to schedule a time slot in at CVS as Plan C backup. 

Because of their shipment slip-ups, I'm now in possession of four test kits. Originally, they only sent me a two-pack. So I called, and the rep sent me an additional via overnight. And then I get an email from the Optum Store telling me that because of a shipping issue, they had only sent part of my order -- so they were going to send me the other test that didn't arrive with the first two. So now, I have a primary and a back-up for my currently scheduled cruises through December. I'm considering scheduling another, though, so either way, I'm covered.

That being said, I also just scheduled a test with CVS for the Friday before I head to port for a Sunday cruise. With my ability to cruise riding on getting this test just right, I'm all about redundancy.

And for those needing to deal with Optum customer service, I definitely agree that calling is the way to go. Very little wait, and they were very responsive. Of course, as we all know, YMMV.

19 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

I ordered my three pack on Sept 1st with "Free Expedited 2 day" Fedex shipping.  They finally arrived on Sept. 9th and there were only two in the pack.  One of them was crushed and the box was popped open

THIS is exactly my my concern with Optum using FedEx. EVERYTIME I have a delivery issue, it is with FedEx! 

FedEx has been late MANY times with various time sensitive orders, including one that was re-routed to Paris, France after it reached Nashville, TN (What?). I've had two items completely destroyed in transit followed by a "sorry" message routed to me through the vendor who then had to send me replacements.

Most recently (two weeks ago), one item was tracked as being in their transportation hub 125 miles from my house for SIX DAYS with the excuse that they were "experiencing delays due to unprecedented volume". Meanwhile, two of their competitors (the brown trucks and a govt. entity) were each able to deliver items to me from much further away in 2 days and 3 days respectively.

4 hours ago, Shari said:

I got my 4 test kits; however, the expiration date is 5 October 2021.  I hope that the 6 month extension is correct because I cannot take the test before 8 October 2021!

There’s a PDF floating around where you should be able to double check the lot numbers, but we should be good. Mine are late Sept, but with the extension will be Dec. 

Again, hanging on to that CVS appointment juuuuuuust in case for peace of mind. 

@SpeedNoodles Maybe you can sell to someone who is cruising soon. I was hoping mines were at least going to be good until the 8th of Jan as I have 12 and really only need 10. This is based on the 2 test per person rule. I sail again on the 10th of Jan and my tests expires 3 days before the cut off. Thankfully here in Chicago, Covid test are pretty easy to schedule.

35 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SpeedNoodles Maybe you can sell to someone who is cruising soon. I was hoping mines were at least going to be good until the 8th of Jan as I have 12 and really only need 10. This is based on the 2 test per person rule. I sail again on the 10th of Jan and my tests expires 3 days before the cut off. Thankfully here in Chicago, Covid test are pretty easy to schedule.

I'll have to see if that's a possibility.  It'll work for my October cruise, but the next one is the end of January and they'll be expired by then.  I didn't expect the tests to be a year old already when we got them.  Lame.