Royal Caribbean Optum Store - Testing Kits Available

KLA

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

One thing to remember with the proctored tests. You can use them on your own as a peace of mind test. Just that result wouldn't count since it wasn't proctored.

There's nothing special about the test itself in those kits compared to the other at-home tests. Just you pay extra for the paperwork trail.

Especially if you’re flying in early and will need to take the two-day-before test after your arrival. Makes sense to take an at home, non-proctored test before you fly in. The cheaper test is good for that. Better to know if your positive at home before you start traveling…

16 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Especially if you’re flying in early and will need to take the two-day-before test after your arrival. Makes sense to take an at home, non-proctored test before you fly in. The cheaper test is good for that. Better to know if your positive at home before you start traveling…

In our case, we're flying in to the FLL area 2 days before our cruise so we're planning on doing the proctored test in the hotel - which makes for a great option for us since we aren't getting a rental car and I wasn't sure where to go in the Hollywood Beach area. We'll have a spare test with us, too, in case anything goes wrong. 

We'll test again when we get back home as well. 

Good thing I didn't order my test just before my cruise. It's the estimated delivery date and it hasn't even shipped yet. I get that they're probably flooded with orders, but this does not inspire confidence. Has anybody else ordered through the "Royal Caribbean Storefront" and gotten their orders yet?

1 minute ago, Chadster said:

Good thing I didn't order my test just before my cruise. It's the estimated delivery date and it hasn't even shipped yet. I get that they're probably flooded with orders, but this does not inspire confidence. Has anybody else ordered through the "Royal Caribbean Storefront" and gotten their orders yet?

I wound up ordering a couple, and mine also do not appear to have shipped. 

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

That price is crazy! Maybe a friend on the US side could order and ship to you? The box is very, very lightweight.

I thought about that but because you have to register before you buy I would have to put my address as if I lived in the US (would this be misleading?). The other issue would be when it crosses the boarder not sure it's legal to import Covid tests... you have to declare the contents.

Hopefully they will come up with a cheaper solution.... 

11 hours ago, Rob&Ana said:

you have to register before you buy

While I am not advocating one way or another, I don't believe the test kits themselves are linked to your account directly when you purchase them. I ordered the six pack directly from eMed a couple of weeks ago for our upcoming October cruise. My wife and I did a test run yesterday and there were no issues with her using it. 

When you connect with them during the test, you scan a bar code inside the box and that gets linked to the Navica account you set up/log in with, so it gets linked at that time. I have read elsewhere of families buying the six pack for their extended family joining on the cruise, and I haven't heard of any issues.

53 minutes ago, mathbees said:

While I am not advocating one way or another, I don't believe the test kits themselves are linked to your account directly when you purchase them. I ordered the six pack directly from eMed a couple of weeks ago for our upcoming October cruise. My wife and I did a test run yesterday and there were no issues with her using it. 

When you connect with them during the test, you scan a bar code inside the box and that gets linked to the Navica account you set up/log in with, so it gets linked at that time. I have read elsewhere of families buying the six pack for their extended family joining on the cruise, and I haven't heard of any issues.

I don’t believe they are licensed to proctor exams in any country other then the USA, I don’t know how this would come into play with the Canadian citizens. 

3 hours ago, DJnKy said:

Are you guys scanning the code with your phone? Does this qr code then load the navica app?

I scanned it with my phone, but it then asked me to use the computer instead. There must be a way to use the phone, but I just switched to the computer anyway.  They should make the process more obvious since they make a big deal about using the app.

17 hours ago, mathbees said:

Thanks, I thought they were linked to the buyer of the test. So its actually linked to the app Navica? Does the app require you to put in your home address?

Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, Rob&Ana said:

the buyer of the test. So its actually linked to the app Navica? Does the app require you to put in your home address?

Yes, the app requires a home address. Also, I think I may have listed my wife as a "user" when I purchased the 6-pack, but I don't remember for sure if I did. Technically, it is a prescription, so it is possible they are tracking it more carefully than it appears, at first glance. 

Also, just a heads-up: I ordered a 3-pack and only received the 2-pack. They're shipping me the third one expedited, so I'll likely get it later this week. For me, the wait isn't a big deal because with the 2-pack I received, I have a test for my Sept. 26 cruise and a backup in case something goes wrong -- or, more hopefully, a test for my Christmas Eve cruise. The third is basically a back-up in either case, since I'll be on a B2B from Dec. 24 to Jan. 9, so I'll get the test for leg 2 onboard direct from Royal.

I'm guessing I'm not the first it's happened to, because the rep told me "I know we're shipping out single tests at no additional...well...anything...expedited." Customer service was quick, helpful, and didn't try to give me a run-around, and I appreciate that.

Good thing I didn't need this in timely fashion. Two days astern and no delivery...  Mot even shipped from what I can tell? See a disclaimer now in place pushing it to three, that wasn't there before...

It arrived...  My sister went and got me the un monitored one in the mean time (she knew I needed  but not that it had to be the be the proctored one...) . Bless her little heart...

I thought the tests being offered through the Optum store were more expensive than ordering directly from eMed because they had a much later expiration date. It also seems their delivery is somewhat bumpy. I ordered my six pack from eMed, received a confirmation email…and another when they shipped. They arrived quickly. No issues.
What is the benefit by ordering them from Optum?

I thought the tests being offered through the Optum store were more expensive than ordering directly from eMed because they had a much later expiration date. It also seems their delivery is somewhat bumpy. I ordered my six pack from eMed, received a confirmation email…and another when they shipped. They arrived quickly. No issues.
What is the benefit by ordering them from Optum?

I think Optum offers them in smaller packs than eMed, about the only benefit really if you don't need 6 tests.

1 hour ago, KLA said:

Still nothing, no updates. Reached out to support via email - we'll see if they show up! 

I ordered 2 of the 2 packs last Wednesday.  They were supposed to arrive by Friday.  On Friday got an email saying Monday the 13th.  Nothing on Monday so still am waiting for my 3 business day shipment.

1 minute ago, Shari said:

I ordered 2 of the 2 packs last Wednesday.  They were supposed to arrive by Friday.  On Friday got an email saying Monday the 13th.  Nothing on Monday so still am waiting for my 3 business day shipment.

Awesome - relieved to see it isn't just me (not that I need these for a couple more weeks anyway). I'll let you know if I hear anything back from support. 

I recently read that a couple of large companies ordered massive stock of these test and it is causing delays for us little folks. On top of that is all the new RCG/other cruise line customers ordering, hoping to get in time to meet the 2 day testing window.

I ordered mines through Emed because I am traveling with a party of 5, so I needed the 6pk. I received lots of confirmation and ships emails. Order on the 3rd and received on the 7th because of Labor day. Even then I heard Optum was a bit slower on delivery. 

Update 2 - waited to talk to support for maybe 10 minutes, got in touch with someone and shared my order number. 

Said that the order was still in packing for some reason but didn't know why, directed straight over to escalation team and placed me on hold. 

SOLUTION: Due to shortages completely out of their hands, they are supposedly going to offer to test at the port. I was given a number to call to arrange this. Will follow up. 

@Shari - hope this helps! @Matt - maybe not worth reporting on, but will offer more info. 

Update 3- Royal has no idea what I'm talking about. So this appears to be false?

12 minutes ago, KLA said:

SOLUTION: Due to shortages completely out of their hands, they are going to offer to test at the port. I was given a number to call to arrange this. Will follow up. 

Absolutely do NOT count on this.

13 minutes ago, KLA said:

Update 3- Royal has no idea what I'm talking about. So this appears to be false?

And this is exactly why.  I'd be making a contingency Plan A - Z to get tested everywhere 😂