First Debarkation with Facial Recognition Customs and 2 Kids (5y & 6m)

TxCr

Sunday we left Independence of the Seas in Galveston and it was the first time using the facial recognition at Customs with our kids.  What a process!  After debarking the ship, we walked to the terminal where they asked if we all had passports.  After receiving high 5's for having one for the baby (our 6m old daughter had her C&A number before leaving the hospital 🤣 ),  we walked to the facial scanners. My wife went to one and they had me go to another so I could help with the kids after she was done.  Our recognition was nearly instant, as expected.  What I did not expect was it to work almost flawlessly for our children.  The only slight hiccup was having to lift them up higher so the scanner could pick them up.  I picked up my son and then my wife and I, on each side of the stroller, picked up our daughter so the scanner could see her face.  While gnawing on her hand, it recognized her and we proceeded to collect our bags and walk straight out the door.