Do the ships ever arrive to a destination port early?

Overstim

I have been aboard when we arrived at an itinerary port early due to a medical emergency. It was considered too dangerous to try an evac either by boat or helo. But the ship stuck to the disembarkation time. No one was allowed off until the regularly scheduled time. Of course, the ship needed to be cleared by local authorities who probably weren’t available that early. I assume the dock workers who had to be there to tie us up had to be called in early. But we still left the port at the regular departure time.

Plus, I have been aboard where we had to dock at our disembarkation port the evening before our scheduled arrival. Once was due to an approaching storm and the tide schedule in the Hudson River. But we had to remain on board. It was weird being tied up in Manhattan, looking at my car in the parking lot, and not being able to leave until the next morning. The opposite happened on the Anthem. We had to divert for a medical emergency and that caused us to arrive back a day late. We tied up that evening but had to stay aboard until the next morning. That caused a delay at the port for a Celebrity ship the next day as there is only the one berth.