Pre Cruise Testing in Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Beach?

KLA

Hi All! 

In a weird turn of life events - it looks like I'll be boarding Odyssey at the start of October! 

With that, we're flying in to FLL 2 days early - which based on new guidelines, looks like we'll need to get a test ahead of the port. No big deal for us, but wanted to see if there were any locals that could offer some guidance on where we can get this done? I know there's tons of testing locations and this is probably just as easily Googled but wanted to confirm with locals where would be the best places to go for the quickest/correct documentation to take to the port?

... and now that I've crawled completely out from under the rock I've been living under, I will be buying one of the at-home supervised testing kits projected to be released in a couple days. 🙂 Problem solved! 

Anyway, hi everyone! Happy to accept any Odyssey advice you have. We booked the day pass for Coco Beach Club at a great price, as well as unlimited dining and the refresh package already. The ship is the main destination for us, so probably not going to be doing much in ports - but thinking about maybe hitting Paradise Beach in Cozumel? Maybe? (but a quiet Solarium sounds amazing...)

Just got back from Odyssey Sept 5th Sailing and the Ship was definitely the destination @KLA. Not sure if you have done the UDP before or not but we took advantage of it and while we loved all of the restaurants onboard it was the most I think I have ever eaten on a cruise. So we did feel like it zapped some of our energy as we tried to have lunch in Gio's and Chops on top of getting sushi several times for myself. Overall great experience.

All the food was amazing as I said but I guess what surprised us the most was how good Giovanni's reimagined menu and concept was. We initially only were going to go for a lunch since it did strike us as pretty casual but the food was out of this world and we went back for dinner on the Last night. We had Pavlo as our server and I would recommend him for sure!

Otherwise just have a wonderful time and make sure to get some grub at Playmakers as well!

Thanks so much for the great advice @CruizIan!! We are definitely looking forward to Giovanni's kitchen, and equally intimidated by the amount of food we've committed to! We have gym goals included to (hopefully) offset some of that - haha! 

We have a few Royal Up offers out as well - so then if we end up mixing Coastal Kitchen in to that I'll be packing some extra gym clothes 😅🤣

FYI for those that still need this info: A quick search on the Google map shows several places that offer testing near Port Everglades.

I was looking at this since we will be staying in this immediate area  of 17th Street for our January cruise on Odyssey. I'm sure that with the proximity to the port and the many hotels nearby that many other members stay in this area pre-cruise too. The red pins are places that offer testing.

I'm still weighing our options:
1. Getting tested with the at-home kit
2. Making an appointment for the testing center at FLL airport
3. Going to a test site near our hotel.
(4? Is getting a test at the port an option?)

image.png.91279b813308115225d3b85828120e7b.png

• 3 weeks later...

We're sailing out of Ft Lauderdale in January, so just starting to look at my options.  Thanks @SPS for this graphic.  I'm sure the requirements will change 10 times between now and then, but I'm in the "always prepared" category of cruiser so I need to have a spreadsheet of every possible option months in advance.  😄