2 ocean view balcony rooms vs. 1 family balcony room

starbrat

So we saved a ton from periodically checking our SC suite price.  We decided to use the savings and pay for six of our family members to come on the cruise on the oasis later next year. A couple questions.

1. 2 ocean view balcony rooms means 2 bathrooms. What is the advantage of getting a family balcony room? Trying to see what would work best for the family.  We are booking and paying for my husband’s brother and family.  A mom and dad with 2 teenagers and a tween and our mother in law. 6 total. 

2. If I book and pay will it go toward my crown and anchor points?

3. Will I have to skip the Star Class check in and check in with the family that I booked and paid for non suite rooms? (my immediate family is traveling SC and would like to avoid the long lines )

TIA 

I have never been in a family balcony so I can't help you there.

2.  No.  The C&A points go to the guests on the booking not the person who paid.

3.  Yes, if you want to remain with the non-SC pax, you would miss the SC check-in process.  Personally, I would tell them "see you on the other side"....b/c SC check-in is one of the best perks of all.  They are pretty strict on allowing only SC to check in at the SC desk.  Is there a chance that they would be allowed to proceed through SC check-in ?  Yes...a remote one....but personally I would not want to put the Genie in a position of having to either disappoint you or violate the rules.

Also keep in mind that all SC amenities are for SC only so the non-SC pax would not be able to enjoy reserved seating, etc.  They certainly can join you for specialty restaurant dining, but they would be required to pay for it.  Maybe the UDP for them would be a good idea.....then there wouldn't be awkwardness about paying for specialty meals.

So we tried to get both rooms that were next to each other and then they could open up the balcony. Right when i’m dishing out my credit card to RC she says I can not. Apparently  One of the balcony rooms had a crib in it 🤷‍♀️ we had to have a baby in the room to book that room. First time ever hearing about that lol. I bought them the ultra spacious ocean view balcony room. They are going to have fun running around on the ship and having a blast. Yes it’s one bathroom. 😕  I think they will be fine. They just want to get on the ship. It’s my husband’s immediate family. It will legit be a family reunion. In addition his other  older brother is getting a room as well. His mom is going to be on the cruise as well. I’m excited to have everyone cruising. Everyone is on “my time dining” and free to do whatever. Very relaxed schedule just chilling. 💪🏻 

13 hours ago, Funeegal said:

For what it's worth, you can go to the Vitality Fitness Center and use their showers to help out with the single bathroom issue.  The showers there are larger than in a room anyway.  

I was thinking this. Does Oasis charge to use the spa showers?