Re-booking to get a reduced price

miles4us2go

HI,

So, I have a cruise booked and I see that it's offered for a lower price this weekend. I have already purchased the drink/internet for the cruise, because it was 30% off this weekend.

If I rebook the cruise to get the lower price, does that mean that my drink and internet will have to be refunded and rebooked? I don't want to lose the sale price for the drink/internet.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, miles4us2go said:

HI,

So, I have a cruise booked and I see that it's offered for a lower price this weekend. I have already purchased the drink/internet for the cruise, because it was 30% off this weekend.

If I rebook the cruise to get the lower price, does that mean that my drink and internet will have to be refunded and rebooked? I don't want to lose the sale price for the drink/internet.

Thanks.

The repricing should not affect your cruise planner purchases.  

12 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The repricing should not affect your cruise planner purchases.

Yay! Thanks... I contacted my TA. She said RCCL told her that the reduced price was for NRD, so I sent her the screenshots showing her that the reduced price was not for NRD. She is calling back now.

Why is it that you (or your TA) can get differing answers from different RCCL reps??? The reduced price on the itemized list says it's a CAS offer. I asked my TA what that means and she said it means it's a cash offer.

I should hear back from her today.

Thanks for your answers. ( @FionaMG too. 😉)

I could be completely mistaken but I was under the impression that the CAS discount is from the Crown and Anchor Society. If that's the case, it shouldn't make any difference whether your booking is NRD or not. However, it's a well-documented fact that if you call Royal about something five times, you'll get five different answers. It would be worth asking your TA to call back.

The fact that your TA does not know what a CAS discount is should be a big red flag that you are not working with an experienced agent.  I would be watching that cruise and this site like a hawk to be sure you don’t miss anything.  And 30% off the drink package is pretty common “sale”.  I get that every 3 weeks or so since January.  Keep an eye there too.  If it goes lower you can cancel & repurchase.

21 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I could be completely mistaken but I was under the impression that the CAS discount is from the Crown and Anchor Society. 

@FionaMG You are correct. I am a Crown & Anchor Society member and all of my cruise bookings have "CAS discount" for Crown & Anchor discounts.  I went and checked my most recent bookings and that is how they are noted.

Before we learned how awesome a good travel agent is, we called to reprice one of our cruises. 

Because we used the words “rebook” instead of “reprice”, the rep was going to charge us a fee.  Once we realized that the word we used mattered, there was no fee. 

My point is, the words you say to the Royal rep matter, even if it seems silly. 

Now that we have a wonderful travel agent representing us, we don’t have to worry about word games  

8 minutes ago, emmef said:

@FionaMG You are correct. I am a Crown & Anchor Society member and all of my cruise bookings have "CAS discount" for Crown & Anchor discounts.  I went and checked my most recent bookings and that is how they are noted.

As I understand it, it's an extra one that turns up every few weeks or so for about a week at a time and then disappears again, a bit like the flash sales and instant savings. I've seen it pop up a few times in recent months.

I just got a text from TA, "It's done" So, I guess she was successful.

What path would you recommend to get a new TA? I remember following Jason Poole on Periscopers, and saw so much positive feed back about him, but I did a search and didn't find a link for him. Maybe is isn't doing it anymore.