Bringing wine from Port

taylorpn

On Royal Caribbean you can bring 2 bottles per stateroom at the beginning of your cruise. Anything purchased in port must be checked and you'll pick it up at the end.

I know people on here get down on Disney Cruise Line, but they do allow two bottles of wine per port, so there's that plus for them.

45 minutes ago, Sharla said:

On Royal Caribbean you can bring 2 bottles per stateroom at the beginning of your cruise. Anything purchased in port must be checked and you'll pick it up at the end.

I know people on here get down on Disney Cruise Line, but they do allow two bottles of wine per port, so there's that plus for them.

DCL will also allow you to take on beer.  So, say, in Nassau you could bring back a six pack of beer from Pirate Republic...

19 hours ago, Sharla said:

Thanks so much, yes we were on Disney twice and it seems their alcohol policy was a bit more liberal.

20 hours ago, Sharla said:

19 hours ago, karl_nj said:

DCL will also allow you to take on beer.  So, say, in Nassau you could bring back a six pack of beer from Pirate Republic...

31 minutes ago, taylorpn said:

Thanks so much, yes we were on Disney twice and it seems their alcohol policy was a bit more liberal.

I guess that’s one of the benefits of base fare being nearly doubled 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:51 PM, taylorpn said:

Used to be even more liberal. There were stories of people basically bringing a wet bar on board with them before the policy changed (right before the one time I went on a Disney cruise, naturally).

On 9/9/2021 at 12:36 AM, KWong said:

Used to be even more liberal. There were stories of people basically bringing a wet bar on board with them before the policy changed (right before the one time I went on a Disney cruise, naturally).

Cunard is still pretty much like this.  Officially it's a bottle of wine per person, but you can pretty much bring whatever you want onboard.  Extra wine, bottles of liquor, etc.  Same thing in the ports -- if you buy 6 bottles of rum in port, security doesn't take it from you.  You just take it to your room.