Transport from Venice to Porto Corsini Ravenna Italy

M First

On 9/27/2022 at 11:21 PM, FManke said:

The airport in Bologna is about an hour away and RC offers shuttle service to and from as it does to and from Venice.  We're flying into Venice and out of Bologna and airfare was about the same from either place. We decided to fly out of Bologna to cut the return trip to the airport by 2/3.

Happy Cruising!

Oh this is a good idea, do you know is there much difference with Milan, Ryan Air offer direct flights to Milan, Venice or Bologna are definite connecting flights for us.

Also, I couldnt find any infomation anywhere regarding transfers to/from airports, maybe that will come in time?

On 9/27/2022 at 6:57 PM, Xaa said:

I hate that your level of stress is high TheRobinsons, but you've got some time to figure it out.  I'm not sure it's fair to blame cruising for not being as simple as it appeared, I'm certain you knew that you would have to get to port to embark on your cruise.

This particular cruise appears to have some arrival challenges.  I know you'll get them worked out and have a great cruise.

It wasnt by any means to blame cruising, this is our first time, and I think, because it says Venice, you think ahh yeah that would probably be 20/30 minutes to port, but its 2 hours. So I just kinda was thinking from that perspective.  The other 'simples' i talk about, are the upsells of foods and drinks etc, it took a while to figure out for us that you dont HAVE to do this, you can Pay as You go 😄 etc.

We cruise on Explorer in September 2023, two 7 night B2B cruises. Flying from the UK, we are thinking about going to Bologna and staying overnight in a hotel before our cruise. The distance to Ravenna port from Bologna is about half the distance from Venice to the port and hopefully there would be a taxi available to take us to and from Bologna to Ravenna. A little too early to check this out at the moment but will start investigating next month. Will feed back to the forum if this option works for us.

32 minutes ago, Jim S said:

We cruise on Explorer in September 2023, two 7 night B2B cruises. Flying from the UK, we are thinking about going to Bologna and staying overnight in a hotel before our cruise. The distance to Ravenna port from Bologna is about half the distance from Venice to the port and hopefully there would be a taxi available to take us to and from Bologna to Ravenna. A little too early to check this out at the moment but will start investigating next month. Will feed back to the forum if this option works for us.

Would like an update as we are doing exactly the same B2B in Oct also flying from UK. We were thinking of flying into Bologna on sail date and flying back from Venice a couple of days after arrival of the 2nd week. Would be grateful for your flight plans when you manage to book please? 

7 hours ago, Jim S said:

We’re going on Explorer in October 2023.  7-nights, Ravenna to Rome. 

I’ve been watching prices for flights from Boston, Massachusetts to both Venice and Bologna over the past six months.  Venice seems to run cheaper, but as you said, it’s further from Venice to Ravenna than from Bologna.

As of right now, we are leaning toward taking a train to Ravenna regardless of which city we fly into and staying there the night before we embark.  There appears to be no direct train from Venice, while there is a direct one from Bologna, so that’s making us favor Bologna. 

Once flights become available to book, we’re going to have to make a decision.   We’d like to book early in case prices skyrocket as 2023 rolls along. 

Has anyone ever successfully booked a transfer JUST at the end from Ravenna to Tronchetto through RC in advance? I've seen the onboard letters that say it's possible and clearly people have done the round-trip, but no one on the phone at RC seems to think it is. And if so, did your transfer still leave early in the morning? 

On 10/10/2022 at 11:31 AM, squeemom said:

Has anyone ever successfully booked a transfer JUST at the end from Ravenna to Tronchetto through RC in advance? I've seen the onboard letters that say it's possible and clearly people have done the round-trip, but no one on the phone at RC seems to think it is. And if so, did your transfer still leave early in the morning? 

We booked a one way through our TA from Venice to Ravenna, so I'm pretty sure you can do the same. I'm not sure what your plans are, but you should only book the shuttle to Tronchetto, if you plan on staying in Venice. Otherwise, you should book the shuttle directly to the airport.

Happy Cruising!

If anybody is considering coming in early for a cruise in Ravenna, I might suggest staying in Ravenna for the night. Ravenna is a great town with a lot of Byzantine mosaics and a lot to do in a small area. We stayed in the middle of town, which was about a 20min, 25 Euro taxi ride to the port.

Happy Cruising!

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, teddy said:

We’re going on Explorer in October 2023.  7-nights, Ravenna to Rome. 

I’ve been watching prices for flights from Boston, Massachusetts to both Venice and Bologna over the past six months.  Venice seems to run cheaper, but as you said, it’s further from Venice to Ravenna than from Bologna.

As of right now, we are leaning toward taking a train to Ravenna regardless of which city we fly into and staying there the night before we embark.  There appears to be no direct train from Venice, while there is a direct one from Bologna, so that’s making us favor Bologna. 

Once flights become available to book, we’re going to have to make a decision.   We’d like to book early in case prices skyrocket as 2023 rolls along. 

We have just booked our flights from UK to Bologna the day before the cruise. British Airways prices were very reasonable. We have also booked to stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Bologna overnight and will travel to Ravenna Cruise Port by taxi or Uber on the morning of our cruise.

• 5 months later...

Hi I've got a cruise booked for October flying into vencie marco polo and sailing from revvenna Royal caribbean have added the transfers cost onto our invoice but not got any information on what time the transfer leaves the airport? Or where to collect it from

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, velosoh said:

has anyone booked a water taxi from Venice to the port on the morning of departure?...would be 2 of us and luggage from city center venice to the port

Venice and Porto Corsini really aren’t all that close.   There may be a ferry service that stops in Ravenna, but it would be a long trip.  

I suspect regular water taxis won’t go that far from Venice….not to mention the fact that the cost of one from the airport to city center is €100+ and Ravenna is a lot farther than the airport. 

If you booked your flights with RCCL they should have a transfer either from the City Center Tonchetto or the VCE aiport that you can book.  Other option is a private car transfer.  Can try options on Mozio.com But it is expensive.