Transport from Venice to Porto Corsini Ravenna Italy

M First

Shuttle update. So apparently, according to an email I just got from my TA, RC will not book an airport transfer from 2 different airports in advance. 🙄 We are flying into Venice, but out of Bologna. She could only book the trip from Venice to Bologna, and that we would have to book the transfer from Ravenna to Bologna once on board. She's going to investigate some more and get back to me. I'll pass the info along.

If I wanted to jump through this many hoops, I would have joined the circus.

Happy Cruising!

1 hour ago, Debe said:

We are staying in Venice near Piazza San Marco (which I thought was the city center) and would need to take a water transport to Isola Nova del Tronchetto for RCCL transport to the port.  I was told water transport was included by RCCL rep but I have been told numerous things by RCCL depending on the Rep you get on any given day.  So frustrating!

We are staying about a 5min walk from the Pizzale Roma tram station, so we will walk there and then take the people mover to Isola Nova del Tronchetto.

Happy Cruising!

3 hours ago, FManke said:

Shuttle update. So apparently, according to an email I just got from my TA, RC will not book an airport transfer from 2 different airports in advance. 🙄 We are flying into Venice, but out of Bologna. She could only book the trip from Venice to Bologna, and that we would have to book the transfer from Ravenna to Bologna once on board. She's going to investigate some more and get back to me. I'll pass the info along.

If I wanted to jump through this many hoops, I would have joined the circus.

Happy Cruising!

We had this same situation happen to us!! I swear it depends on the mood of the RC rep that you talk to 

2 hours ago, DennisM said:

Are water taxis an option for travel from Venice to Ravenna?

They're strictly for transportation in and around Venice. And even if they did, I'm not sure you'd want to foot the bill for the trip considering 126 Euros was the cheapest I could find for a water taxi just from Marco Polo Airport to Venice.

I booked transfer as well with Royal, it shows on my paperwork that I have transfers but they do not give time or location.  The representative simply said to look for RCI representative in the arrivals hall at Venice airport . 

I have called a few times to try and get more clarification as this also makes me nervous.  We arrive day before cruise and leave the day after.  

My party is departing the Brilliance of the Seas on September 2022 in Venice (Ravenna) port. We were able to get a shuttle through Royal Caribbean for $90 per person round trip from the Marco Polo Airport (VCE) to the port. Our flight leaves Venice at 12:15 pm. Wondering if this is enough time to get to the airport as this is the latest flight time that day. 

Update: returned last week from Rome to Venice cruise. We booked transportation directly with RC (had to call) from the port to Venice (the city, not the airport) after the cruise ended. It was $58/person for this one way trip. I believe there was an airport drop off option as well. 

Hi I have also had the same problem. The price was so expensive to get from our hotel to the port in Ravenna €819 one way! So I phoned royal Carribean today. There was two pick up points the airport (but only if u arrive that day) and isola nova del tronchetto (again doesn’t come up a train station when googled) which had a pick up at 9.00am and 11.00am but u have to arrive 30 mins prior to departure. This was £91pp for return journey. On looking at getting from the hotel to the train station it’s costing €181 one way. Anyone else done this and got any ideas on If it’s easier to get a water taxi or a land taxi? 

1 hour ago, Missnlv1984 said:

Hi I have also had the same problem. The price was so expensive to get from our hotel to the port in Ravenna €819 one way! So I phoned royal Carribean today. There was two pick up points the airport (but only if u arrive that day) and isola nova del tronchetto (again doesn’t come up a train station when googled) which had a pick up at 9.00am and 11.00am but u have to arrive 30 mins prior to departure. This was £91pp for return journey. On looking at getting from the hotel to the train station it’s costing €181 one way. Anyone else done this and got any ideas on If it’s easier to get a water taxi or a land taxi? 

The Isola Nova del Tronchetto is the people mover station near the cruise terminal in Venice. This is where the busses  leave from. I'm not sure where you are staying, but if you have access to the Vaporetto, you can take the #2 and there is a Tronchetto Mercato stop which would only be a short walk to the station. This would be your least expensive option. This is what we are doing in Oct.

Happy Cruising.

I am a party of two going on Brilliance of the Seas from Ravenna for the June 19- June 26 sailing. I was able to book an arrival transfer from the airport to the Ravenna port for $45 per person - I had prepared with a flight number (AA714 - departs from PHL at 7:10pm June 18th & arrives 9:25am June 19th to VCE) thanks to previous posts. I was also able to book a departure transfer from Ravenna port to Venice City Center for $58 per person. I did this through just calling the RCL number on their website and selecting option 4, then selecting how I booked my cruise. The agent I was connected with was very helpful.

Our plan is to be in Venice a day early, make our way back to the airport via the bus on the day of the cruise. 

This website was very helpful in helping me to plan how to get to and from the airport: https://wanderwisdom.com/travel-destinations/How-to-get-from-Marco-Polo-Airport-to-Venice 
He explains all possible modes of transportation thoroughly and answers all questions asked in detail. 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:33 PM, SaraFaella said:

Same trip as us!!! Me and my son are going on this cruise as well on May 22nd. I've linked up with a travel agent since booking the cruise. I am wondering what options she will come up with. Are you arriving a day early?

How way your experience with Daytrip?

4 hours ago, JHM said:

Has anyone on this thread gone on the trip yet and experienced successful transfers?  How did you do it? 

Yes, we were on the May 29th Brilliance cruise out of Ravenna.

We booked with Get Transfers from Piazzale Roma (Venice bus station) to Porto Corsini.   Communication was a little disjointed but we found our driver and made it to the cruise an hour earlier than expected.

At end of cruise, we planned to take a cab from Porto Corsini to Ravenna train station but during the cruise the Cruise Compass advertised shuttle bus transport to the train station for $10 per person.  We signed up for that and everything worked great.  It took less than 5 minutes to walk off the ship and wait in the shuttle bus line.   

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have already used the RCCL transfer from the airport to the port, did you have to show anything to board the bus?  We paid for the shuttle from the airport even though we arrive a couple days prior.  The agent we spoke to said it's not a problem, we just have to meet the rep outside of door #3 for our 11a shuttle.  It shows on our invoice that we paid for this but other than that we didn't receive anything.  I also wonder how long it takes to get to the ship?  We are sailing on Sept. 18th so we check in the beginning of August and I have no idea what time we will even arrive at the port.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 4:35 AM, Va4fam said:

Yes, we were on the May 29th Brilliance cruise out of Ravenna.

We booked with Get Transfers from Piazzale Roma (Venice bus station) to Porto Corsini.   Communication was a little disjointed but we found our driver and made it to the cruise an hour earlier than expected.

At end of cruise, we planned to take a cab from Porto Corsini to Ravenna train station but during the cruise the Cruise Compass advertised shuttle bus transport to the train station for $10 per person.  We signed up for that and everything worked great.  It took less than 5 minutes to walk off the ship and wait in the shuttle bus line.   

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Hey! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

I'm cruising in October but trying to figure all of these by now. 

What time should we be at the port? What I mean is: at what time did you leave Venice to get to the port?
And on the way back, more or less at what time are you leaving the ship? (so I can buy the retourn tickets)
Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, Mimi25 said:

Hey! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

I'm cruising in October but trying to figure all of these by now. 

What time should we be at the port? What I mean is: at what time did you leave Venice to get to the port?
And on the way back, more or less at what time are you leaving the ship? (so I can buy the retourn tickets)
Thank you very much!

Start to finish was 7:50 am to 11:50 am from leaving our apartment to boarding the ship. 

We walked from our AirBnb near St. Mark's Square to the water taxi.   We missed the first taxi but caught another one 8 minutes later.....watch the schedules, some of the taxis make more stops than others and can take a lot longer to get to Piazzale Roma (the train station).  This was at 8:15 am.    The water taxi is very scenic and the trip took about 40 minutes.

We met our Get Transfer driver at 9:00 AM at the parking lot at Piazzale Roma, and the trip to Porto Corsini (Ravenna) took 2.5 hours.   We were dropped off about 50 feet from the check in tent at the cruise terminal.  Even though we had a 12:30 check in time, we were encouraged to proceed and boarded the ship 10 minutes later.

When we returned to Ravenna, the ship docked and was cleared by 7:00 AM.   We could have walked off at 7 AM but our bus transfer to the train station didn't depart until 8:30 AM.  We enjoyed breakfast at WJ and walked off the ship at 8:00 AM.  

Sorry if long winded but wanted to provide as many details as possible.   Let me know if you have more questions and enjoy your trip.

Hey, do you know if there is a website where I can check the schedules of the Shuttle offered by Royal Caribbean Venice-Ravenna (and vice versa)? It is impossible to contact RC by phone from Spain!

I am going in October on the Brilliance of the Seas and my return flight is at 12am from Marco Polo Airport, do you know at what time the first shuttles of the day are usually available? I'm afraid I won't make it on time! Anyone has experience on that first Shuttle?

I also like to ask for recommendations of private transfer options, I have never booked one and seeing that my time is tight it might be better to do it on my own.

• 1 month later...

We are booked to sail on the Brilliance of the Seas on Oct 30th from Venice to Rome. We decided to fly to Venice a couple days early to enjoy they city, but were worried about being able to find transportation to the Port of Ravenna on the day of. Many on this blog have mentioned RC said they couldn't return to the airport and get on the same bus as those landing from flights the same day. This made me worry we wouldn't be able to get a bus ride to the port and would have to pay a lot to get a ride there.

I just called RC and found out from the person who helped me (Shout out to Diego!) that there is ALSO a bus leaving from Isola Nova Del Tronchetto (a bus hub it seems) that will be available for cruisers for transportation to the port! HALLELUJAH! It costs $58 per person, and saves the hassle of trying to get back to Marco Polo Airport on the day of for a ride back. 

I also want to note, it seemed to confuse the person I spoke to, and required some explanation, saying I was going to be in Venice but planning on coming back to the airport for a ride. Thankfully there's another bus option in Venice instead of having to backtrack.

Fingers crossed everything goes according to plan on the day of. If it doesn't for some reason, I'll give an update post bus pick-up!

Hi, we are currently on the Brilliance of the Seas on a back-to-back and boarded on Sunday August 21, 2022. Here is how we did it flying from the US.

We flew into Venice and met up with family and stayed for one night. Our hotel was near the Piazza San Marco so we took the vaparetto (water bus) line 2 to the Ferrovia stop where the train station is located (Venezia S. Lucia) 

Take the train from Venezia S. Lucia to Ravenna. You will change trains one time  in Ferrara.  We went over a day early and enjoyed the city, ate dinner, purchased our wine to take on board and called it a night. It was wonderful!

Here is where this story requires attention:

Book a taxi from your hotel to come and pick you up and take you to the port for the morning of the cruise. It’s a good 15-20 minute ride from the city center out to the port. 

As of August 21, 2022, Royal Caribbean is still working out some kinks in their shuttle bus transfer system to the port. We were told by our hotel that the most efficient way to get to our ship was to use the bus shuttle service at the train station provided by Royal Caribbean. Once we arrived at the train station, it was chaotic. It was approximately 11 am and it was already crowded and people were swarming the 2 poor ship employees on duty, trying to get their names on a list so they could get a seat on the shuttle bus (coach).  Passengers were yelling, no one had a clue as to which end of the line was the front or back, which lines were for taxis, etc. People became increasingly angry as time wore on and then would rush the busses as they pulled in and more yelling ensued. As we pulled away we were really concerned about that situation. We were also very aggravated once we pulled into the port to find the taxis were letting people off right next to the check in area (hence my earlier advice to just call ahead and book a taxi).

While I do not have a taxi number to give, they are readily available inside any hotel in Ravenna at the check-in desks.

Hope this helps as our transition from Ravenna to the port was rough. Once we got to the port however, Royal Caribbean had a fantastic check-in process and we boarded within 10 minutes.

We are spending more time in Venice on our return so we our carrying our own bags off and trying to taxi back to the Ravenna train station and taking the train back to Venice on September 4 when we disembark. I can report how that goes then. 

I purchased tickets on the Trenitalia site directly. 

We have just been on brilliance. We got a water taxi which the hotel booked for us it was €95 and that was from the centre of Venice. This took us straight to tronchetto where we got on a bus that we organised through royal Carribean and was $91 each return. The coach journey took about 2hrs 30 it also stopped at toilets for 20 mins. The bus had a toilet but was locked. There is also free Wi-Fi on the bus and air conditioning. On the return journey we came off the boat got our luggage and went straight on to the bus. Unfortunately the bus driver on the return journey was a nightmare driver and overtook a lot when there was oncoming traffic so the whole journey I was a nervous wreck. The only thing I would be aware of is when u return to tronchetto. There was several males at the boat areas asking where u we’re going we told them and they told us to stand in this line. We assumed they worked there. After 30 Mins we asked how long it would be as we had a baby with us and she needed feed. They told us 5 minutes and it would be €10 each. We thought that was a cheap deal for a water taxi as did they other people who were waiting with us. When they eventually directed us on to the boat it was no private water taxi but a bigger boat and it wasn’t just us getting on it.  They then charged us €120 Euros when questioned as we were told €10 They said it was because of our luggage. After 5 minutes on this boat it stoped and we were all told this was our stop!!! We had 8 suitcases, 2 hand luggage and a pram. The hotel ended up being a 15 minute walk through a very busy part of Venice which was a absolute nightmare. So please be aware of these con men when returning to tronchetto. 

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve booked a transfer using RCL from Venice City Centre to the port in Ravenna. But I can’t work out where the pickup is in Venice. I’ve called RCL and the person didn’t know.  

Anyone have an address for the Venice City Centre location for pickup??  Thanks. 

17 hours ago, DCL said:

We’ve booked a transfer using RCL from Venice City Centre to the port in Ravenna. But I can’t work out where the pickup is in Venice. I’ve called RCL and the person didn’t know.  

Anyone have an address for the Venice City Centre location for pickup??  Thanks. 

If you are taking the shuttle from the City Centre the pickup is outside of the Venezia Tronchetto, which is the people mover station on Isola Nuova. You should be able to find it on Google maps. That's where we boarding the shuttle.

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

I am totally in a flap about this, we don't even go until July 2023, these costs for transfers by any of the ways mentioned are astronomical.  Ravenna appears to be the most out of the way port I have ever seen, with no airports nearby at all.  It is so unfortunate that cruising is not as simple as it first appears.  Is not as cost effective as it first appears and its making me totally anxiety ridden at the thoughts.   EEEEEPPPPP

I hate that your level of stress is high TheRobinsons, but you've got some time to figure it out.  I'm not sure it's fair to blame cruising for not being as simple as it appeared, I'm certain you knew that you would have to get to port to embark on your cruise.

This particular cruise appears to have some arrival challenges.  I know you'll get them worked out and have a great cruise.

5 hours ago, TheRobinsons said:

I am totally in a flap about this, we don't even go until July 2023, these costs for transfers by any of the ways mentioned are astronomical.  Ravenna appears to be the most out of the way port I have ever seen, with no airports nearby at all.  It is so unfortunate that cruising is not as simple as it first appears.  Is not as cost effective as it first appears and its making me totally anxiety ridden at the thoughts.   EEEEEPPPPP

Book your airfare as early as possible.  We did ours with the cruise line and were able to adjust it up until final payment….be sure they still allow that if you are looking for that.  
Stay on top of your flight info, being sure they aren’t cancelled.   Also, be sure if you have connecting flights that you have ample time to catch the next flight.  They might offer flights that they feel are good enough but if you miss a connecting flight for lack of processing time to get from gate to gate it’s on you.  If you miss the connecting flight due to a flight delay they’ll get you on another flight. 

6 hours ago, TheRobinsons said:

The airport in Bologna is about an hour away and RC offers shuttle service to and from as it does to and from Venice.  We're flying into Venice and out of Bologna and airfare was about the same from either place. We decided to fly out of Bologna to cut the return trip to the airport by 2/3.

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...