Transport from Venice to Porto Corsini Ravenna Italy

M First

On 2/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, M First said:

Update, 

just booked shuttle from Venice city center to cruise terminal through Royal one way $58.00 per person - Finnaly

Venice City center?  Where exactly?  How did you book through Royal Caribbean?

I tried calling RC to book transfers from the port in Ravenna to Venice and after being on hold for over an hour, was told that a different department handles that and they would transfer me.  I was hoping to ask whether I can return to Venice city rather than the airport as it seems some people are reporting that as a possibility.  If that's not available, it still seems it would be cheaper to take the RC transfer from Ravenna to the airport in Venice and then find transportation from the airport to our hotel than to book private transportation from Ravenna to our hotel. But I got disconnected 🙃  Does anyone know what RC number to call to ask about transfers for Ravenna specifically?

23 hours ago, NewlyRoyalBuckeye said:

I tried calling RC to book transfers from the port in Ravenna to Venice and after being on hold for over an hour, was told that a different department handles that and they would transfer me.  I was hoping to ask whether I can return to Venice city rather than the airport as it seems some people are reporting that as a possibility.  If that's not available, it still seems it would be cheaper to take the RC transfer from Ravenna to the airport in Venice and then find transportation from the airport to our hotel than to book private transportation from Ravenna to our hotel. But I got disconnected 🙃  Does anyone know what RC number to call to ask about transfers for Ravenna specifically?

I believe you would call Ground transportation  or Air2Sea

On 9/6/2021 at 5:31 PM, FManke said:

They said you could not use that option, even if you paid? I don't understand why not? I'm interested in finding out what you are going to do, as we are in the same situation next Oct.

Happy Cruising!

I've had a difficult time getting from the port to Marco Polo airport in Venice or to the Piazzale Roma in Venice next month.  I finally booked the only option without taking a bus or train, since we would like to have more time in Venice.  It is going to cost my husband and I over $600.  The cruiseline should have a shuttle set up for travellers.  There aren't any services willing to do the trip from Venice to pick up in Ravenna 🙄

On 1/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, Imelda Martinez said:

I just booked for a party of 6 a shuttle that will pick us up from our hotel in Venice and transport us to Porto Corsini. I booked with Daytrip. The cost came out to 269EUR which comes out to $303USD. Our trip is scheduled for May 22, 2022 on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Hope this information helps.

We are on the same cruise.  You are lucky you booked in January.  Rates are now $476 from port to Piazalle Corsini and $169 from the Piazalle to our hotel.  I'm assuming it's because of the fuel prices.  I contacted Daytrip and they had no drivers available.  The cruiseline should have a shuttle for everyone, now that the port is over tow hours from Venice.

Enjoy your trip!

Royal Caribbean gave me a price of $45 pp for transport from the port in Ravenna to the airport in Venice as others here have reported (we are only looking for return transport since we are flying into Bologna and spending the night before the cruise in Ravenna).  We are spending the night of our disembark day in Venice. Since our flight is not until the next day, the shuttle time leaving port is 12:15 pm.  I'm not thrilled with that option since we will lose time in Venice with that delay plus having to get from the airport to our hotel, so we are looking at other options. 

On 1/4/2022 at 2:23 PM, Imelda Martinez said:

I just booked for a party of 6 a shuttle that will pick us up from our hotel in Venice and transport us to Porto Corsini. I booked with Daytrip. The cost came out to 269EUR which comes out to $303USD. Our trip is scheduled for May 22, 2022 on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know how this turns out. I was going to book with Daytrip for 6 of us and it’s abt $58/person

On 2/27/2022 at 5:33 AM, Teenah said:

Try getting a quote from Get Transfers - I have used this website for many different trips in various locations and been very good. I have booked the trip from Venice to Porto corsini for 4 persons …. You will get several quotes but hold on for a day or so before booking to see if you can get a good price…. I am paying £192 for a highly rated driver . You get their phone number and car reg at time of booking, so you know you are getting into the right car.

hope this helps 

Is there a secret to booking with Get Transfers?  They've sent me lots of offers but every time I put in credit card info to book it, it says there was a problem with the credit card.  Used several different cards but same response.  I emailed Get Transfer and tried to call but no response from either yet.

Hi.

We are looking to book airport transfers for our upcoming cruise  

7 NIGHT GREEK ISLES CRUISE BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS  in May 2022

We are arriving at Venice Marco Polo International Airport (VCE) the morning of the cruise arriving at 11.35 am . 

I was talking to RC rep and they had advised that our flight is too late arriving to get a transfer.!! 

I find this difficult to understand as looking the travel blog and comments for TA and they all refer to transfer being available for morning flights. On another post it noted that they were available up to 1.30pm the afternoon of the sailing .

Does anyone know when the last time a transfer is available from the Venice Airport and are there any alternative companies offering this service 

4 hours ago, Ferg said:

Hi.

We are looking to book airport transfers for our upcoming cruise  

7 NIGHT GREEK ISLES CRUISE BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS  in May 2022

We are arriving at Venice Marco Polo International Airport (VCE) the morning of the cruise arriving at 11.35 am . 

I was talking to RC rep and they had advised that our flight is too late arriving to get a transfer.!! 

I find this difficult to understand as looking the travel blog and comments for TA and they all refer to transfer being available for morning flights. On another post it noted that they were available up to 1.30pm the afternoon of the sailing .

Does anyone know when the last time a transfer is available from the Venice Airport and are there any alternative companies offering this service 

Is there a way you can do a mock booking for flights on Air2Sea or just even call Air2Seaa to see what they say the latest arrival for the day of embarkation is. 
Example:  I am flying in from X location  to Venice on embarkation day-what flights can you offer me?
 Air2Sea is the standard I use when I book my flights.
Example.  I saw a sweet deal on a flight out of Fort Lauderdale for a 10:30am flight.  When I looked at Air2Sea the earliest flight I could get with them was 11:30....so I knew right away Air2Sea factors in surprises and knows when it can get people to their flight.  So I ended up with a very late afternoon flight as I was not paying premium pricing for my large family and I ensured I would have time to get to the airport.
Where is customs?  is it on your boarding or when you deplane?  They factor that in as well.
it IS a 3 hour ride from the airport to the port.....that could also be a factor.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

Is there a way you can do a mock booking for flights on Air2Sea or just even call Air2Seaa to see what they say the latest arrival for the day of embarkation is. 
Example:  I am flying in from X location  to Venice on embarkation day-what flights can you offer me?
 Air2Sea is the standard I use when I book my flights.
Example.  I saw a sweet deal on a flight out of Fort Lauderdale for a 10:30am flight.  When I looked at Air2Sea the earliest flight I could get with them was 11:30....so I knew right away Air2Sea factors in surprises and knows when it can get people to their flight.  So I ended up with a very late afternoon flight as I was not paying premium pricing for my large family and I ensured I would have time to get to the airport.
Where is customs?  is it on your boarding or when you deplane?  They factor that in as well.
it IS a 3 hour ride from the airport to the port.....that could also be a factor.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I checked the Air2Sea and the flight they offer me is the one I am booked on. 

We have no customs, we are flighting within the EU .   Cant understand how they cant offer the transfers ? 

20 minutes ago, Ferg said:

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I checked the Air2Sea and the flight they offer me is the one I am booked on. 

We have no customs, we are flighting within the EU .   Cant understand how they cant offer the transfers ? 

Try calling back for another agent.

if Air2sea is offering the same flight it’s not because YOU are arriving too late.

the only other issue I see is you didn’t book through Air2sea so they might not offer the transfer for that reason.  

Same issues. For cruising May 29, there are no RCCL hotels available, thus no shuttles available. For the return back to airport, your flight has to be 1215pm or AFTER in order to make the flight FYI. GetTransfer one way is ~360 so far. Train seems to take nearly 4hrs. Bus 3hrs. Anyone know of rideshare rates (Uber)? Thx

On 4/7/2022 at 1:21 PM, NewlyRoyalBuckeye said:

Just called RC at (866) 562-7625 today and booked a transfer from Ravenna port to Venice City Center (I believe city center drop off was called Isola Nova del Tronchetto) at $58/person. Told me it would be a departure time of somewhere 6am-8am depending on availability and that they’d provide more details once on the ship. Was on hold close to an hour but the person who answered was able to book it!

Hi, we are a family of 5 taking the 7-day cruise leaving Port Corsini on June 12, 2022.  We arrive in Venice at 1030 am the morning of June 12.  Does Royal Caribbean offer a transfer to the port from the airport ?  If so, how do we get this transfer? If not, is there a private shuttle that we could take to the port?  Any information and assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi, 

As I am sure quite a few of you on the cruise have also experienced, we booked this cruise to go in 2020 and decided to takes some time in Venice before hand and as such have not used the cruises flights. At the time the cruise went out of Venice so nice and easy, now the cruise goes out of Ravenna we are as others I am sure stuck with sorting out our own transfers. The cruise line has not been helpful as they say it has to be organised by our agent and the agent says when ever they call the cruise line they wont allow us to book on the transfers because we havent taken the flights.. We are happy to get our selves there by train but our worried about missing the flight back and so want to get a direct transfer back to the airport, happy to pay the cruise line transfers for this but have not been able to find a way to arrange it. So I am looking at all options and would welcome any suggestions or happy to share cost with others if you have also had to go down this route. Please get in touch if you can help. Thanks, Mark

11 hours ago, Venice traveler said:

Hi, we are a family of 5 taking the 7-day cruise leaving Port Corsini on June 12, 2022.  We arrive in Venice at 1030 am the morning of June 12.  Does Royal Caribbean offer a transfer to the port from the airport ?  If so, how do we get this transfer? If not, is there a private shuttle that we could take to the port?  Any information and assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

I called Royal Caribbean directly and got the details.   Depending on your flight times, there should be a shuttle that you can take from the airport to the port.  It is no longer free.   The rep told me I have to book it through my travel agent.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:56 AM, Paul Mc said:

Hi we a cruising on 21/08/2022 and staying 2 nights in Venice prior to sailing. Is there an additional charge for going on the Royal transfer. Thanks.

We are just about to book this cruise as well, and also staying two nights. Bit costly if we have to tack on 400+ euros for transfers. Glad I found this page. 

On 5/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, MarkL said:

Hi, 

As I am sure quite a few of you on the cruise have also experienced, we booked this cruise to go in 2020 and decided to takes some time in Venice before hand and as such have not used the cruises flights. At the time the cruise went out of Venice so nice and easy, now the cruise goes out of Ravenna we are as others I am sure stuck with sorting out our own transfers. The cruise line has not been helpful as they say it has to be organised by our agent and the agent says when ever they call the cruise line they wont allow us to book on the transfers because we havent taken the flights.. We are happy to get our selves there by train but our worried about missing the flight back and so want to get a direct transfer back to the airport, happy to pay the cruise line transfers for this but have not been able to find a way to arrange it. So I am looking at all options and would welcome any suggestions or happy to share cost with others if you have also had to go down this route. Please get in touch if you can help. Thanks, Mark

Not much help to you but we also had this cruise booked from 2020 out from Venice. Royal Caribbean offered us free transfers when they changed it to Ravenna for our next postponed booking in 2021!  We decided to postpone it again until this year but no free transfers as we already knew it would be going from Ravenna. We tried to book the transfers this year but had difficulty because we were flying in a day earlier. We have ended up moving the cruise on again to 2023 but going out of Barcelona instead as will be so much easier!!!  We have still kept our flights to Venice and having a holiday in Italy instead.

Just emailed with my TA Kathy from MEI and she has said that RC has been very unyielding about the same day fly-in requirement for shuttle service, not only for Venice. She is currently working with a client that is having the same situation, flying in a day early to Copenhagen. She did say that a RC representative said they thought you could just go to the airport and buy a ticket the day of you just couldn't prebook a transfer. I'm not willing to take the chance that a RC rep had misspoken, because we all know that never happens. 🙄 Our cruise isn't until Oct, so I'll be learning more as the months go on from the rest of you that sail before me. Good luck with your travels and keep everybody updated on how your situations turn out.

Happy Cruising!

Hi! We waited too long to book our transfer for our cruise starting 5/22/22 and Royal Caribbean is saying they have nothing from Venice to Ravenna. Anyone have a larger vehicle that would hold two more people? Would be glad to split the cost. Staying in the heart of Venice but can meet wherever necessary outside of the city. Thanks!

I'm trying to find a transfer from Porto Corsini to Venice city center for 11 of us mature adults on Sept 11. 🙂 A bus or train is out of the question since travel time is >4hrs. We're going to lose precious time, since we're flying out the next morning. Any suggestions how we can do it without costing us an arm & a leg? 🙂 Thanks so much.🙏

I was able to get a transfer booked through RC for our cruise leaving July 17 at Revenna,  The transfer is from Venice to Revenna by bus.  The most ridiculous thing is RC sent me an invoice showing they charged me $58/pp for the transfer but didn't include the time or the location.  When I called RC today I was told they are "Not allowed to send that information".  She did provide the time and location by phone however it is still vague - " by the people mover on the ground floor at Isola Nova Del Tronchetto".   This is the craziest thing ever.  Just took an Azamra cruise Oct 2021 and they provided the hotel location to meet the shuttle in Rome for port transfer.  RC  needs to learn some service.  May they don't care if you make the cruise or not????

Just got an email from my TA. She has secured us transportation through RC for $58pp from Venice City center to Ravenna. They also have service from Marco Polo Airport. Two shuttles each morning at 9 and 11. The shuttle from Marco Polo Airport is $45pp. The RC reservation system requires same day flight information to book an embarkation airport transfer. She will provide them with a same day flight itinerary, even though we will arrive 3 days earlier. This will satisfy the requirement and get us on the shuttle. I would suggest anybody booking through a TA to inquire about this. My TA Kathy at MEI does it again!

Happy Cruising!

On 5/7/2022 at 5:34 PM, FDP said:

I'm trying to find a transfer from Porto Corsini to Venice city center for 11 of us mature adults on Sept 11. 🙂 A bus or train is out of the question since travel time is >4hrs. We're going to lose precious time, since we're flying out the next morning. Any suggestions how we can do it without costing us an arm & a leg? 🙂 Thanks so much.🙏

RC is offering shuttle service from Porto Corsini to Venice City Center for $58pp. The drive is 2.5hrs, whether by bus or private transfer.

On 5/1/2022 at 5:13 PM, Sarah K said:

Just called RC at (866) 562-7625 today and booked a transfer from Ravenna port to Venice City Center (I believe city center drop off was called Isola Nova del Tronchetto) at $58/person. Told me it would be a departure time of somewhere 6am-8am depending on availability and that they’d provide more details once on the ship. Was on hold close to an hour but the person who answered was able to book it!

I just spoke with RCCL and was quoted a roundtrip price of $103pp - pickup from Isola Nova del Tronchetto to Ravenna NLT 10:30 AM and on disembarkation day from ship to Venice airport, time determined by flight.  I was told water taxi to Isola Nova del Tronchetto was included?  Anyone else have an info?

15 hours ago, FManke said:

RC is offering shuttle service from Porto Corsini to Venice City Center for $58pp. The drive is 2.5hrs, whether by bus or private transfer.

I was told drop off was Isola Nova del Tronchetto not Venice City Center.  

2 hours ago, Debe said:

I just spoke with RCCL and was quoted a roundtrip price of $103pp - pickup from Isola Nova del Tronchetto to Ravenna NLT 10:30 AM and on disembarkation day from ship to Venice airport, time determined by flight.  I was told water taxi to Isola Nova del Tronchetto was included?  Anyone else have an info?

I have not heard anything about the water taxi. Water taxi from where?

15 minutes ago, FManke said:

I have not heard anything about the water taxi. Water taxi from where?

We are staying in Venice near Piazza San Marco (which I thought was the city center) and would need to take a water transport to Isola Nova del Tronchetto for RCCL transport to the port.  I was told water transport was included by RCCL rep but I have been told numerous things by RCCL depending on the Rep you get on any given day.  So frustrating!