Transport from Venice to Porto Corsini Ravenna Italy

M First

Hello, 

Our family of 5 is looking for the best and budget friendly way to travel from our hotel in Venice July 3rd 2022 to the cruise terminal port in Porto Corsini, Ravenna Italy.
All suggestions welcome - we check with RCCL and they said that they can  not help us as we were arriving three days before departure and that they shuttles were only available to those guests arriving at Marco Polo Airport on the day of embarkation. I spoke to our hotel and was quoted 320 euros which in us dollars is $380.00

All Ideas are welcome 

Thank you 

Michael 

23 hours ago, M First said:

Hello, 

Our family of 5 is looking for the best and budget friendly way to travel from our hotel in Venice July 3rd 2022 to the cruise terminal port in Porto Corsini, Ravenna Italy.
All suggestions welcome - we check with RCCL and they said that they can  not help us as we were arriving three days before departure and that they shuttles were only available to those guests arriving at Marco Polo Airport on the day of embarkation. I spoke to our hotel and was quoted 320 euros which in us dollars is $380.00

All Ideas are welcome 

Thank you 

Michael 

They said you could not use that option, even if you paid? I don't understand why not? I'm interested in finding out what you are going to do, as we are in the same situation next Oct.

Happy Cruising!

Yes , I asked they said that if i arrive before embarkation at the air port i will need to find my own way to the port. So far i have reached out to our hotel and was quoted a minivan ride which is about 2.5 hrs for the family to be 320 euros or approx. 380 uds our departure is not till July 3, 2022 but i was trying to budget for the transport and then transport back will be another 400 usd if going back to Venice

Michael 

4 hours ago, Ray said:

You could take the train from Venice to Bologna then from there to Porto Corsini, travel time is about 4hrs but would work out less $$$$ for the trip. 

2 minutes ago, M First said:

Yes , I asked they said that if i arrive before embarkation at the air port i will need to find my own way to the port. So far i have reached out to our hotel and was quoted a minivan ride which is about 2.5 hrs for the family to be 320 euros or approx. 380 uds our departure is not till July 3, 2022 but i was trying to budget for the transport and then transport back will be another 400 usd if going back to Venice

Michael 

We are going to use that option to go to Florence. Might you know the cost to go from Porto Corsini to Ravenna Train station?

6 hours ago, FManke said:

They said you could not use that option, even if you paid? I don't understand why not? I'm interested in finding out what you are going to do, as we are in the same situation next Oct.

Happy Cruising!

And we are in same scenario also next Sept.    Could you just go to the airport and pretend you just arrived?  How would they know?

I've been emailing with my TA Kathy G at MEI about this. She said that she has been in this scenario before and has secured shuttle transportation for clients on embarkation day, even though they arrived early. She contacted RC and said she was upfront with the RC rep as to what she was doing, which the RC rep acknowledged, and was able to secure transportation by supplying a flight number that arrived that day. Sneaky? Yes. Great customer service? Definitely! 

I'm not sure if you are going through a TA or booked directly with RC, but I guess the answer is that it's possible to secure airport transportation same day. I'd talk to your TA, if you booked with one and see what they can do. Kathy was going to inquire a little more with RC and get back to me. When she does, I'll post what info she gets here.

Happy Cruising!

• 1 month later...

We are also leaving next September 4, arriving in Venice 4 days early, taking the train to Ravenna on Saturday morning and staying overnight and taking a taxi to Porto Corsini, the cruise port.    Just watch the trains, some require 2 transfers some only one. There is no direct train to Ravenna from Venice, however the fare is very inexpensive.

There are trains leaving every hour on Saturday.

You can also get your covid test at the train station in Venice before you board to Ravenna.  We decided  to arrive the day before the cruise so we could tour the mosaics in Ravenna, much of the town will be closed on Sunday so there wont be much to tour or shop.  It also makes for a relaxing morning before cruise check in.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I booked the bus with Royal Caribbean but am also going to be in Venice before and will go back to the airport the morning of departure to get the shuttle. 

The booking sytem they have will not let them book a shuttle without a flight number and they explained to me it was to ensure the the flight would not arrive later than the time it takes for a shuttle to make the last trip before the ship departs.

if you get a flight number from google flights arriving the morning of departure you could call up and explain your situation and book they just check your name when you get there.

• 2 weeks later...

My family of 5 are on the 7/24/2021 sailing and I was told by RCCL yesterday that I could not take the shuttle from the airport to the Ravenna port.  The rep told me that they meet at a location you can only get to in arriving flights.  He described a "pickup" that would work but that they had none scheduled for that cruise, maybe it would be added in the future.  There are shuttles that leave from certain hotels when booking thru RCCL but on 1 phone call I was told it was included in price of hotel, in another I was told only included if you book air thru RCCL.  When I asked if shuttle was thru RCCL or hotel, they told me hotel.  I asked hotel and they told me only shuttle goes to Venice port.  

28 minutes ago, Debe said:

We have not booked airfare yet but plan on flying from Philadelphia and want to stay in Venice for 2 nights either pre-cruise or post-cruise.

We are flying out of LAX on June 30, to Venice and taking a private cab to the Cruise port in Ravenna $378.00 2.5 hours - any other options, leave from a block away from our hotel in Venice on July 3, 2022

19 hours ago, M First said:

We are flying out of LAX on June 30, to Venice and taking a private cab to the Cruise port in Ravenna $378.00 2.5 hours - any other options, leave from a block away from our hotel in Venice on July 3, 2022

Thanks for the info.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, M First said:

Hello Question, 

did you do your own Air booking or did you use Air2sea?

My TA said that because i am using Air2sea this option would not work!

I have booked with Royal Caribbean directly in the UK. I have booked my flights with the airline separately.

Air2Sea has never given the best price or options. And as i say I fly into airport 3 days before cruise day.

The arrival area is far from exclusive to those arriving I have watched videos of Marco Polo airport and seen other operators direct people to bus pick up point where coaches are waiting. This is done much in the same way as most European holidays I have taken.

Because we don't want to carry our cruise luggage all around the lagoon in the days prior we will take advantage of the left luggage facility in the arrivals area. 

This FAQ explains that transfers are available to anyone.

UK - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/port-arrival-travel-options

USA - https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/port-arrival-travel-options

As I said their booking system demanded a flight number arriving: 'the day of departure ' before it would add transfers to booking.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Imelda Martinez said:

I just booked for a party of 6 a shuttle that will pick us up from our hotel in Venice and transport us to Porto Corsini. I booked with Daytrip. The cost came out to 269EUR which comes out to $303USD. Our trip is scheduled for May 22, 2022 on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Hope this information helps.

This price is better that what i was offered of 320 Eur- can you provide me with the contact information for this shuttle service , I need them for July 3, 2022 at 9:30 Am from Venice Hotel to Porto Corsini.

Thank you 

Michael 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are cruising June 12-19 out of Ravenna.  We arrive in Venice on June 10 and depart Venice June 20.  I was able to book roundtrip transfers with Royal Caribbean last night despite not arriving or departing on the exact cruise dates.

I will say it was somewhat confusing when I spoke to the booking representative.  I gave him the flight information, and at first he was hesitant because our arrival was not on the 12th.  I simply stated we would travel back to the airport to get the shuttle.   He said Ok and then asked me what time we wanted the transfer, each way?  I asked him what the options were and he said there were not specific times.  So I said 9:30 am.   For the return he also asked for a time and I said 11:00 thinking was way to late, but he said ok and  said we will get more information on ship regarding departure bus.  

He also then said that we would receive complimentary Covid testing at time of Departure? Not sure that that is correct based on other things I have seen. 

I received an email confirmation with my all my cruise information and can see the added transfers.  I called this morning to speak to another representative to confirm.  She said to meet the cruise representative in the Arrivals Hall in Venice to be directed to shuttle.

Thank you , this is great information, 

can you provide me with the phone number or contact information you used,. do you know what the cost is each way , we want to take the train from Ravenna to Florence.

we need the transfer for July 3, 2022

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 9:16 AM, Debe said:

My family of 5 are on the 7/24/2021 sailing and I was told by RCCL yesterday that I could not take the shuttle from the airport to the Ravenna port.  The rep told me that they meet at a location you can only get to in arriving flights.  He described a "pickup" that would work but that they had none scheduled for that cruise, maybe it would be added in the future.  There are shuttles that leave from certain hotels when booking thru RCCL but on 1 phone call I was told it was included in price of hotel, in another I was told only included if you book air thru RCCL.  When I asked if shuttle was thru RCCL or hotel, they told me hotel.  I asked hotel and they told me only shuttle goes to Venice port.  

We are also on the 7/24/22 sailing

On 1/4/2022 at 5:23 PM, Imelda Martinez said:

I just booked for a party of 6 a shuttle that will pick us up from our hotel in Venice and transport us to Porto Corsini. I booked with Daytrip. The cost came out to 269EUR which comes out to $303USD. Our trip is scheduled for May 22, 2022 on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Hope this information helps.

Same trip as us!!! Me and my son are going on this cruise as well on May 22nd. I've linked up with a travel agent since booking the cruise. I am wondering what options she will come up with. Are you arriving a day early?

Try getting a quote from Get Transfers - I have used this website for many different trips in various locations and been very good. I have booked the trip from Venice to Porto corsini for 4 persons …. You will get several quotes but hold on for a day or so before booking to see if you can get a good price…. I am paying £192 for a highly rated driver . You get their phone number and car reg at time of booking, so you know you are getting into the right car.

hope this helps 

• 3 weeks later...

My group flies into Venice June 17 for the June 19 cruise. But we fly out disembark day June 26 at 12:15pm. Travel agent says we should book airport transfer thru RCCL and they'll guarantee we make it. I'm very skeptical with a 2.5 hour drive, traffic, testing, security etc.  Any thoughts?

We are going on this cruise on 26th June and arriving a day earlier I am waiting on a quote from the company I booked through but are you saying I need to say I am arriving the day of the cruise and not a day earlier. I did get a quote last year but they said I couldn't book it until after January 2022.

Has anyone also received any information yet on testing or rules when we arrive at ports. I have checked Royal Caribbeans website and it says you will be emailed the information nearer the time.  I see on P&O cruises website it says for Greece you will need tests before entry. If its the same for Royal Caribbean would anyone know what the onboard tests would cost and we are visiting Greece on 2 days so would we need to buy 2 tests? 

I was hoping someone is going earlier than me so may have been sent this information.

Our Greek Isles cruise from Ravenna is departing May 29th.   We are flying into Venice on May 27th and will need to figure out how to get to Ravenna the morning of the 29th and how to get COVID tested on the 27th or 28th.    We may take the train or hire a driver unless we can figure out the RCCL shuttle from Venice city center.   Do I just call RCCL directly to inquire?

After the cruise, we are trying to get to Bologna to fly to Munich.   I know I can get a taxi/driver to get us to the Bolgna airport but worried about getting off ship, with bags, clearing customs, checking in at airport, getting through security (and customs?), and checking bags again.  Would a 9:50 am flight from Bologna be too unrealistic?  

7 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Our Greek Isles cruise from Ravenna is departing May 29th.   We are flying into Venice on May 27th and will need to figure out how to get to Ravenna the morning of the 29th and how to get COVID tested on the 27th or 28th.    We may take the train or hire a driver unless we can figure out the RCCL shuttle from Venice city center.   Do I just call RCCL directly to inquire?

After the cruise, we are trying to get to Bologna to fly to Munich.   I know I can get a taxi/driver to get us to the Bolgna airport but worried about getting off ship, with bags, clearing customs, checking in at airport, getting through security (and customs?), and checking bags again.  Would a 9:50 am flight from Bologna be too unrealistic?  

The cruise company I booked through said they would book the Venice to Revenna transfer with RCCL for me. They did say the only pickup is at the airport though so I will have to make my own way back to the airport 

On 2/25/2022 at 10:56 PM, M First said:

Update, 

just booked shuttle from Venice city center to cruise terminal through Royal one way $58.00 per person - Finnaly

Could you provide more info please?? I called RCCL and got told they only did transfers from and to the airport, not city center. My partner and I are looking at transportation options because we are planning on staying in Venice for 1 night after our Rhapsody of the Seas cruise.

On 2/2/2022 at 6:25 AM, mketting said:

We are cruising June 12-19 out of Ravenna.  We arrive in Venice on June 10 and depart Venice June 20.  I was able to book roundtrip transfers with Royal Caribbean last night despite not arriving or departing on the exact cruise dates.

I will say it was somewhat confusing when I spoke to the booking representative.  I gave him the flight information, and at first he was hesitant because our arrival was not on the 12th.  I simply stated we would travel back to the airport to get the shuttle.   He said Ok and then asked me what time we wanted the transfer, each way?  I asked him what the options were and he said there were not specific times.  So I said 9:30 am.   For the return he also asked for a time and I said 11:00 thinking was way to late, but he said ok and  said we will get more information on ship regarding departure bus.  

He also then said that we would receive complimentary Covid testing at time of Departure? Not sure that that is correct based on other things I have seen. 

I received an email confirmation with my all my cruise information and can see the added transfers.  I called this morning to speak to another representative to confirm.  She said to meet the cruise representative in the Arrivals Hall in Venice to be directed to shuttle.

Hi, we have the same cruise dates.  We are 10 in our group and hoping to have transfer from Port Corsini to Marco Polo on disembarkation day.  Its so hard to go thru tp RC today … its frustrating … no ones picking up the phone …

8 hours ago, Paul Mc said:

Hi we a cruising on 21/08/2022 and staying 2 nights in Venice prior to sailing. Is there an additional charge for going on the Royal transfer. Thanks.

I believe there is and have been told the transfer runs from the airport to the port rather than from the city centre.