I've created a Suite Snob

MicDay

We just got back from Alaska on Ovation and had an amazing time.

My only complaint was the toilet paper (geez that's some rough thin paper)😉

The crew members were outstanding, my survey took me a bit to get in all the names.

So we stayed in a Jr Suite ( just James and I) for the first time.

We decide to try Europe again so we go to the NextCruise to book (learned it's just better to book direct with my TA Kelley from MEI)

I asked about 2 connecting OV balconies, my husband stops me and says Jr Suites or higher. 🤯

He said he really enjoyed the space and was not going smaller.

We now are booked in a 2 bedroom GS, it's the only 2 bedroom Rhapsody of the Seas had available.

I know Rhapsody does not have the perks bigger class ships have but we are ok with that.

I understand. My hubby is distressed that we have balcony cabins (side by side) booked with my sister and aunt for AK next year. 🤣 He has gotten used to JS at a minimum. 

He just asked me again a bit ago about Royal Up, and was disappointed I told him no (yet again) that we booked close together and would be separated. 😂 He is hoping to catch me in a weak moment.

It is hard to go back, isn’t it?

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I understand. My hubby is distressed that we have balcony cabins (side by side) booked with my sister and aunt for AK next year. 🤣 He has gotten used to JS at a minimum. 

He just asked me again a bit ago about Royal Up, and was disappointed I told him no (yet again) that we booked close together and would be separated. 😂 He is hoping to catch me in a weak moment.

It is hard to go back, isn’t it?

Wow, that would be way to close to my in laws for me.  If I were your husband, I would get a JS for myself!

4 minutes ago, MicDay said:

@Lovetocruise2002my 22 yr Daughter wants to try Star Class, every time I book us a new cruise she ask.  We really enjoyed CK but we only got to try dinner.

Warning, that is next level of being a suite snob.  The point of no return. lol

3 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Wow, that would be way to close to my in laws for me.  If I were your husband, I would get a JS for myself!

🤣😂 Aww, he loves these crazy women. He want to Royal Up for both cabins, but it’s not in the budget. Plus, I already have to get them a badge that says, “If lost, return to Cabin ####. 😁 If they are across the ship or on another deck from ours, they will get lost all the time.

#DirectionallyChallenged

I'm trying to turn Mr. SpeedNoodles into a suite snob (we've yet to stay in one).  I've booked most of our next cruises in JS, but I've submitted a RoyalUp for our October sailing in the hopes of getting a full suite.  I haven't even told him that we're in a Jr Suite, so it'd be a blast to surprise him with a real suite.  There are about 7 Crown Loft Suites available now on our sailing, but I think he'd be unhappy being up on Deck 17, away from where we like to spend most of our time, so I rescinded my bid on that (bummer, because we had the best chance of getting that type). I also put bids on a Grand Suite (both 1 & 2 bdrm), an Owner's Suite, and a 1 & 2 bedroom AquaSuite.   I'm secretly hoping for the 1 bedroom AquaSuite. 

Ok, so it's not a secret anymore.

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Amen. At least as long as someone else is paying for it 😂😂

When it's my money my level of snobbery is 4 people in an interior.

I was shocked, my husband is the most laid back in our family of three.

My daughter and I like being spoiled.

We were originally in an interior for this past cruise but I wanted to spoil him and it backfired.