Johnny Rockets

Jennifer Burke

Johnny Rockets has breakfast for free only on the Oasis class ships.  The Johnny Rockets schedule varies. Sometimes they are open for dinner and sometimes they are not, regardless of it being a port day or a sea day.  If you check out some Cruise Compasses for prior sailings you can see this in the restaurant hours.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Johnny Rockets has breakfast for free only on the Oasis class ships.  The Johnny Rockets schedule varies. Sometimes they are open for dinner and sometimes they are not, regardless of it being a port day or a sea day.  If you check out some Cruise Compasses for prior sailings you can see this in the restaurant hours.

And the only place to get onion rings........ 🧅

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Does the JR cover charge include another burger? Say my husband wants 2? Kiddo wants a hamburger and a hot dog? I know the fries and onion rings get refilled but wasn't sure about the meat. The refreshment package includes the shake with the meal or is the shake included in the food cover charge?  Thanks so much! 

Hello!

Does the JR cover charge include another burger? Say my husband wants 2? Kiddo wants a hamburger and a hot dog? I know the fries and onion rings get refilled but wasn't sure about the meat. The refreshment package includes the shake with the meal or is the shake included in the food cover charge?  Thanks so much! 

As much food and soda as you want to order is included in the cover charge but this doesn't include the milkshakes. The milkshakes will be covered if you have a Refreshment or Deluxe drink package.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! 13 days for Symphony! Yay!

Question, we have unlimited dining and deluxe beverage package, but we would like to get a snack and a milkshake to enjoy at our balcony and just relax… Is possible to get Johnny to go? If yes, do I need a reservation for that or just let the hostess know when I get to the door?

thank you! 🙂 

Milk Shakes - Unfortunately with Royal going to be more environmentally friendly the new paper straws do not work/last in the milk shakes. Too small of a hole? 

I wish I could remember what type of straws the dinners / drive-ins / soda shops of the 50's used for their milk shakes.  Was it plastic or paper? if paper  if paper they must have been well made.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:12 PM, AshleyDillo said:

As much food and soda as you want to order is included in the cover charge but this doesn't include the milkshakes. The milkshakes will be covered if you have a Refreshment or Deluxe drink package.

I'm sorry...I'm new to Royal, but I thought the food was the only thing part of the cover charge. 

So, it includes drinks as well, even if you don't have a beverage package?

And just to confirm, Johnny Rockets is part of the  UDP?...meaning it if we wanted, we can eat as much as we want?

On 11/25/2021 at 12:26 PM, cruiserccl said:

So, it includes drinks as well, even if you don't have a beverage package?

Johnny Rockets includes soda with their meals if you pay to eat there. It's on their menu..kind of part of their gimmick. No beverage package needed for that. But the other specialty dining venues do not include drinks.

And yes..Johnny Rockets is included in the package. You can order as much food as you want as long as everyone has the dining package.

Love Johnny Rockets for lunch. But the challenge with JRs on the Anthem is it’s not enclosed, and sailing from New York harbor in winter is a bit….shall I say, brisk…on the days in and out of port. The counter people and the chef all wear heavy coats and scarves. So I get my order to go. I want my JRs!🥶

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2021 at 10:25 AM, loki007 said:

JR is our favorite place for a nice breakfast on Oasis class ships. It’s included, you can sit outside on the boardwalk, rarely have to wait for a table. 

Never have been to Johnny Rockets for breakfast.  What's on the menu?

2 hours ago, michaelt721 said:

Hi,

1st timer here.

Going on Oasis in a few weeks.  My question is, if I don't have any drink/refreshment package and go to Johnny Rockets and just want 1 milkshake.  How much will that approx cost me?

Thanks in advance!

It was $5.90 on mariner.  They charge you then removes the charges so I saw the price.

10 hours ago, momneedsavacation said:

Has Johnny Rockets been open for breakfast on the oasis class ships lately?  I thought I read that they weren't open for breakfast due to limited capacity.  My app for Symphony Feb26 shows the times for breakfast but not the menu.

Try selecting "Day 2" at the bottom when viewing the menus. Since no venue is technically open for breakfast when boarding for your Day 1 the menu isn't going to be listed. Same logic applies when viewing the dining room menu or another restaurant that offers lunch some days during the voyage.

Being open for breakfast, I'll leave that to someone else that might have better insight. Personally I think it has been more of a staffing issue. I recall on my Allure sailing in September and Harmony in November it was open for breakfast. While in January on Harmony it wasn't open in the morning.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:37 AM, JennaRCB said:

Johnny Rockets was closed for breakfast on my 1/16-1/23 Harmony sailing. It was only open from 11:30AM - 4PM I believe.

Crossing fingers it will be open for breakfast on our April Oasis sailing. The app lists it as having breakfast all days (except Day 1 of course), but the breakfast menu that was posted above isn't showing as of now.