Snorkel excursions where you can choose to not snorkel….

Reigert2008

Ok, stay with me on this and I promise it will make sense 🙂

like many, we have a ton of onboard credit to use, so we are looking at some excursions.  I like to snorkel, but the wife does not. I’m at the point where I really need to do an excursion to get to the good snorkeling areas and actually see some cool stuff.

we are looking for excursions that would allow the wife to attend, but not snorkel.  Whether it be her staying on the ship or if there is a beach at the location where she can chill out.  

since we are traveling alone she won’t have a built in hang out buddy and she would enjoy seeing the other sites and such involved in the process, but she doesn’t get in the water past her knees because (and I quote) “there’s fish in there” 🙂

just looking for suggestions in case anyone has done this or knows more about how most excursions work.  I’ve been looking at the Royal site and can’t figure out if there is one where she can just chill.  Thanks!

itinerary included for reference.

9A60283B-875A-440E-B0C4-FB0374D9AC4F.jpeg

I've yet to see a snorkel excursion that forces you to snorkel.  Stay on the excursion boat, wade without snorkeling if a beach stop is included, read a book, drink rum punch, what ever.

A snorkel excursion on a catamaran or large enough boat to have some shade can be quite enjoyable without getting in the water if she enjoys sailboats or excursion boats.

22 hours ago, twangster said:

I've yet to see a snorkel excursion that forces you to snorkel.  Stay on the excursion boat, wade without snorkeling if a beach stop is included, read a book, drink rum punch, what ever.

A snorkel excursion on a catamaran or large enough boat to have some shade can be quite enjoyable without getting in the water if she enjoys sailboats or excursion boats.

This is what my husband did so I could snorkel.  The crew was totally fine with it, one person less they needed to watch in the water was their reply.

We did one in Barbados and I didn’t snorkel. I’m glad I didn’t! It was mayhem! More than half the people were clueless. Dive boat gave no instructions whatsoever. People were getting kicked because it was so crowded. 

My husband saved a guy from drowning because the dive crew were busy talking and not paying attention. 

We did have beach time too. 

Id research each excursion and book the smallest group you can. Where we anchored, there were 2 other boats there. It really was awful. So crowded and people floundering because they got no instructions