RoyalUp since the re-start

LonB

Curious if anyone has had success.   I checked my cruise (Freedom on the 13th) and there are over 100 Balconies available.   Does anyone know if they are running 30/50% occupancy based on cabin type or just overall?    I don't want to overbid just to get it, especially with that kind of availability   

Any thoughts? 

Thanks

Just got back from our Ovation of the Seas 8-27-21 to 09-03-21 sailing to Alaska.

We bid for a 1-BR GS booked a Jr Suite.

From multiply sources was told at 40% capacity

I did bid 5% more than min

I got the email at 5:06pm the day we boarded the ship, we boarded at 12 noon, we did not win.

Little slow on the emails but I was totally happy with the room I booked and so not a big deal. 

Well.. I’m sailing on Odyssey today (9/5) and my royal up for a JS (in a o/v balcony currently) is still pending.. I actually was able to modify it as well.. so I bumped up my offer on a JS to 75pp from 60.. if it’s still pending when I board.. I’ll ask guest services to see if they know and/or can do anything.. 

44 minutes ago, JC Pats said:

Well.. I’m sailing on Odyssey today (9/5) and my royal up for a JS (in a o/v balcony currently) is still pending.. I actually was able to modify it as well.. so I bumped up my offer on a JS to 75pp from 60.. if it’s still pending when I board.. I’ll ask guest services to see if they know and/or can do anything.. 

They claim you can modify a bid up to 3 hours before boarding!

We sailed on Adventure in mid August and minimum bid on a Jr Suite from our balcony. We won that bid to our surprise and really enjoyed the extra room although after the cruise we sat down and looked at the time we spent in the room and figured a balcony is fine for the both of us as we are really light travelers and spend almost no time in the room. It cost us $300 total and determined that we could have better spent the money on other things more worthwhile. (We spent $300 on the balcony but we only spent $258 onboard during the whole trip) We may be in the minority on the cabin size but for us the adventure is about the sailing and the many things to do onboard and on shore and not time sitting in our room. The only nice thing I liked was the coffee maker (not really a coffee maker but espresso maker) but I could live without that for the money we would save. And for a final, the balcony on our upcoming Ovation sailing has a coffee maker in it already.