Johnny Rockets

You guys are are really doing me in! Good thing we sail in 21 days! Planning speciality venues probably 4 or 6 nights? We are early diners so not sure what we will do on late 12 hour tour returns from Florence, Rome, & Naples - although we have MDR resevations, maybe quick bite in Windjammer. Yes, those ports are correct! It's not so much about what dessert you will choose, but where you will have it! TAKE THAT-- NOW WE'RE EVEN!

Hey Don only one problem with that idea will you have any room left for even a quick bite after you have had all the real deal Italian Tiramisu , Canolis , Gelato , Pizza etc in the fabulous destinations in Italy you are going to visit. :) :) :)

Hey Don only one problem with that idea will you have any room left for even a quick bite after you have had all the real deal Italian Tiramisu , Canolis , Gelato , Pizza etc in the fabulous destinations in Italy you are going to visit. :) :) :)

You're back! So on the whole tiramisu thing, I'm a little obsessed with the Italian dessert tiramisu. So the best onboard is in either Portofino or Giovanni's Table, both are good. However, there is a tiramisu dessert cup available in Sorrento's that is quite good as well. Now if I could only get Royal Caribbean to partner with The Cheesecake Factory and have available all of their desserts, life would be made!  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 9/5/2019 at 11:25 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

It varies by ship but most ships that I have been on include JR in the UDP.

Does UDP work for lunch everyday in Johnny Rockets and Sabor, or only sea days?  I know lunch at specialty restaurants are only good on sea days, but they are only open on sea days, where Johnny Rockets and Sabor are open almost everyday for lunch.

1 hour ago, DES said:

Does UDP work for lunch everyday in Johnny Rockets and Sabor, or only sea days?  I know lunch at specialty restaurants are only good on sea days, but they are only open on sea days, where Johnny Rockets and Sabor are open almost everyday for lunch.

For JR unfortunately this is decided by the ship.  That means it could one week but not another.  

At the moment many people are reporting success but that could change.

For Sabor it should, if Sabor is open on a sea day.  

Basically, the rule is, if the restaurant is open and you have the UDP,  you can dine there at no charge.  As Twangster said, the problem is, you never know when the restaurant is going to be open.

A few weeks ago, on Liberty, we were told that they alternate port days when either Giovanni's or Chops will be open for lunch.  You just never know which one is going to be open.  On NAV back in July, we found out that many port days Izumi was open but it was never advertised anywhere !  We just lucked up on finding it open one day and ended up going back for lunch a couple more days.

Since each ship operates independently it is entirely up to the Food and Beverage manager as to which/when restaurant will be open.  This is also true of the Key complimentary embarkation lunch.  Some ships have decided that they will sell more Key packages but in order to do that they must have their embarkation lunch in the MDR rather than in the restaurant.  That is an individual ship's decision to make.  That is where the UDP can prove more valuable than the Key as we were able to dine at Chops on embarkation day while the Key folks were fed in the MDR.  Conversely, when we were on NAV in July, we were denied entry into Chops on embarkation day due to them only admitting The Key people but we were allowed to eat at Giovanni's.  

Bottom line, you just never know what you're going to get until you get there !