Good chocolate cake

BobWaterman

On our last cruise before the shut down we were invited to a birthday party and our hosts had ordered a chocolate cake. I can honestly say it was one of the best chocolate cakes ever.

That was on Adventure and our friends were in a suite so I am not sure how or where they ordered the cake but they occasionally post here on the boards so I will ping them and perhaps they will see this and be able to give you some insight.

@AlohaLivin can you help?

On 9/4/2021 at 6:06 PM, FionaMG said:

On our last cruise before the shut down we were invited to a birthday party and our hosts had ordered a chocolate cake. I can honestly say it was one of the best chocolate cakes ever.

That was on Adventure and our friends were in a suite so I am not sure how or where they ordered the cake but they occasionally post here on the boards so I will ping them and perhaps they will see this and be able to give you some insight.

@AlohaLivin can you help?

Hi! @FionaMG

@BobWaterman  We are the friends that Fiona discussed that had the chocolate cake. It was a wonderful birthday party and we had such amazing people there to help us celebrate Eric’s 60th!  Fiona and Ferdinand made it extra special 😊 The good new is that it is super easy to get the cake, you go on to the Royal Caribbean gift url (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/ , but it was malfunctioning today) and order it there for your cruise. I would confirm with the maître d’ a few days before the cruise and also note it with the room attendant at the beginning of the cruise. The cake is seriously delicious, you would not imagine that a cake on a ship would be that good, but it’s pretty amazing!

I brought some napkins and little paper plates just to make sure we had something for the cake. I also made a special birthday topper. FYI, If I were you I wouldn’t bother with decorations via RCL (of course it depends on the age and gender of the recipient). You can get great, inexpensive sets of decorations from Amazon and I found it super easy to hang them up with the little plastic hooks that they supply into the metal structures on the ceiling. I will attach some photos to show you the cake and some of the decor. 

Happy birthday to your daughter and good luck with it all! 

Lynn

8558062C-5A1F-4401-8EF2-6CCC8639B956.jpeg

9399BA10-0780-48F3-8998-313C8FF9554D.jpeg

54AE2A2F-9712-4E60-99FE-2517B19A44FB.jpeg

9 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

8558062C-5A1F-4401-8EF2-6CCC8639B956.jpeg

9399BA10-0780-48F3-8998-313C8FF9554D.jpeg

54AE2A2F-9712-4E60-99FE-2517B19A44FB.jpeg

The photos bring back such good memories (sigh). 😊

In case anyone is wondering about the cabin, it is one of the panoramic ocean view suites right at the front of the ship and is absolutely fabulous. It doesn't have a balcony so that might be a no-no for some but I think it would be brilliant for a colder weather destination that's all about scenery, such as Alaska or fall foliage, because the view from those windows is absolutely breathtaking. 

9 hours ago, FionaMG said:

The photos bring back such good memories (sigh). 😊

In case anyone is wondering about the cabin, it is one of the panoramic ocean view suites right at the front of the ship and is absolutely fabulous. It doesn't have a balcony so that might be a no-no for some but I think it would be brilliant for a colder weather destination that's all about scenery, such as Alaska or fall foliage, because the view from those windows is absolutely breathtaking. 

Since my mother had died 2 weeks before we boarded, it was all a little surreal, and having old and new friends onboard made it so much nicer for me!  We didn’t post pictures of people at our little party because I didn’t think I should put pictures of people without their permission (although I wanted to. 🤩 ). They’re great memories for us too!

We enjoyed the big panoramic suite, it was definitely different than any suite we had been in prior. The downside is that there are two small bathrooms, but there is a small “second bedroom” that has bunk beds that would be great for people traveling with children). But that view! 😻