Beach Club at Coco Cay

HeatherP

I was there at the end of July.  The beach club is very nice.  Lunch is great.  

It does sell out but at the prices I see across all my cruises people aren't buying it so it isn't selling out.

For me the current price point doesn't have enough value to justify the cost.  Some of my cruises have it over $190 per person.

The problem with the current price model is that there is so much to do on CocoCay and areas to explore that are included I can't justify the cost of the beach club.

CocoCay is that great without the beach club so the price of the beach club doesn't work for me.  

In the future when two Oasis class at full capacity are visiting CocoCay at the same time I think the value proposition of the beach club changes.   Right now at reduced capacity with so few guests competing for included resources I just don't see value in the beach club for a lunch.  

I also think anyone who hasn't been to CocoCay should not buy the beach club.  If they do they are less likely to explore the rest of CocoCay and I believe newcomers should explore all that is CocoCay on their first visit.  

2 hours ago, HeatherP said:

Anyone been recently? What are the prices you've seen? Going on HOTS in January and lowest price is $160.99.  Wondering if this ever actually sells out.

To give some perspective, we  purchased for $79/pp for our Nov '21 visit.   Purchased very early (1 yr) in anticipation of a fully occupied (normal times) PDCC.    (Twangster has  good perspective and recent experience for the current situation.)

2 hours ago, KLA said:

Wow, I just got it for $71/pp - feeling VERY good about that price now for my Oct sailing. 

It was $79 when it first opened in 2020 for this Allure sailing I am currently on.  It was running in the $160/per person range for this past month in the Cruise Planner.  3 days prior to sailing it dropped to $79. The Beach Club cabanas went to $599! Currently Beach Club pass is priced at:

Screenshot_20210907-145308_Royal.thumb.jpg.7e3f179fe9e6b6028b7ac9ecd4943517.jpg

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It was $79 when it first opened in 2020 for this Allure sailing I am currently on.  It was running in the $160/per person range for this past month in the Cruise Planner.  3 days prior to sailing it dropped to $79. The Beach Club cabanas went to $599! Currently onboard priced at:

Screenshot_20210907-145308_Royal.thumb.jpg.7e3f179fe9e6b6028b7ac9ecd4943517.jpg

Interesting - the beach club cabanas are showing for me at $999!

If they let me pay the difference on board I'd absolutely upgrade for $199 for my husband and I...

Prices are seemingly random and all over the place, huh? Or at least the pattern for demand isn't terribly clear. 

Interesting observation - the floating cabanas that were going for about $1600 yesterday are going for $800 today. 

Not quite enough of a bargain for me to want to rent one - but interesting to see how much these prices can jump nonetheless. It seems like Royal is still gauging exactly how much people will consistently spend for the luxury. 

Most other cabanas are down to about ~$500 today.

6 minutes ago, KLA said:

Interesting observation - the floating cabanas that were going for about $1600 yesterday are going for $800 today. 

Not quite enough of a bargain for me to want to rent one - but interesting to see how much these prices can jump nonetheless. It seems like Royal is still gauging exactly how much people will consistently spend for the luxury. 

Most other cabanas are down to about ~$500 today.

What ship are you on? Symphony has floating cabana at $1699 late October 

Just remember, "worth" is all in the eye of the beholder.  What I think is worth the money may not be your idea.  Look at what is offered and make an informed decision.  I was just listening to a podcast where they were discussing this and what I decided was that for my first or even second trip to CocoCay I would not do it because I want to experience everything the island has and if I had the Beach club I would want to stay there and get the most for my money. BUT, after those first visits I think I will definitely do the Beach Club to just kick back and relax. 

Here's our point of view after spending a couple days in a row at CocoCay last week.

On both days we utilized the complementary areas and food.  We were extremely satisfied and have no complaints.  Chill Beach was very enjoyable, and we had no problems finding a set of chairs and umbrella.  Getting food was simple.  Disclaimer:  CocoCay was nowhere near full capacity.

Some people we met onboard the first day on the ship spent one of the days at the Beach Club and really enjoyed it.  Based on this feedback, we decided to book it if the price ever dropped from >$100 pp.

Looking at the Cruise Planner for the second leg of our upcoming back to back, we saw it went from $160ish to $88ish (I can't remember the exact amounts), so we booked it.  We are curious how we'll like the experience and want to see if we feel it'll be worth the extra cost when ship capacities start getting back to normal.

I'll let you know what our thoughts about it are mid-November. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 11:20 AM, twangster said:

I was there at the end of July.  The beach club is very nice.  Lunch is great.  

It does sell out but at the prices I see across all my cruises people aren't buying it so it isn't selling out.

For me the current price point doesn't have enough value to justify the cost.  Some of my cruises have it over $190 per person.

The problem with the current price model is that there is so much to do on CocoCay and areas to explore that are included I can't justify the cost of the beach club.

CocoCay is that great without the beach club so the price of the beach club doesn't work for me.  

In the future when two Oasis class at full capacity are visiting CocoCay at the same time I think the value proposition of the beach club changes.   Right now at reduced capacity with so few guests competing for included resources I just don't see value in the beach club for a lunch.  

I also think anyone who hasn't been to CocoCay should not buy the beach club.  If they do they are less likely to explore the rest of CocoCay and I believe newcomers should explore all that is CocoCay on their first visit.  

Silly question but if someone just wanted to lay out on lounge chairs on the beach vs water park stuff, can you do that on CocoCay and not be in the beach club?

3 hours ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Silly question but if someone just wanted to lay out on lounge chairs on the beach vs water park stuff, can you do that on CocoCay and not be in the beach club?

Sure, plenty of areas to lay out on lounge chairs on the beach besides the Beach Club. Chill Island and Harbor beach area two areas plus a beach that is just south of Oasis Lagoon. Plus once ships start sailing again with higher capacity I'm sure South Beach will be open to guests again.  

8 hours ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Yes, With reduced capacity, the only reason to book the beach club is for the meal - which is really good. 

With Coco Cay at full capacity, I think there is a lot of value in avoiding the crowds for a quiet, upscale beach day - With it a very reduced capacity, you can find a quiet spot almost anywhere.

18 hours ago, Jennifer Burke said:

We spent two days there this month hanging out on Chill Beach which has no extra charge. There were plenty of loungers next to umbrellas for us to chose from. 

If we ever go there on a ship at full capacity, I'll definitely want to get off the ship early to find a "prime" seating area.

We both enjoyed the complementary food and beverages.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:34 AM, teddy said:

We spent two days there this month hanging out on Chill Beach which has no extra charge. There were plenty of loungers next to umbrellas for us to chose from. 

If we ever go there on a ship at full capacity, I'll definitely want to get off the ship early to find a "prime" seating area.

We both enjoyed the complementary food and beverages.

Oh I didn't know they had complimentary food etc. Thanks for the info

On 9/30/2021 at 8:24 AM, Jkaczano said:

We were at beach club yesterday with a cabana. Quite frankly, unless I had a cabana, I probably wouldn’t book beach club right now.  Oasis was the only ship there with about 2600 passengers and beach club was more crowded than oasis pool. 

Agreed. We visited and Allure and Freedom were both in port. The Beach Club was pretty packed while the rest of the island was quiet other than the Oasis Lagoon. That's where the party was. I probably wouldn't do the beach club outside of a cabana if I was paying for it. I will gladly let someone else pay my way in however 😂

We were orginally on a sailing with Navigator, and had the beach club locked in for $76.00.  However, when Navigator was retasked to California, and we were bumped to Freedom instead, the price went up to $161.00.  However, to my astonishment, I received an email from Royal advising the difference between the original $76.00 and the $161.00 for the new booking would be refunded as an OBC. 

With some judicious sniping of the booking, I managed to drop the fee to $124.00 and was rather pleased with myself.  More so when I was able to reduce it further to $93.00

Matt's advice (and I paraphrase) to constantly review such bookings (including drinks packages), cancel and immediately rebook for price drops, has paid dividends.

And in fairness to Royal, they did the OBC for the difference between $76.00 and $93.00 which Sheryl absorbed in shopping.

We were just at CocoCay on Friday on Symphony and another ship arrived later in the morning.

Plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the beach and the Oasis pool.  Great drink service and food was nearby.

We would like to try the Beach Club when the prices aren't so high.  Otherwise we will continue to use it as a relaxing beach day and pay for beach clubs at other port stops.

We recently went to the Club while on the Mariner when we stopped.  We were the only ship in port and I had a pretty good deal on it (all things considered) at $79.   We LOVED the experience.   This particular cruise it was just the two of us and we figured we should try it at least once.  To give a bit of perspective, we are a middle aged couple, NOT high maintenance and just love to cruise and chill out.  We arrived early (much to my husbands dismay initially!), but scored one of the beach beds (first come first serve) right by the pool.  The service there was no less than fantastic and it was nice to be able to get in and out of the pool without getting sandy.  Restrooms are very close by as well.  Lunch - WHEW -  The lunch was no short of spectacular.  Seriously, I consider myself a bit of a snob with lobster and steak and these were cooked perfectly.  Sitting in the shade with a breeze, view of the ocean, outstanding service, and enjoying a fine meal -  What more could you ask for?   Afterwards, back to chilling out in the pool and the lounger.  Finally, a trip back to the boat.  It truly was a perfect day!  Also, no exaggeration, there were probably less than 50 people there (including cabanas).  

Above review aside, I'll say, we're big fans of Coco Cay in general and have never spent any $$ on excursions there in the past.  The pool, the beach, swim up bars, seating, food, drinks  etc are great all around the island.  Zero complaints whatsoever.  As someone else said, if there's definitely no "need" to do the Club.  It's fun, and if the price is right, I'd definitely do it again, but definitely not a MUST DO.  This particular cruise it was just the two of us and we figured we should try it at least once.