Deluxe drink package question

Cruiser58

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Doesn't it cover up to $13, not 12?

Historically Oasis and Quantum class covered up to $13 while the rest of the fleet was $12.  

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/Deluxe_Beverage_Package Flyer.pdf

† Deluxe Beverage Package includes any single beverage item with a value of up to $12 for select ships and sail dates.

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Historically Oasis and Quantum class covered up to $13 while the rest of the fleet was $12.  

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/Deluxe_Beverage_Package Flyer.pdf

† Deluxe Beverage Package includes any single beverage item with a value of up to $12 for select ships and sail dates.

This one is from 2021 with $13

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/beverage-packages/deluxe-beverage-packages-cruises.pdf

I have never been "upcharged" for going over the max - unless it's wine. But I am not snobby enough with my wine to want to order a $30 glass of wine (and I am too cheap to order it to see if they would). I think I ordered a $16/glass once or twice - and I wasn't charged the overage. Could be bartender specific, could be I'm cute. Who knows. Bottom line, I wouldn't stress too much over that $1. And I agree with Matt - you would be hard pressed to find a mixed drink they charge you extra on - you're going to have to go top-top-top shelf. 

30 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

And if you're ordering Courvoisier you're probably doing so because of the fancy name, not because it's that great of a brandy cognac

Somewhat related to something I witnessed on a cruise.

Two or three folks order a round of Louis XIII. Bartender carefully warms the snifter glasses and precisely pours an exact measure. This group then downs it less then two minutes and chases it with a tequila shot. I'll never forget the expression the bartender had, was a combination of amazement and disbelief.

19 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@CGTLH As a partial black person, I want to say these were black people....maybe young people. Louis XIII has become popular in hip hop culture, like a lot of luxury things, but they don't really have an appreciation for it. I have seen this numerous times and shake my head. 

Young I recall, would guess no older than 30. Rest is a bit hazy, darn you Champagne Bar.

21 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@CGTLHI remember once on NCL these barely 21 kids were ordering MaCallan and asking for tons of mixers to be added. The bartender made a comment basically saying it should be savored and a waste of good liquor. They replied we like the name. 🤦‍♀️

Good thing they weren't drinking Bunnahabhain or Bruichladdich.