MEI Travel Agent saved me almost $1000

Scatmanjack

Shout out to Sharla @ MEI Travel!

She has rebooked two upcoming cruises for us over the past month and has saved us almost $1000.

Will probably be sending her a message soon to book another one... 🙂  (FCCs needs to be spent, we are trying but she keeps saving us money!)

Paul

Add me to the list! @Sharlais the best! She's saved me a bunch as well for my May 2022 Alaska cruise twice now!!! Nothing like receiving emails from her telling you that she's saved you money.......AGAIN!!!!! LOL Very thankful to have her plan our trip. Thank you again Sharla!!!!!🤗

I decided to use a TA on a cruise in 01/23. The TA has been in business for 32 years but when I booked it through her it was the same price and same everything I had found.  She has not been the best at follow up with questions I've had , and when I tried to get an annual insurance plan for travel she conferenced me in with someone and come to find out the TA did not have the facts straight. So far I'm not happy. I'm thinking I need someone else.  

38 minutes ago, wozswoman said:

I decided to use a TA on a cruise in 01/23. The TA has been in business for 32 years but when I booked it through her it was the same price and same everything I had found.  She has not been the best at follow up with questions I've had , and when I tried to get an annual insurance plan for travel she conferenced me in with someone and come to find out the TA did not have the facts straight. So far I'm not happy. I'm thinking I need someone else.  

If the agent is part of an agency you could ask to be switched to a different agent within the company.

22 hours ago, wozswoman said:

There are a couple of things you can do here. One- ride it out with that TA. Since the cruise is so far out that may or may not be what you want to do. Two- ask for it back, the agent can release it back to your care. Three- You can have it transferred to a different agency. Four- If it's a refundable deposit and the price is the same or similar as what it is today you can just cancel.

With options 2 and 3 it will depend on the agent releasing it (more so with option 3) and make sure that agent doesn't charge fees for cancellation. But the reservation number will remain the same and if you have anything on the cruise planner (unlikely since it's so far out) that will also remain.

Good luck!

56 minutes ago, Sharla said:

There are a couple of things you can do here. One- ride it out with that TA. Since the cruise is so far out that may or may not be what you want to do. Two- ask for it back, the agent can release it back to your care. Three- You can have it transferred to a different agency. Four- If it's a refundable deposit and the price is the same or similar as what it is today you can just cancel.

With options 2 and 3 it will depend on the agent releasing it (more so with option 3) and make sure that agent doesn't charge fees for cancellation. But the reservation number will remain the same and if you have anything on the cruise planner (unlikely since it's so far out) that will also remain.

Good luck!

Thanks.  I'm going to ride it out since we paid the deposit already.  The deposit per RCL is non refundable but we could make changes with a $100 per person fee.  However, I am going to contact someone else for another trip or two we are planning. May I email you?

2 minutes ago, wozswoman said:

Thanks.  I'm going to ride it out since we paid the deposit already.  The deposit per RCL is non refundable but we could make changes with a $100 per person fee.  However, I am going to contact someone else for another trip or two we are planning. May I email you?

Another vote for @Sharla  she’s very responsive and will answer any questions you have. 

I'm in the " @Sharlais awesome!" camp for sure! I haven't snagged any price drops recently, but what I really appreciate is that when I think I see a price drop and ask about it, she'll get in touch with me and tell me whether or not it's actually a good deal given my current promotions including OBC and the like. So, while I may not always save extra money on the front end, I'm still getting my value maximized thanks to Sharla's skills in "travel agent math", and to me, that's good, too! 🙂

2 hours ago, Blulady said:

I just have to chime in!!  Michelle at MEI got us $683 OBC yesterday for our cruise next month!  LOVE Michelle at MEI!

Me too! Yesterday @michelle got us $743 OBC for each of our cabins on Harmony at the end of this month. Woohoo! 😁

The weird thing is I have been checking the price religiously every day and as far as I can see there has been no price drop. The current selling price for the same cabin category is $500 more than we paid!

However, we are not ones to look a gift horse in the mouth and I am sure we will have no trouble spending it! 😊

21 hours ago, wozswoman said:

Yes, you can email me [email protected]

On 9/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, FionaMG said:

Me too! Yesterday @michelle got us $743 OBC for each of our cabins on Harmony at the end of this month. Woohoo! 😁

The weird thing is I have been checking the price religiously every day and as far as I can see there has been no price drop. The current selling price for the same cabin category is $500 more than we paid!

However, we are not ones to look a gift horse in the mouth and I am sure we will have no trouble spending it! 😊

happy it worked out and have no idea how royal is pricing things these days but not going to ask 🙂

MEI Travel is one of the best things I learned about through @Matt.   Working with Kathy Geiger has saved us hundreds of dollars.   Cheryl and I have 3 cruises booked with her over the next 12 months and now we're looking to keep her busy setting up new adventures.