Latest Boarding Time for Symphony?

ChrisK2793

We’re going on Symphony Saturday October 16 with friends and their kids.  We all have a 1pm boarding time scheduled.  They’ve now decided they don’t want their 10yo son to miss 2 Saturday soccer games.  So rather than driving from Orlando to Miami on Friday night like we are ….. they’ve decided to go to the soccer game Saturday morning and then drive to Miami to board.  They’re also planning on taking crazy traffic congested I-95 instead of the turnpike because they said you’ll get stuck on the turnpike with nowhere to go if there’s an accident.  His game will probably be over around 11am or so.

‘What’s the latest they can get to the port on Saturday and still be allowed to board the ship?  Symphony is currently scheduled to leave at 7pm.  

As a previous both soccer mom and central Floridian, I cannot fathom that they'd make it to the port in time. We lived in Oviedo so further East but a little further North. For us it was 3 1/2 hours with no traffic. With the required reservations and health pre-screen, I doubt it will work out. Good luck!

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

My luck would be my kid breaking his leg playing soccer the morning of embarkation.  No way would I risk it, lol.

3 hours ago, CrusingfromClayton said:

As a previous both soccer mom and central Floridian, I cannot fathom that they'd make it to the port in time. We lived in Oviedo so further East but a little further North. For us it was 3 1/2 hours with no traffic. With the required reservations and health pre-screen, I doubt it will work out. Good luck!

RIGHT!!  I personally think they’re crazy trying to do all that the same day ….. but I guess it’s their money if they want to take the chance of missing the boat.  We’re driving down on Friday after our son gets out of school.

15 hours ago, CrusingfromClayton said:

Twice we have been stuck in traffic (fatality) with no where to get off for almost 2 hours for one and over an hour on the 2nd one.  Needless to say we missed both appointment.  I would think twice about trying do push it to the wire.