Luggage Tags in Black and White?

teddy

We have always printed the luggage tags out at my wife's work using a color printer, but she's still working from home and only goes to the office once every couple weeks.

Should we make a special trip to print them in color, or will black and white be okay?

With all the hoops to jump through in order to cruise, this seems rather inconsequential now that I've typed it out, but oh well.  🙂

One thing I have found is that if you buy the luggage tag you should consider the environment in which they will be used.  I have found that in the tropical climates where humidity is prominent the printed tickets tend to discolor the plastic sleeves of the luggage tags.  I combat this by printing the tags and then covering over them with clear packaging tape.  This prevents the color or B&W ink or laserjet ink from marking up your tags.

11 hours ago, Linda R said:

But I usually carry on my luggage.

I carry mine on too, but still affix the luggage tags anyways.  Gotta make sure the people on the airplane (that I'll never see again) know I'm getting on a boat 😆

after 18 months of no cruising, I'm looking forward to repeating this ritual in just 3 weeks!

5 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:

I carry mine on too, but still affix the luggage tags anyways.  Gotta make sure the people on the airplane (that I'll never see again) know I'm getting on a boat 😆

after 18 months of no cruising, I'm looking forward to repeating this ritual in just 3 weeks!

I've wanted to do this but I scared of the baggage handlers at the airport getting confused and either ripping it off or losing my luggage

5 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Me too!  I just put mine in my carry on and put them on when we get to the hotel.

Yup! same! There's something both really relaxing and really exciting about putting them on at that stage. Like both 'finally we're at the last step' and 'OMG IT'S HERE!'

2 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Yup! same! There's something both really relaxing and really exciting about putting them on at that stage. Like both 'finally we're at the last step' and 'OMG IT'S HERE!'

We'll be feeling the same way twice...passing the Antigen test AND putting the luggage tags on just before the embarkation process...it's a two'fer! 🤣

3 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

We'll be feeling the same way twice...passing the Antigen test AND putting the luggage tags on just before the embarkation process...it's a two'fer! 🤣

I feel like seeing that "negative" result will be when I can finally breathe and say, "Holy crap, this one isn't getting cancelled, we are really going!" (Two cancelled cruises, three other cancelled vacations, and two years later)

3 hours ago, barjpoe said:

Ours too; we sail in 10 days, but I've put in for a Royal Up so I think that may be the problem

Nah, I put in for RoyalUp for my October 24th sailing a couple of weeks ago and I got my luggage tags last week.  RoyalUp is run by a third-party company so it's unrelated.

13 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I've wanted to do this but I scared of the baggage handlers at the airport getting confused and either ripping it off or losing my luggage

I always fly in the day before a cruise. So I put on the ship tag before I get on ship, even though I am carrying on my luggage.