Matt, can you clarify?

I called C&A to find out what my options would be if I chose to cancel a few of my winter 2022 cruises.  Now, I know that I must wait for the protocols for those sailings to be announced, but, essentially, I asked hypothetically what would happen if those sailings were for the coming weeks and were under the current published protocols AND I did not want to sail due to the protocols.  I received two different answers to my query for sailings I described as follows:   

All sailings are balcony cabins with NRD of anywhere from $250. to $450. and range from 6 to 11 nights

All are currently paid in full utilizing:   A) my credit card     b) funds from an FCC given as a result of Royal cancelling my cruise    c) a combination of A&B

The answers I was given -

I) If in the future, I disagree with published protocols for a sailing I am booked on, I can cancel and I will receive a full refund, including my NRD. All will be refunded to the original card.

2)  I will be issued a new FCC for each of the sailings that would need to be utilized by whatever dates apply. (At this time, more FCC's will not work for me.)

I would love to know which of these is correct. Thank you.

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I called C&A to find out what my options would be if I chose to cancel a few of my winter 2022 cruises.  Now, I know that I must wait for the protocols for those sailings to be announced, but, essentially, I asked hypothetically what would happen if those sailings were for the coming weeks and were under the current published protocols AND I did not want to sail due to the protocols.  I received two different answers to my query for sailings I described as follows:   

All sailings are balcony cabins with NRD of anywhere from $250. to $450. and range from 6 to 11 nights

All are currently paid in full utilizing:   A) my credit card     b) funds from an FCC given as a result of Royal cancelling my cruise    c) a combination of A&B

The answers I was given -

I) If in the future, I disagree with published protocols for a sailing I am booked on, I can cancel and I will receive a full refund, including my NRD. All will be refunded to the original card.

2)  I will be issued a new FCC for each of the sailings that would need to be utilized by whatever dates apply. (At this time, more FCC's will not work for me.)

Assuming

• you cancel your cruise while CWC is still in effect and
  • your cruise falls within the CWC timeframe and
  • they are still offering the "cancel due to COVID protocols and receive a full refund"

#1 would apply.

No one can predict the future and we can't assume what was allowed in August or September will be allowed in January or February.

The only known or worst case for winter 2022 is CWC where you get FCC if you cancel a cruises that isn't being cancelled by Royal.

For cancellations due to dislike of protocols we really don't know and can't predict but using August and September as examples there was a 30 day window once protocols were announced for a sail date to be eligible for a refund.  I wouldn't assume that refund option will always be available in the future. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

No one can predict the future and we can't assume what was allowed in August or September will be allowed in January or February.

As I have become ill and likely will not be able to follow the current protocols if they are in existence in Jan thru March, I am hoping that I will be able to get a full refund aa making use of the FCCs will not be an option for me. 🙂

The answer today for announced protocols on September sailings would be #1. But any FCCs you have must already be applied to the reservation.

You could optionally get #2 answer as well, if you preferred.

---

As others said, who knows what will happen in the future.

It is actually both 1 and 2 but with caveats on both. As some others have stated the protocols are only available until Sept. Imho I would not bank on the refund option being available come Jan/Feb 2022. There is a good chance the CSO will expire in Nov and not be replaced, which means that some of these "perks" will be discontinued. Offering a refund because of protocols will not be a long-term or permanent solution, so don't make final payment thinking that. If you can't go it is better to only have $250-450 in FCCs than $1000s. I know that's not ideal but that is what you agreed to by taking the FCCs and signing the cruise contract.

12 hours ago, Jill said:

Well since your cruises have not met the final payment date, your deposit is at risk unless it’s refundable. So if you know you won’t be able to cruise, I’d just cancel now. Do you have refundable deposits? 

I agree with Jill. If you're before final payment date and not comfortable with the current protocols, I'd cancel before final payment date and rebook later when you feel more comfortable.