Diamond Lounge??? : Mr. Bayley says they are "Bringing Back several C&A Benefits "?

As of September 1st, Mr. Bayley says that Royal Caribbean is fully opening  the Diamond Lounge and more!!! 

They will have full capacity.  

What else will be brought back?

Will they offer unlimited drinks during the "Happy Hours" as they did before the pandemic?  Or will they continue to use your daily vouchers in the Diamond Lounge???

What do you think?

Open bar was never a stated benefit.  The change to vouchers was coming even without the pandemic.  

Personally I love any drink, any bar, any time compared to the cheap stuff they offered in the DL.  Any drink, any bar, any time was a significant upgrade.  Adding more vouchers was icing on the cake.

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

Personally I love any drink, any bar, any time compared to the cheap stuff they offered in the DL.  Any drink, any bar, any time was a significant upgrade.  Adding more vouchers was icing on the cake.

This.   We avoided the evening cocktail time.  I get that some use this time for visiting others they know, but the cheap drinks just didn't do it for me.  

As a lowly Platinum member (and we just crossed over!), we are looking forward to the vouchers when we get to that level.  We don't drink, and uses the refreshment package.  With the vouchers, there are clear instances when we would not need to purchase any drink package.

It all depends on what and when you like to drink.

The vouchers work well for those who want more expensive mixed drinks or wine!  And the vouchers work well for those who want to drink anytime during the day.

Those that prefer to drink, for example, lite beer and lower priced wine/sparkling wine or hard seltzer  before dinner, may prefer the unlimited happy hours. 

I am happy with either benefit and we should thank Royal Caribbean for having such great benefits for their loyal cruisers.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Open bar was never a stated benefit.  The change to vouchers was coming even without the pandemic.  

Hmmmm…’Any drink, any bar, any time’ sounds like a great cruising song!….😋

A common complaint from the late dinner seating crowd was that the C&A happy hour precluded them from enjoying a glass of wine in the MDR since happy hour was over by the time they were seated for dinner.

The reality is the crowded DL complaint that many C&A members expressed frustration over was directly tied to open bar.  With open bar gone so will be the crowded DL.  

I think it also sweetens the D+ tier with an extra drink per day.  On a 7 night cruise that's 14 drinks for a couple and $168 savings.  That's nothing to sneeze at for D+.  

The writing was on the wall.  The pandemic provided C&A an opportunity to do something they had to do.  

23 hours ago, twangster said:

A common complaint from the late dinner seating crowd was that the C&A happy hour precluded them from enjoying a glass of wine in the MDR since happy hour was over by the time they were seated for dinner.

The reality is the crowded DL complaint that many C&A members expressed frustration over was directly tied to open bar.  With open bar gone so will be the crowded DL.  

I think it also sweetens the D+ tier with an extra drink per day.  On a 7 night cruise that's 14 drinks for a couple and $168 savings.  That's nothing to sneeze at for D+.  

The writing was on the wall.  The pandemic provided C&A an opportunity to do something they had to do.  

Excellent point on the added benefit to reaching D+

I am thrilled with the voucher system.  My husband is a non-drinker and loves the frozen drinks which he could not get at DL.  And now I am not limited myself to the specific drinks that are free.  I can get anything.   I also like spreading out the times I can now get free drinks, loving the 24/7 anywhere drinks.  It will also cut down on the number of people in the DL.  Usually so crowded you couldn't get seating.  I often was standing and waiting for a drink to take elsewhere.  A big thanks to Royal Caribbean