Suite Lounges

Tink

Hello all.  I just read today's email from Michael Bailey and was surprised to read this statement in his message:

Also incredibly important is the ongoing temporary pause on access to the Suite
and Concierge lounges

I booked a suite for my November cruise specifically for the benefits of this was a large one.  So I was wondering if I am reading his message correctly.  Is this condition just for non-suite C&A members who have previously been allowed access to the lounge or is the lounge closed to all?

Now I am wondering if I should buy a drink package.

As usual, Royal's clarifications have caused more confusion.  

The suites lounges are still available to suite passengers.  As you suggested, the C&A members who used to have access to the Suites Lounge, for now, are not being admitted.

Official letters going to new suites passengers indicate that the Oasis class suites lounges are not currently serving a full beverage menu from 11-11 as they have in the past BUT passenger reports have been - so far, at least - that the 11-11 service has been available on most of the US departures.  What does this mean for your cruise ?  Nobody knows.

Someone else may have better info…but I believe he was referring to limiting access to the lounges. For instance, Pinnacle members will be welcomed into their own area rather than the suite lounge. 
Remember, everything is fluid (nice drink package reference!) and things can change on an almost daily basis…so think positive! Enjoy your cruise!😎

30 minutes ago, Tink said:

Hello all.  I just read today's email from Michael Bailey and was surprised to read this statement in his message:

and Concierge lounges

I booked a suite for my November cruise specifically for the benefits of this was a large one.  So I was wondering if I am reading his message correctly.  Is this condition just for non-suite C&A members who have previously been allowed access to the lounge or is the lounge closed to all?

Now I am wondering if I should buy a drink package.

It’s just “limited access”. All this means is you will actually have a nice window seat during sail away and a very attentive suite concierge + drink serving staff thats finally able to cater to you. Often the lounge was so jam packed with suite guests and friends of suite guests and randoms that you simply couldn’t get a nice seat or a drink (in a timely manner). Enjoy the experience because this situation may not last long. IMHO sailing in a suite on RC reduced capacity is now up to par service wise with high end companies like Regent. 

Michael Bayley's communication was targeted to C&A members, not suite guests.  

Everything in the email pertains to C&A members and only applies to C&A members who would have normally gained access to a suite lounge or concierge club using their C&A benefits when not staying in a full suite.

If a guest is staying in a full suite their suite benefits are not diluted if they also happen to be a C&A member.

Suite benefits are distinct and separate from C&A benefits.  

FROM THE DESK OF MICHAEL BAILEY - PRESIDENT AND CEO

Dear Crown & Anchor Society members,

We are back!

It has been full steam ahead since June, when Adventure of the Seas became the first
Royal Caribbean International ship to sail the Caribbean after many months. Now 13 of
our incredible ships are cruising again, including the brand-new Odyssey of the Seas,
and all 26 ships will be sailing by spring 2022. It’s onward and upward on all fronts —
including several new developments I’m excited to share with you!

We’ve done everything but let up after our first cruise in North America. Every
simulated voyage so far has passed with flying colors, more of our crew members are
returning to work and getting fully vaccinated, and our health and safety measures
continue to prove how effective they are week after week.

More than 160,000 guests and their loved ones have safely cruised with us
from home ports across the U.S., U.K., The Bahamas, Cyprus, Italy, Singapore and Spain. And
there’s more to look forward to when Oasis of the Seas departs on her first-ever cruise
from Cape Liberty on September 5, cruises restart from Tampa, Florida and San Juan, Puerto
Rico in October and November; Navigator of the Seas becomes our first ship to sail
from LA in a decade on November 19, and Ovation of the Seas marks our return to Australia
in December. Get a look at our full lineup here.

This has been a herculean effort, and throughout it all, our crew have been the shining
stars you’ve always known them to be. Their commitment, positive attitude and smiling
faces have made this all possible. And we can see the results of their impact in the
feedback and record-setting guest ratings. I’m even prouder to stand alongside them — a
sense of pride I didn’t realize could be stronger than it already was.

While we’ve been focused on getting back to delivering memorable vacations to all of
you, there’s been as much effort behind bringing to life the new adventures to come.

Construction on the next world’s largest cruise ship and the fifth Oasis Class sister,
Wonder of the Seas, is nearly complete. Keep an eye out because in the coming weeks
we plan to share other exciting details — a new Royal Caribbean ship always has more
than may meet the eye. I can also hardly wait to share more news about our plans in
The Bahamas, including another expansion to make Perfect Day at CocoCay even more
perfect with an entirely new experience we’re calling Hideaway Beach — you heard it
here first!

How exciting is it to talk about new ships and experiences again? We’re just getting
started. As we look ahead, know that we’ll keep making your well-being and that of our
crew and the destinations we visit our top priorities. Our health and safety measures
will adapt to however many more curveballs and changes COVID-19 may have for us,
including requirements from various countries and authorities. For example, The
Bahamas issued a policy requiring guests 12 and older on a cruise ship visiting
the islands to be fully vaccinated, effective September 3 through November 1.
How have we adjusted? All our cruises from Florida visiting The Bahamas must require
that our guests 12 and older be vaccinated. This now means every Royal Caribbean
cruise from the U.S. will sail with fully vaccinated guests, while still welcoming
children under 12 who are ineligible for the vaccine today. We do appreciate your
understanding as we make changes and navigate these waters as best as we can for
everyone’s safety.

As unpredictable as the seas have been over the last 17 months, you’ve never wavered.
Thank you for your support through it all. One of the ways we’d like to show our
gratitude is by safely bringing back several Crown & Anchor Society benefits that were
paused due to COVID-19. We recognize just how important your benefits are to you, and
you can expect the following to return with some small adjustments on cruises setting
sail as soon as September 1:

• The Diamond Lounge is fully opening its doors to welcome more Diamond members and above
• The exclusive Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Top-tier Event
• Complimentary breakfast in specialty restaurants for Pinnacle Club members

and Concierge lounges. Pinnacle Club members, please know we have been determined to
bring you a dedicated space to come together in the meantime. We’ve found a way for
you to do just that by introducing a Pinnacle Club Lounge to host nightly gatherings on
each ship, where there will be light hors d’oeuvres and full bar service. This will be
available to each member through November 1, during which we’ll consistently evaluate the
current public health circumstances for everyone’s well-being on board. We’re
committed to returning this benefit to you as soon as practically possible.

There is more to come as we continue to keep you, our most loyal guests, top of mind.
You can find more details about your returning benefits and more here.

Whether we’ve had the pleasure of welcoming you on board this year already or you’re
planning to cruise with us soon, we are counting down the days till we see you again.
Let’s get cruising!

30175_SIGNATURE.png
Michael Bailey
President & CEO
Royal Caribbean International
"Loyal to Royal"